[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin

CrimsonGhost

Not only is Favre's rapport with him warming up a bit but more importantly the coaching staff's dedication to get him touches. He's had several plays tailored to get the ball in his hands. That coupled with Favre locking on him at times, I think he'd be a nice start in the right situation (like Detroit this week). :wacko:

Don't know the answer to this one, so I'll ask... Do the Vikings run the Wildcat offense??

I'd put Jackson back there as the QB, with AP, and Harvin. That could be a nice 3'some.

The Vikings did run some Wildcat in the preseason; you may remember Brett Favre splitting out wide and throwing a $15,000 crackback block. While they may not use that particular formation again, they do have some plays where Harvin takes snaps. Jackson has already said he isn't a big fan of running the Wildcat, as he feels he's more of a "true quarterback", but when the options are not playing or playing some Wildcat I'm guessing he'll opt to be on the field.

As for Harvin, I have been one of the few in Minnesota not drinking the purple Kool-Aid on him. My concerns were his ability to stay on the field (off suspension, out of rehab, off the injury report) and the coaching staff's ability to come up with ways to get him the ball. The former is something that can only be judged at the end of the year; he's either played in 16 games or he hasn't. As for the latter, with Favre a) given the option of changing up plays, more so than any QB the Vikes have had under Childress and :wacko: obviously taking a liking to the kid... it may be time to push my cup towards the spigot and load up on the grape. Five touches a game isn't a lot, but if that creeps a little closer to 10 then given his playmaking ability Harvin is at minimum a viable flex position fantasy option. Color me cautiously purpletimistic.

2V

Still the third WR on a a team that wont have to do anything other then hand the ball off to AD and CT. I agree that it was nice to see Bevell and Chili getting the ball in his hands and then let him make a play. For the first game of his NFL career you couldn't ask for more from him. Compared to other options for Brett to pass the ball to he tied Sid Rice with 4 attempts and came up with three (two of his touches were run plays). Compared to more heralded receiving options such as Shiancoe (3 targets and 3 rec.) or BB (2 targets and 0 rec.) it looks very favorable. However, you just can't overlook how often they ran the ball or had a pass designed for CT or AD (40 times). Then if you take a look at the schedule, I just don't see a lot of teams that will force the Vikings to throw the ball more. That just does not leave a whole lot of touches for the receiving core.

I can't overlook the fact that Percy is a playmaker. He does amazing things once he has his hands on the ball in open space and has a nose for the end zone, but until Secret Squirrel makes him more of a focal point of the offense he is a better Bobby Wade. That's just not enough for me at this point.

Edited by griff321

Don't know the answer to this one, so I'll ask... Do the Vikings run the Wildcat offense??

I'd put Jackson back there as the QB, with AP, and Harvin. That could be a nice 3'some.

They have asked Favre if he would like to run some Wildcat formations and his immediate answer was yes but then he waffled and said no then he changed his mind and said maybe, can I let you know AFTER next years training camp.

Edited by gbpfan1231

They have asked Favre if he would like to run some Wildcat formations and his immediate answer was yes but then he waffled and said no then he changed his mind and said maybe, can I let you know AFTER next years training camp.

Love how sad Greenbay fans get. I live in WI but have always been a Vikings fan back to the Randy Moss era. THough if i was a Packer fan id be scared too of the Vikings this year.

I like Harvin this year. He's not your typical rookie WR in that the team is sending in plays specifically for him. Favre will get him involved for sure. He sees the talent this kid has.

Harvin will get carries out of the backfield and he has KR duties. If you get any points for return yardage and/or Tds, that will be a bonus.

It is week two and I have not had any purple kool aid....that being said, I did try to draft PH in all my leagues... Favre does coach rookies...ask Jennings... Favre may not throw over 350 a game this season, but he is 2-0 and is looking at PH... I like him... Each season there are those who dislike rooks, like, that Randy Moss person or the teams that passed on the injury prone Adrian Peterson guy, by the way, how is he doing???

I am hoping that as a WR3 and possible WR2 he will continue to produce....I think / believe he will...

I have started him in my league the first two weeks with very good reults.14 points each week.I get points for kick return yards,not much but every little bit helps.I think Harvin is just scratching the surface of what he is going to do this year.