[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Las Vegas steak houses

Clubfoothead

I haven't been out for a good steak in over a decade. I get reimbursed for the whole dinner as long as I don't lose the receipt. The wife will probably want seafood. I'm thinking medium rare steak or prime rib.

Delmonico, Ruth's Chris. Lawry's for prime rib? Suggestions please. I'm not wearing a jacket and tie but I could cram myself into some khakis and a collared shirt if I have to.

Thanks.

I went to this place in August. Fantastic steak and great desserts. Really good service as well.

+1

Was there in April for a bachelor party dinner... Service and food were both excellent. We showed up on short notice (group of about twelve), on a Saturday night, and they were VERY accommodating. Somewhat spendy, but worth it, IMO. Our waiter even brought us a bottle of very good tequila, on the house, while we waited for our food. :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

+1

Was there in April for a bachelor party dinner... Service and food were both excellent. We showed up on short notice (group of about twelve), on a Saturday night, and they were VERY accommodating. Somewhat spendy, but worth it, IMO. Our waiter even brought us a bottle of very good tequila, on the house, while we waited for our food. :wacko:

I came in to recommend CraftSteak as well.

I've been to Gallagher's in New York New York...one of the best steaks I've ever had. Better than the one I had at Sea Blue in MGM during our Huddle dinner. Oh, and the company sucked at Sea Blue too. :wacko:

i don't go to steak houses. they are just not very original to me. last friday in vegas a friend (ATAM) and i went to smith & wollensky and they did a wonderfull job. very happy with the meal, wine and service. still hard for me to justify going.

I know it's been discussed here in the past as well, The Range Steakhouse in Harrah's is very good without requiring a jacket or anything like that. Excellent food, service and atmosphere.

+1 bazzilion

I don't know of any restaurant that requires a jacket. Business casual is about it. (Collared shirt/slacks/shoes/etc)

For prime rib Lawry's is the best. They carve it in front of you and their creamed spinach is the best I have ever had.

I know it's been discussed here in the past as well, The Range Steakhouse in Harrah's is very good without requiring a jacket or anything like that. Excellent food, service and atmosphere.

Yup and as I mentioned when this came up last time (a few months back at least), the hostess was one of the very hottest chicks in a short skirt that I've seen. Yummy.

Place has got some great food and great scenery overlooking the strip.

Thanks for the tips. My wife forgot to pack my khakis and a collared shirt. So I had my two suits for the conference and jeans, tshirts and shorts.

I essentially did not have business casual because I always get food on me. We ended up at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab in the Forums at Cesar's Palace because when I called and asked the dress codes they were the onlyones that said casual. I said business casual or casual casual. They said wear whatever you want.

Like I said, we hadn't been to anything nicer than a Friday's for around 10 years. My theory is that any place you are going to drop $150.00 on dinner for two is going to be great - it better be or it's going to be difficult to pry the $150.00 from my hands.

Joes's was great. Wife got the Alaskan King Crab legs. They were really good and they crack them and split the legs table side which was a nice touch since my wife makes me do that part before I get to dig in. I got the 16oz bone-in fillet mignon. I'm an A-1 guy but like most people, if I'm paying $45 bucks for a steak, I better be able to eat that without adding anything. It weas one of the best steaks I've ever had. They had this loaded hash brown baked potatoe type thing that was outstanding. The peanut butter pie for desert was delicious. One piece was more than the two of us could eat. I drank my ususal Coke and the wife had two Belvedere sours. $147.00 plus tip. Our waitress was an older lady (I'm 38 she wasn't too much older than me) and they all wear tux like outfits so who knows what her body was like but more importantly the service was great. Everyone else was in business casual, me jeans and a t-shirt and a Cowboys baseball cap, which the staff seemed to love. But if you have to be a sheep, wear business casual.

Everyone I know said to go to Lawry's for prime rib but the cab money was reserved for the vow renewal at the Graceland chapel. The Elvis there is really great.

We will probably try to get to Vegas more often, for some reason my fear of flying that developed when I quit drinking feels like it just disappeared. I'll think my doctor who gave me a week's supply of Xanax for that. Took 2 before the flight there, only needed a 1/2 of one for the flight back.

All in all a great trip. My wife picked me up my new most favorite t-shirt. It says "Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes".

:wacko:

Thanks for the tips. My wife forgot to pack my khakis and a collared shirt. So I had my two suits for the conference and jeans, tshirts and shorts.

I essentially did not have business casual because I always get food on me. We ended up at Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab in the Forums at Cesar's Palace because when I called and asked the dress codes they were the onlyones that said casual. I said business casual or casual casual. They said wear whatever you want.

Like I said, we hadn't been to anything nicer than a Friday's for around 10 years. My theory is that any place you are going to drop $150.00 on dinner for two is going to be great - it better be or it's going to be difficult to pry the $150.00 from my hands.

Joes's was great. Wife got the Alaskan King Crab legs. They were really good and they crack them and split the legs table side which was a nice touch since my wife makes me do that part before I get to dig in. I got the 16oz bone-in fillet mignon. I'm an A-1 guy but like most people, if I'm paying $45 bucks for a steak, I better be able to eat that without adding anything. It weas one of the best steaks I've ever had. They had this loaded hash brown baked potatoe type thing that was outstanding. The peanut butter pie for desert was delicious. One piece was more than the two of us could eat. I drank my ususal Coke and the wife had two Belvedere sours. $147.00 plus tip. Our waitress was an older lady (I'm 38 she wasn't too much older than me) and they all wear tux like outfits so who knows what her body was like but more importantly the service was great. Everyone else was in business casual, me jeans and a t-shirt and a Cowboys baseball cap, which the staff seemed to love. But if you have to be a sheep, wear business casual.

Everyone I know said to go to Lawry's for prime rib but the cab money was reserved for the vow renewal at the Graceland chapel. The Elvis there is really great.

We will probably try to get to Vegas more often, for some reason my fear of flying that developed when I quit drinking feels like it just disappeared. I'll think my doctor who gave me a week's supply of Xanax for that. Took 2 before the flight there, only needed a 1/2 of one for the flight back.

All in all a great trip. My wife picked me up my new most favorite t-shirt. It says "Please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyes".

:D

I didn't realize Joes Seafood and Stone Crab was a franchise, we have one here in Chicago and I'm a fan - after Gibson's then Fogo De Chao, it might be my next favorite place for steak. Actually, after reading this thread, I might go there tonight, haven't been in awhile and Gibson's is booked. Thanks for the suggestive thread :wacko:

+1 bazzilion

I don't know of any restaurant that requires a jacket. Business casual is about it. (Collared shirt/slacks/shoes/etc)

For prime rib Lawry's is the best. They carve it in front of you and their creamed spinach is the best I have ever had.

+1 the Range is good...Binions on top of the Horseshoe is an old downtown version of the Range and has the biggest and best prime rib in town "Benny's Special"...it is really huge and their lobster tails are good for the wife. Damm I miss Vegas