[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

MojoMan

As a physician/scientist, I was always taught to revere the Nobel Laureates. Anyone in science always aspired to win that award.

Most of the great universities in the world "advertise" how many Laureates they have.

weigie, what say you about the econ laureates?

I agree with you about the Nobel Laureates in the scientific (including economics) fields.

(I will say, though, that the Peace Prize going to Obama this year is going to cause me to make sure that the ringer on my phone is not turned off when I go to bed on Sunday night.) :wacko:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are nuts.

England is no better or worse

France the populace likes us more, their President thinks Obama is a naive idiot.

North Korea, really! Like firing a missile as Obama is giving an nonproliferation speech. :wacko:

Israel doesn't like us nearly as much, with Obama wanting them to give away their land.

Poland, yes they were real happy with us removing the missile defense battery

Czechs, see Poland.

The only one of your so called fixes that might be somewhat accurate is Pakistan, and that is questionable. The rest you are just blowing a bunch of smoke out of your ass.

And there's you, never been further than 25 miles from his own small home town except for one outing to Dallas on a school field trip, professing to be some kind of expert in foreign relations.

You are nuts.

France the populace likes us more, their President thinks Obama is a naive idiot.

North Korea, really! Like firing a missile as Obama is giving an nonproliferation speech. :D

Israel doesn't like us nearly as much, with Obama wanting them to give away their land.

Czechs, see Poland.

The only one of your so called fixes that might be somewhat accurate is Pakistan, and that is questionable. The rest you are just blowing a bunch of smoke out of your ass.

I don't know if any of this is true, but how come what other countries think of our pres. is suddenly important enough to you to cause such vitriol when it didn't mean one iota to you 9 months ago? :wacko:

And there's you, never been further than 25 miles from his own small home town except for one outing to Dallas on a school field trip, professing to be some kind of expert in foreign relations.

You forget that he was a part of the million "i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it any more" man march.

Typical, you are given an argument where you can't defend you position so you attack the person. You have turned into the typical liberal. BTW I've probably traveled more than you have, I know I've travel a great deal more than the average bear. Also, I don't pretend to be an expert, but obviously you shouldn't either from your one week stay in a foreign country while on vacation.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I don't know if any of this is true, but how come what other countries think of our pres. is suddenly important enough to you to cause such vitriol when it didn't mean one iota to you 9 months ago? :wacko:

I don't care, I was just refuting the crap that Ursa threw out there that was clearly false.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009

"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/

This is for more than nuclear disarmament. Remember his historic speech in Cairo?

But the haters will hate no matter what.

In the end, however, I agree and results matter. But this prize is not about results, it's about effort to affect future change.

So I've seen people attack Obama for winning the award, and I've seen people attack those that are attacking Obama... I have yet to see any of the more liberal on this board actually stand up and support why Obama deserves this award.

I understand it is easier to attack the spin from the right and to deflecting their comments as right-wing rhetoric, but is their anyone of you with the balls enough to step up and say he deserves this because of points A, B, C, D, etc.??

What say you about the actual award, not about the people trying to denounce it?

I have yet to see any of the more liberal on this board actually stand up and support why Obama deserves this award.

I'm thinking it's apparent that no-one here thinks he deserved it.

I understand it is easier to attack the spin from the right and to deflecting their comments as right-wing rhetoric, but is their anyone of you with the balls enough to step up and say he deserves this because of points A, B, C, D, etc.??

See above

What say you about the actual award, not about the people trying to denounce it?

I'm kind of thinking if losing an Olympic bid and winning a Nobel Peace Prize gets the righties worked up in a frenzy, that's your guy's issue. :wacko:

Typical, you are given an argument where you can't defend you position so you attack the person. You have turned into the typical liberal. BTW I've probably traveled more than you have, I know I've travel a great deal more than the average bear. Also, I don't pretend to be an expert, but obviously you shouldn't either from your one week stay in a foreign country while on vacation.

I altered the post - that was my argument. I even left some of the original "nopes" in place, due to not being sure. Some of them are flat out wrong and so are you.

And travel to a gated resort in the Dominican Republic doesn't count.

I altered the post - that was my argument. I even left some of the original "nopes" in place, due to not being sure. Some of them are flat out wrong and so are you.

And travel to a gated resort in the Dominican Republic doesn't count.

I explained why you are wrong, you attack. I didn't claim my trip to the Dominican Republic as making me an expert, if you think your vacations make you an expert they you are more foolish than than your previous answer makes you appear. If you want to compare vacations and mission trips we can, and I'll probably have spent more time out of the country than you have unless you were in the military, but again it doesn't matter. Instead of implying I'm a hick that isn't as well traveled as you, why don't you address the points I made?

You are nuts.

England is no better or worse - and you know this how exactly? You have no idea of the depth of contempt for the previous administration there (note - this does NOT apply to people, just the government)

France the populace likes us more, their President thinks Obama is a naive idiot. - :D:Dat the sudden concern about what the French president thinks (and you conceded the point anyway)

North Korea, really! Like firing a missile as Obama is giving an nonproliferation speech. :wacko: - there's progress in this area - check it out.

Israel doesn't like us nearly as much, with Obama wanting them to give away their land. - like I said, they don't care who is in charge as long as the cash keeps coming

Poland, yes they were real happy with us removing the missile defense battery - agreed, which is why I left it at "nope"

Czechs, see Poland. - ditto

No smoke.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

I don't care.

You don't care about why you schizophrenically freak out about things that didn't used to matter? Maybe you should start a couple more political threads and everyone will get the point.

Edited by bushwacked

North Korea, really! Like firing a missile as Obama is giving an nonproliferation speech. rolleyes.gif

Czechs, see Poland.

You're the one talking out of you ass...and still not

fact

checking.

Give it up already.

:wacko: dan brown is a bullsh*t artist.

Politicians who win the Nobel peace prize aren't bullsh!t artists?

My point is that Dan Brown (hack, sellout to the hoi polloi, writer of non-serious literature) has a lot more influence than some obscure Romanian poet. I'm not religious but Dan Brown has caused some religious people to consider their own religious beliefs. He has also gotten a lot of people interested in history.

On the other hand, the 2009 Nobel Laureate for literature writes about how sh!tty life was under Ceausecau. No sh!t Sherlock...we all kinda knew that. Not very thought provoking. Plus hardly anyone reads her...what is her level of influence?