[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it wrong to want your wife to lose weight?

Cunning Runt

we joke about it, but i'd actually like to see some pics here to know what we are dealing with ...

I saw some pictures. She looks better than 90% of women her age. She might be able to lose a few...but I'm not sure it's more than 10 or 15 pounds. I think she's very attractive.

CR looks very fit (no homo). So I can definitely see where he's coming from. He's putting in the time to look good and wants the same from his wife. If this were me, I wouldn't say a word. I'd just keep doing what you're doing in the gym and invite her.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 pounds is a lot on her frame. My wife is 5'2". If she weighed 125, she would be close to obese. Certainly considered overweight.

While I wouldn't leave her, it would affect our relationship. After 7 years, I'm still very turned on to my wife's body. She's a workout freak and that's one of the things I was attracted to when we met.

So I certainly see where CR is coming from. I think it should be handled delicately...but I think it should be handled.

With all due respect, this is crazy talk. No non-dwarf woman is obese at 125 lbs. My wife is 5' 3" and 120 lbs and could stand to gain a few pounds - that's not just my opinion.

It's obviously good to be turned on by your wife's body, but if that's all there is to your attraction - there will be issues down the road. My wife is smokin', but I can honestly say I'm more turned on by the sexuality between her ears than between her thighs. :wacko:

Anyway - going to Put-in-Bay on Lake Erie to do some serious drinking for a few days so I won't be responding for the most part and if so, very limited. Y'all have a good one.

Cool - went to Put-in-Bay last summer and had a blast. There's a cool little bar out by the airport.

With all due respect, this is crazy talk. No non-dwarf woman is obese at 125 lbs.

Sorry man...you're wrong. And I'm not saying your wife is obese or CR's...but unless a woman carries a lot of muscle, she could very easily be considered close to obese at that weight and height.

And I'm talking a clinical definition of obese...not your definition. Body fat percentage between 33-39% is considered overweight for my wife's age. If she weighed 125, her body fat would fall within those percentages unless she gained considerable muscle. Anything over 39% is obese.

Again, I said my wife would be overweight. This is based on fact. Last time her body fat was tested it was 22% and she weighed 104. She is 5'2".

Sorry man...you're wrong. And I'm not saying your wife is obese or CR's...but unless a woman carries a lot of muscle, she could very easily be considered close to obese at that weight and height.

And I'm talking a clinical definition of obese...not your definition. Body fat percentage between 33-39% is considered overweight for my wife's age. If she weighed 125, her body fat would fall within those percentages unless she gained considerable muscle. Anything over 39% is obese.

Again, I said my wife would be overweight. This is based on fact. Last time her body fat was tested it was 22% and she weighed 104. She is 5'2".

Perhaps using the BMI, but that system is off the charts whacky. Using BMI, the only "healthy weight" people are end-stage aids patients. :wacko:

Perhaps using the BMI, but that system is off the charts whacky. Using BMI, the only "healthy weight" people are end-stage aids patients. :wacko:

No, BMI is bogus. I'm talking body fat...which doesn't lie.

Again, my comments were not directed at anyone's wife but my own. And I'd love her just the same. But if my wife weighed 125, she would be overweight and border line obese. Not Roseanne Barr obese...but clinically and therefore could have health problems.

I didn't realize most huddlers dated midgets. :wacko:

No worries, Cunning Runt...I know exactly how you feel. My third wife once got a zit. I beat it off her and told our 5 kids it'd better not happen to them. They left me shortly thereafter, but (like you) I could still get any woman I wanted. Of course, using the chloroform helps in that respect. I have my pick of the litter right now down in the basement. But God help them if they get one deformity.

I didn't realize most huddlers dated midgets. :wacko:

It's not easy being a foot taller than the average woman. They all feel like midgets to some degree. I don't have the fat percentages memorized but I agree that BMI is crazy talk. At 6' 4" I'd have to weigh 185 pounds to be in the middle of the "normal" category. Sure, I was there when I was 17 but it seems pretty frail at this point (I had 6% body fat back then). Anyway, I'm guessing CR has probably gotten more out of this question than he planned on so maybe we should just drop it :D. He'll make up his mind on what he actually wants to do. I don't think anyone thinks it's "wrong" to ask your wife something. Just be tactful and be prepared that she might get defensive.

Truthfully you either want a woman that has a great body and knows it, because she is willing to use it, and flaunt it without he hang ups, or you want an really overweight chick, as they know their overweight have accepted it, and realize that they have to try a lot harder in the sack to keep your interests up. I've never seen a woman work it like West Virginia's wife. Talk about an A for effort.

Truthfully you either want a woman that has a great body and knows it, because she is willing to use it, and flaunt it without he hang ups, or you want an really overweight chick, as they know their overweight have accepted it, and realize that they have to try a lot harder in the sack to keep your interests up. I've never seen a woman work it like West Virginia's wife. Talk about an A for effort.

:wacko: i'll second that...she's a Panther

Just happened to come across this article so figured i'd post it....

(I like the chair trick)

Top 10: Subtle Ways To Tell Her She's Getting Fat

No.10 - Buy her clothes that are too small

If you buy her clothes that are obviously too small for her, not only will she finally have to admit that she’s putting on weight, but she can easily return them for her correct size. First, she’ll have to reveal to you that the clothes are too small. “Oh,” you might say, “I thought you were a size 8. Isn’t that what you were last summer?” The onus is now on her to do something about it.

No.9 - Sign her up for yoga under the pretence of "stress relief"

This works particularly well if your girlfriend still hasn’t worked out the link between an active lifestyle and emotional well-being. Tell her you have found exactly what she needs to help her relax, a regular spiritual cleanse in the form of a yoga class. Make sure you choose an intense, calorie-burning form (power yoga or ashtanga yoga), otherwise she may end up rolling around on the floor a couple times a week with no real benefits. The beauty of yoga is that if you dress it up as a way to relieve stress, she may not realize that she’s being tricked into shedding a few pounds, and even if she does, you’ll end up with a happier, more self-confident girlfriend rather than a grumpy lard-ass.

No.8 - Set out on your own weight loss plan

Here’s an interesting experiment for you using reverse psychology. A subtle way to tell her she's getting fat is to tell her you’re not happy with your own level of fitness and she may begin to open her eyes to the wider picture. By referencing yourself in any plans to lose weight, you’re also subtly telling her that you’re not the only one who might benefit from a diet. And even if she does see through your ploy, she’ll at least appreciate the tact you have shown and will hopefully take the message on board.

No.7 - Serve her unsatisfactory portions

When dishing up meals for the two of you, try giving her smaller-than-usual amounts. By making her ask for more food, you might succeed in shaming her into an acknowledgment of her recent weight gain, and hopefully to instigate a conversation about what she’s going to do about it. If you feel as though you’re starving yourself in the process, remember you can always go back for more when she’s not looking.

No.6 - Improve your own diet

It’s very easy for the two of you to fall into the downward spiral in which many couples begin to replace sexual intimacy with ice cream and cake. Don’t let this happen by focusing on your own health requirements and staking your right to a junk-food-free home. It might even be the only way of separating her from the fatty foods which have led to the current problem.

No.5 - Playfully grab her love handles

Ask any man and he’ll tell you that he instinctively flexes his biceps whenever a woman touches them. The same thing goes for a woman when you make contact with any unwanted flab: She recoils and feels embarrassment. Use this reaction to your advantage. Even if she thinks that you’re too busy at work to have noticed a few extra pounds, if you continually rest your hand on her love handles (or even lightly pinch them), she’ll soon realize that you’re becoming increasingly aware of something that never used to be there before.

No.4 - Ask her to wear an old dress

Plan a romantic night out for the two of you and insist that she wears something from when you first got together; particularly something that you know doesn’t fit her anymore. This way she’ll have to admit to you that she’s put on too much weight and can no longer get into many of her old clothes. Follow it up by telling her how good she looked in those days, and maybe she’ll make it her mission to get back to that size.

No.3 - Sabotage her chair

Sometimes as men we have to get downright nefarious to get what we want. You might not be proud of stooping to this level, but nothing says “better lose some weight” like a broken chair. After you loosen a few screws or remove some important slats of a chair in which you know she’ll sit and subsequently break, sit back and watch the guaranteed dietary transformation that ensues. It will profoundly amaze you.

No.2 - Leave "now" and "then" photos lying around

This is a highly effective way to draw attention to the explicit changes to her body as you see them. By consistently reminding her of how she used to look, she’ll inevitably be more inclined to do something about her excess flab. Appropriately chosen and strategically placed photos should accomplish this quite nicely. Keep in mind, if she confronts you about trying to shame her into losing weight, the key approach here is denial, as you reply: “Do you actually think I would be that manipulative?” Of course you would, but she doesn’t need to know that.

No.1 - Take her to places where she has to wear a swimsuit

If she seems content staying at home eating donuts in her track pants, why not start taking her to places where she has no choice but to where a swimsuit? As she awkwardly looks around at all the slender bodies having a great time, she’ll more than likely vow to do something about her recent weight gain, especially if she knows she’ll be back there in the not-so-distant future.

Edited by Jackass