[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Politics of Spite

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick search finds perch to actually be in favor of socialized medicine in 2007....

:wacko: So shut up already.

I found one thread where he said of Bush's Medicare plan "I'm not sure about this, I'll have to read up on it."

Flame on, perch. I bet the "report" button was warn out after your vitriol on that one. I'm shocked it survived deletion.

:wacko:

You don't even realize that everyone sees you as Krugman does. And he's right.

Once, a long time ago, you understood that what made America great was its middle class. Along the way, you decided capitalism and the free market was more important. Whoopsie.

Can someone tell me what federal taxes have actually been increased since January this year? Not "might be" or "they said" - actually have been. Because I might have missed something.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Can someone tell me what federal taxes have actually been increased since January this year? Not "might be" or "they said" - actually have been. Because I might have missed something.

Your right the money fairy is just going to replace all the money that is being spent, taxes won't have to be raised. Honestly though you make my point here. It would be better if we actually did know how much we are going to have to pay for this spending spree, as then we could make appropriate plans, but as it is we just have to wait and see. Which means we are going to be waiting to see if if we can afford to expand our operations or not.

A quick search finds perch to actually be in favor of socialized medicine in 2007....

:wacko: So shut up already.

How did I propose that it be funded? Has anyone int he Obama administration suggested that Obamacare be funded the way I said I was in favor of? Last time I checked the 1st amendment still stands (though admittedly on shaky ground) so I'll keep saying what i damned well please.

Your right the money fairy is just going to replace all the money that is being spent, taxes won't have to be raised. Honestly though you make my point here. It would be better if we actually did know how much we are going to have to pay for this spending spree, as then we could make appropriate plans, but as it is we just have to wait and see. Which means we are going to be waiting to see if if we can afford to expand our operations or not.

So in fact there haven't been any increases then (other than smokes, maybe)? So why were you and the rest of the tea partiers screaming about Obama taxing you out of existence when he's done no such thing? As far as I know, the only income tax change Obama has posited so far for sure is allowing the Bush tax cuts to sunset - which is exactly what Bush intended, did he not?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

So in fact there haven't been any increases then (other than smokes, maybe)? So why were you and the rest of the tea partiers screaming about Obama taxing you out of existence when he's done no such thing? As far as I know, the only income tax change Obama has posited so far for sure is allowing the Bush tax cuts to sunset - which is exactly what Bush intended, did he not?

Ursa, if Obamacare is passed taxes will be increased. Taxes are going to have to be raised to pay for the "stimulus plan". Surely you aren't so delusional as to believe there will not be any increases to pay for these. The only way to pay for these with out taxing would be to print money which would end up just being another kind of tax in the form of inflation. Cap and Trade will also be a tax. Surely you haven't had so much Kool-Aide that you fail to recognize this.

BTW, I doubt that Bush really intended that his tax cut ever sunset. I think he was pretty clear about hoping to get a larger majority in congress and making them permanent. Kind of like Obama is pretty clear that he really wants single payer, he just doesn't think he can get it right now, but maybe 15 or 20 years from now.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

That's funny, I seem to remember making these "someone is going to have to pay for this spending" arguments during the Bush administration. Remind me again which of you staunch fiscal conservatives agreed with me when it was wars and tax cuts driving the defecits?

That's funny, I seem to remember making these "someone is going to have to pay for this spending" arguments during the Bush administration. Remind me again which of you staunch fiscal conservatives agreed with me when it was wars and tax cuts driving the defecits?

1. Tax cuts have historically helped pull us out of recessions, and it appeared to help pull us out of the tech bubble recession and when Reagan did it it actually increased government revenue.

2. Many of us were hoping that by starving the beast, spending would be curtailed.

3. The cost of the tax cuts are nowhere near the scale of the cost of Obama's plans.

4. There were plenty of us that ragged on Bush for spending too much, not protecting the border, not standing up to Jeb regarding drilling in coastal waters, etc... What have you disagreed with the Obamassiah on?

1. Tax cuts have historically helped pull us out of recessions, and it appeared to help pull us out of the tech bubble recession and when Reagan did it it actually increased government revenue.

2. Many of us were hoping that by starving the beast, spending would be curtailed.

3. The cost of the tax cuts are nowhere near the scale of the cost of Obama's plans.

4. There were plenty of us that ragged on Bush for spending too much, not protecting the border, not standing up to Jeb regarding drilling in coastal waters, etc... What have you disagreed with the Obamassiah on?

1. False

2. False

3. But what about the increase in spending at the same time?

4. I'll ask for the third time... link?

1. False

2. False

3. But what about the increase in spending at the same time?

4. I'll ask for the third time... link?

1. Is clearly true as the chart here proves.

2. That was being discussed even by those on the left. Many, I believe Ursa was one had a theory that this was a scheme to eventually reduce the size of government.

3. I've been on record for a long time wanting to reduce federal spending.

4. I'm not going to wast my time searching for what I've said. No doubt if you could find something to the contrary you would post it. The closet thing you've been able to find is me saying I wasn't sure about Medicare Part D when it was passed. That is a far cry from the way you have been supporting Obama. I'd also say that when my daughter wants $1 to buy something I generally don't think much about it, but when she want $100 we usually have a pretty long discussion about it, and the merits of the purchase. That is no different than what we are doing here. The scale of spending Obama has proposed dwarfs anything in our lifetime.

I think wiegie is probably bored with this process.

It's like you make an argument, get proven wrong, and abandon the thread.

Only to start the same argument again in another thread.

You wear down the people who argue against you by repeating the same misinformation over and over and over again. It's the Republican way... you'd way rather appear correct than actually be correct.

Which is great, until you end up tanking the whole world's economy, realize years later that the war WAS for totally overstated and false reasons, and all the investigations into the last Republican admininstrations illegal and unethical wrongdoings fade away. Then the waiting and complaining game starts.

I think wiegie is probably bored with this process.

It's like you make an argument, get proven wrong, and abandon the thread.

Only to start the same argument again in another thread.

You wear down the people who argue against you by repeating the same misinformation over and over and over again. It's the Republican way... you'd way rather appear correct than actually be correct.

Which is great, until you end up tanking the whole world's economy, realize years later that the war WAS for totally overstated and false reasons, and all the investigations into the last Republican admininstrations illegal and unethical wrongdoings fade away. Then the waiting and complaining game starts.

As usual you've done a fair job of attacking me, but have provided little or nothing to back your argument or to refute the information I've provided. Sadly typical.

As usual you've done a fair job of attacking me, but have provided little or nothing to back your argument or to refute the information I've provided. Sadly typical.

It's been done. Your argument has been refuted before.

I just don't have the time to match your amazingly high post output you manage despite the incredibly hard job you allegedly have in this merit-based capitalistic system.

It's been done. Your argument has been refuted before.

I just don't have the time to match your amazingly high post output you manage despite the incredibly hard job you allegedly have in this merit-based capitalistic system.

Sometimes it's nice being the boss, and you have a little extra free time. I'm only personally overseeing one job right now with another one scheduled to be ready to start in January. So I have a bunch of free time on my hands, which is good for me physically, but not all that great on my pocket book. I generally oversee three jobs myself.

I watched a fantastically fun rant from Alan Grayson D-Florida in the Senate. He chided Democrats for not ramming through the legislation they want, but then this was for the Republicans:

America understands that there is one party in this country that is favor of health care reform and one party that is against it, and they know why.

They understand that if Barack Obama were somehow able to cure hunger in the world the Republicans would blame him for overpopulation.

They understand that if Barack Obama could somehow bring about world peace they would blame him for destroying the defense industry.

In fact, they understand that if Barack Obama has a BLT sandwhich tommorrow for lunch, they will try to ban bacon.

But that's not what America wants, America wants solutions to it's problems and that begins with health care, and that's what I'm speaking for tonight.

See the whole thing

. Edited by AtomicCEO

How did I propose that it be funded? Has anyone int he Obama administration suggested that Obamacare be funded the way I said I was in favor of? Last time I checked the 1st amendment still stands (though admittedly on shaky ground) so I'll keep saying what i damned well please.

Well he won't be the first President of the 21st Century to take a red pen to the Bill of Rights. I mean, if one guy can do it, why can't another right?