[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Driving in a crowded parking lot

MojoMan

Parking lot rules  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When cars are lined up and a space opens up but you've passed it

• You're SOL...move on
    • The spot that oped up behind you still belongs to you
    • Puddy

Bingo....it's quite funny that we will try to save 30 feet on a parking spot and go into a mall and walk 3 miles. Now when it's winter time...that's different.

True story...I once saw a couple guys nearly come to blows arguing over a parking spot close to the door at the gym. At the GYM! Easily one of the dumbest displays I have ever witnessed in my life and more proof that the world is chuck-full of idiots with no common sense and a ridiculous sense of entitlement... :wacko:

when we lived in new york, our neighborhood was one where a lot of times it was difficult to find a spot. when i found someone leaving a space, i would pull alongside the car in front of the person pulling out. this let the person see any cars coming behind them and made it easy for me to just back up into the space. one night, after searching for a space for about 30 minutes, i found someone pulling out and pulled in front of them. after they pulled out, there was still traffic on the street, so i waited for the cars to pass before pulling in. the last car was this minivan that went into my spot front-first. i was like, "no f'ing way," and got out to confront the woman. she said, "you were waiting there and didn't pull in, so i took it." i said, "i was waiting for traffic to pass. i had my blinker on. that's my spot." she said, "sorry, that's new york!" and rolled up her window. this was about four or five years ago and, as i type this, my blood is boiling even now.

:wacko:

I don't wait for parking spots, I keep driving until I see an unoccupied one and then park. It is pretty uneventful.

This is a small lot with maybe 40 spots in a busy urban area. There were no other spots in the lot. I was on my second circuit (pull in, go through, leave the lot, go around the block (no street parking), try again).

Parking lot pet peeve - someone comes out of wherever, and you see them walking to their car..."great" you think, "I'll click on the blinker and wait a few minutes, and I've got a spot!"

Of course, said person puts stuff in back of car, has conversation with person walking past, gets in car, smokes a cigarette or two, calls some people on the phone, turn on the car, digs through her purse, opens a soda, puts on the seat belt, finds a good song on the radio, answers the phone, sends a text to let the family know she's on the way home, throws in reverse, looks around, and backs out sl-o-o-o-w-ly. Agree

Which is fine if it isn't a jam-packed lot. I'm one of the "f*ck it, it's crowded, I'm taking the first available spot" crew. But when you're somewhere that parking is at an absolute premium, it is a teeth-grinding experience.

Ever since I got the Vette I tend to park as far away from the door, people, other cars, as I can. F it, my fat ass can use the walk.

when we lived in new york, our neighborhood was one where a lot of times it was difficult to find a spot. when i found someone leaving a space, i would pull alongside the car in front of the person pulling out. this let the person see any cars coming behind them and made it easy for me to just back up into the space. one night, after searching for a space for about 30 minutes, i found someone pulling out and pulled in front of them. after they pulled out, there was still traffic on the street, so i waited for the cars to pass before pulling in. the last car was this minivan that went into my spot front-first. i was like, "no f'ing way," and got out to confront the woman. she said, "you were waiting there and didn't pull in, so i took it." i said, "i was waiting for traffic to pass. i had my blinker on. that's my spot." she said, "sorry, that's new york!" and rolled up her window. this was about four or five years ago and, as i type this, my blood is boiling even now.

You should have yelled "draw down" and shot her.

That too is . . "New York" . . . . :wacko:

How about this scenario: you are waiting patiently for a spot to open up. A nice lady is walking to her car, puts her groceries in her car, gets in, backs out. You go to pull in, only to realize that the @#$!! left her shopping cart in the spot, preventing you from pulling in without hitting it. People can be the laziest pieces of $#@! sometimes. When I get to be about 70 and am retired, I'm going to get a job at a large chain store as a parking lot policeman. I'll just be the "cranky old guy" yelling at folks to bring their carts back. Best believe I'll throw down, too!

This never happens to me. I don't believe in parking with other neanderthals of society so park as far away as possible and use it as an excuse to get some walking in for the day.

The other parking lot people that tick me off are the ones that drive across the parking lot instead of using the lanes. I don't know how many near accidents I've seen because you don't expect some idjut to come flying between the cars to get halfway across the lot. They must know that the cops don't show up to private parking lot accidents so decide to be morans. I wouldn't shoot these people, but will steal their shoes off their feet so they can't get in the stores.

Someone did that to me a year or so back, grinned at me and walked away as me and the people backed up behind me tried to reverse up. I snapped his driver side mirror off.

Yeah, I'd be tempted to dig a key hole so deep in the side of their car that you could bury Whomper in it.

George Chen-stenza?