[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DAL/CAR game thread

BeeR

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Werd. As a Cowboy fan, all I can say to other Cowboy fans, is shut the f+ck up. We have a average team, with a below average coach.

I agree, shut the hell up as well. I was not the least bit impressed with the D early on. Tackling was flat out terrible. This will cost them a game, unless the secondary learns to wrap up instead of just trying to put a shoulder into someone. Sacks and penalties killed Carolina drives in the 2nd half. Dallas had something to do with that, but Newman is terrible. he made 1play, but had help over the top all night. He is not a shut down corner like we thought. And why in the hell is Bobby Carpenter even in the game. Dude is the biggest bust in the last decade. And that is saying something consider some of the other busts we have had like Chris Canty, Anthony Spencer, and the OL in Parcells draft.

Look, Im a die hard cowboy fan, but last week they found so many ways to lose, and last night looked even more pathetic in the first half. I think they beat Denver and maybe KC, But I can see them get toasted again in December, if the tackling, Newman doesnt get better, and they cant find a way to get some help at WR. Roy looks good when he is streaking across the middle wide open, but looks pathetic otherwise. Patrick Crayton is just slow. Most punt returners would score 6 on some of the seems he got last night.

Is it doom and gloom in Dallas today, NO. But Dallas has bad habits it must correct. Tackling, Flozell jumping offsides. playcalling at the 1, and any passion at all in the first half, and the pillsbury doughboy needs to go immediately.

Jake really doesn't look that bad...those 2 picks weren't all his fault as Smith busted that route and Muhsin has to at least make some type of move on that long ball. Not like the pocket wasn't collapsing around him all evening either...

Carolina definitely doesn't look good but it's not all on Delhomme...

+1

I agree, shut the hell up as well. I was not the least bit impressed with the D early on. Tackling was flat out terrible. This will cost them a game, unless the secondary learns to wrap up instead of just trying to put a shoulder into someone. Sacks and penalties killed Carolina drives in the 2nd half. Dallas had something to do with that, but Newman is terrible. he made 1play, but had help over the top all night. He is not a shut down corner like we thought. And why in the hell is Bobby Carpenter even in the game. Dude is the biggest bust in the last decade. And that is saying something consider some of the other busts we have had like Chris Canty, Anthony Spencer, and the OL in Parcells draft.

Look, Im a die hard cowboy fan, but last week they found so many ways to lose, and last night looked even more pathetic in the first half. I think they beat Denver and maybe KC, But I can see them get toasted again in December, if the tackling, Newman doesnt get better, and they cant find a way to get some help at WR. Roy looks good when he is streaking across the middle wide open, but looks pathetic otherwise. Patrick Crayton is just slow. Most punt returners would score 6 on some of the seems he got last night.

Is it doom and gloom in Dallas today, NO. But Dallas has bad habits it must correct. Tackling, Flozell jumping offsides. playcalling at the 1, and any passion at all in the first half, and the pillsbury doughboy needs to go immediately.

Well, I agree with everything you said but Newman did and still does cover pretty well, but he can't find the ball and cover. That said,

IT's WEEK 3 People, my Lord. It is WEEK 3 and the D finally showed up. You said a lot of if's when it comes to improving so let's give it until the Philly game to pounce. K

Tell you what IF Butler can do regularly what he did last night, this D is going to get a lot better and Jason Willliams will be back also. Ware and Spence are playing ALL GAME LONG, no rotation hardly. That is why Carp is in the game. I am going to wait and see because I like what I saw the second half period. IF that continues and we can run for 200+ yards a game. We will be in it for sure! What IT is has yet to be determined.

I don't get it. Dallas played one of the leagues WORST teams and now all the cowboys fans are out talking about how dominating the defense is. PUH LEASE!!! Carolina's offense is TERRIBLE!! Yeah, they may have the same players as last season - but they're not playing like they were last year. And yes, until they give me reason not to, I do compare then to last year's Lions. They're terrible in all facets of the game right now!

I don't get it. Dallas played one of the leagues WORST teams and now all the cowboys fans are out talking about how dominating the defense is. PUH LEASE!!! Carolina's offense is TERRIBLE!! Yeah, they may have the same players as last season - but they're not playing like they were last year. And yes, until they give me reason not to, I do compare then to last year's Lions. They're terrible in all facets of the game right now!

I agree the cowboys are a BAD team right now but they are NOT last years Lions. You sir are on some goood poopy.

Dallas is 2-1 ... sounds great, looks great ... but doesn't pass the smell test.

They did not manage to beat Tampa Bay until the 4th quarter.

They did not manage to beat Carolina until the 4th quarter.

Tampa Bay and Carolina are clearly two of the worst teams in the league this year. Yeah, yeah in years past Delhomme + Williams + Smith was awesome and in years past Tampa was a contender ... but this year these teams are down right awful. Any team worth its salt should kill these teams (see what the Giants did to TB). Against TB Dallas couldn't stop the run, against the Giants Dallas couldn't stop the pass, and Carolina's offense is just down right horrible right now so they stopped themselves more than the Dallas defense ever did.

We have an offense that has a propensity to make errors against good teams and in key spots, a defense that can't stop the good teams, a head coach that has no spine and an offensive coordinator that is unproven.

Coach Doughboy was supposed to fix the defense because he is supposed to be a defensive genious. Games 1 and 2 I saw nothing that made me suspect we had an average let alone a good defense. Game 3 was against such a bad team I would not be willing to say the defense is 'fixed' although they appeared to wake up in the 2nd half.

The Cowboys are just too soft ... just like the HC.

Romo - full of talent, but has proven that he can throw bad interceptions

Felix - can't handle a full load at RB and apparently has a problem staying healthy

Roy Williams - doesn't look like a true number 1 WR, doesn't make those catches a number 1 WR is supposed to make

Flozell Adams - good in the run game, not so good at defending the pass and always good for 1 to 3 penalties a game

Dallas is 2-1 ... sounds great, looks great ... but doesn't pass the smell test.

They did not manage to beat Tampa Bay until the 4th quarter.

They did not manage to beat Carolina until the 4th quarter.

Tampa Bay and Carolina are clearly two of the worst teams in the league this year. Yeah, yeah in years past Delhomme + Williams + Smith was awesome and in years past Tampa was a contender ... but this year these teams are down right awful. Any team worth its salt should kill these teams (see what the Giants did to TB). Against TB Dallas couldn't stop the run, against the Giants Dallas couldn't stop the pass, and Carolina's offense is just down right horrible right now so they stopped themselves more than the Dallas defense ever did.

We have an offense that has a propensity to make errors against good teams and in key spots, a defense that can't stop the good teams, a head coach that has no spine and an offensive coordinator that is unproven.

Coach Doughboy was supposed to fix the defense because he is supposed to be a defensive genious. Games 1 and 2 I saw nothing that made me suspect we had an average let alone a good defense. Game 3 was against such a bad team I would not be willing to say the defense is 'fixed' although they appeared to wake up in the 2nd half.

The Cowboys are just too soft ... just like the HC.

Romo - full of talent, but has proven that he can throw bad interceptions

Felix - can't handle a full load at RB and apparently has a problem staying healthy

Roy Williams - doesn't look like a true number 1 WR, doesn't make those catches a number 1 WR is supposed to make

Flozell Adams - good in the run game, not so good at defending the pass and always good for 1 to 3 penalties a game

Flozell has stopped everyone he has faced in their tracks. Peppers, OSI, they were not even heard from. Runs are going through gapping holes on the left side. Flozell is playing Pro Bowlish, come on. I will take leg whips and false starts over protection issues and bad run bloccking any day.

Lest we forget there are 6 new starters on Defense that need to gell and play together and from what I saw they focused and did well against the pass in game one, then well against the run in game too then great against both in game 3. This is GAME 3. I think we have a lot to look forward too and say what you will about Carolina but that team behind Fox is a fighting team that will give teams problems this year. This is the NFL and that was peppers and Steve Smith out there with Williams in the backfield. They just didn't get sorry over night now. They may not be very organized right now but that was not a 0-3 sorry team like Tampa, I promise you that. We will see though. Like i said we do this every year evaluate teams after 3 weeks, lets see come week 8 who is who.............

Flozell has stopped everyone he has faced in their tracks. Peppers, OSI, they were not even heard from. Runs are going through gapping holes on the left side. Flozell is playing Pro Bowlish, come on. I will take leg whips and false starts over protection issues and bad run bloccking any day.

Lest we forget there are 6 new starters on Defense that need to gell and play together and from what I saw they focused and did well against the pass in game one, then well against the run in game too then great against both in game 3. This is GAME 3. I think we have a lot to look forward too and say what you will about Carolina but that team behind Fox is a fighting team that will give teams problems this year. This is the NFL and that was peppers and Steve Smith out there with Williams in the backfield. They just didn't get sorry over night now. They may not be very organized right now but that was not a 0-3 sorry team like Tampa, I promise you that. We will see though. Like i said we do this every year evaluate teams after 3 weeks, lets see come week 8 who is who.............

Unfortunately it is generally not enough to focus and stop one phase of the game (run or pass) unless you are playing an unbalanced team that does not have the ability to adjust to whichever phase of the game you are not focusing your efforts on. In the first two games the defense allowed the offense to move up and down the field at will ... it is irrelevant that TB didn't/couldn't throw and NYG didn't/couldn't run.

For whatever reason the Carolina Panthers are NOT the Panthers you remember from last year, Delhomme has something like 12 interceptions in his last 4 games and the worst passer rating EVER in that 4 game span (44 something or other). Some of this could be the shift in strength of schedule this year ... check out DMD's article http://www.thehuddle.com/x9/articles/dmd-schedule-swings.php. Carolina's swing in strength of schedule for running backs was the worst in the league; i.e. they went from one of the easiest to one of the hardest rushing schedules. The schedule got tougher for passing as well. So this year Carolina is having to get it done with one dimension - passing - and Delhomme is crumbling under the pressure. Past performance is not necessarily and indicator of future performance.

Dallas lost to a team, the Giants, that some consider the best team in the conference by 1 point. They were basically handed the game by Dallas (Romo and fluke play) The Giants earned the win dont get me wrong. Eli drove when it counted setting up the game winner and Dallas D folded . My point is Dallas beat Car . Looking back at this thread nobody is talking superbowl because of it. Cowboyz and I were just happy to see a promising 2nd half and a mistake free game by Romo. I am going to enjoy the win. A bounce of the ball the other way and they could have beat the Giants which tells me they hung with the best in the NFC and were certainly not overmatched.

I agree that Wade is weak. Romo is suspect in a big spot. I also feel we have one of the best running attacks in the NFL which can dictate a game. I am going to give Dallas a punchers chance to surprise people .