[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Troy Polomalu

Shorttynaz

I am a huge Steelers Fan, but even if your not, you have to admit, that was a Pro Bowl first half he played. Could he have been involved in anymore plays? The guys was jacked up and everywhere, maybe the most complete half of football for a defensive player I have ever seen.

he made some awesome plays, but he also had about 80 yards in penalties.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys see his Head and Shoulders comercial? That was after he was injured, he seeems to be a real star both on and off the field just hope it's not serious.
Is that actually his voice? It just sounds so...squeaky. I expected something much different.

There are curses in sports, I beleieve it. Madden is one. When the Rangers burnt their lease in the Stanley cup was another... Lord Stanley would not let them win again for 40 years. Namath sold his soul to the devil... I'm guessin that is a 40 year curse too. Um.... check that.... this would be forty years, make that one a 50 year curse. There is one more.... anyone that coached under Belichick is cursed too. The man has Chuck Norris powers.

We have no time for curses here in Philly.....we just plain suck.

he made some awesome plays, but he also had about 80 yards in penalties.

c'mon. the first one was bogus. Chris Johnson was NOT out of bounds before Troy hit him. He was on his way out of bounds, but he wasn't there yet. Terrible call. The second penalty was negated by an illegal formation. The third penalty was a face mask. Meh. They happen.

c'mon. the first one was bogus. Chris Johnson was NOT out of bounds before Troy hit him. He was on his way out of bounds, but he wasn't there yet. Terrible call. The second penalty was negated by an illegal formation. The third penalty was a face mask. Meh. They happen.

disagree on the late hit. johnson was 2 yards out of bounds when he hit him. not sure what you were looking at. I thought he got hosed on the deep PI call, but the call was still made.

anyway, yeah, polomalu is an incredible player. probably the best safety I've ever seen against the run, and ed reed is probably the best I've ever seen against the pass.

I think the out of bounds call was correct... not blatant, but bad enough. The PI call was flat out horrible. Fortunately it was called back. I thought the face mask was likely not intentional, but TP plays that way. He had that face mask too long to just write it off as just being incidental. TP plays aggressive, on the edge of the rules. For my taste, too close to the edge, and that goes for Ward as well. One could easilly argue that that sort of aggressiveness is just why they have been so successful.

But, as I said earlier... I think he is the best safety I've ver seen, and that includes Lott, and that doesn't come lightly, as Lott could also control a game.

The players I fall in love with are the ones who are great, play clean, well within the rules and the intent of the rules, and never have to worry about meeting a former foe 10 years after they retire holding a grudge for cheap hits, real or percieved. Neither TP or Ward make the cut. That is not to say they aren't very good, and even HoF worthy in TP's case.... but these are players I will never hold in great esteem in an overall picture. As players, yes, a lot of deserved respect but.... as admired players, no. Before Menudo claims I'm on a Steelers rant... let me say I DO admire Rothlisberger. There are other Steelers I admire as well. Just not these two. Respect, acknowledge their greatness, yes. Admire.... no.