[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is Starting LT on Monday Night?

splotchman

Have to start him on one WCOFF team (I'm 1-4 with this team) due to bye week issues. Another team (where I am 4-1) I am not sure about starting him (WCOFF team). I currently have SJax, Hightower and M. Lynch penciled in over LT...would really like to play LT but not sure he can outscore any of these 3 other RB's (even SJax who isn't lighting the world on fire).

KO'd

I dropped LT last week just because I did not have room for him and needed a second back in my lineup (bye week problem). I have Gore on IR right now, and C. Benson, P. Thomas and T. Hightower on my active roster. I will have to drop one of those three next week when Gore comes off IR (under our league rules).

If I can get LT off waivers this week, I'll drop Hightower and give LT one more chance to make my lineup (we keep 3 and play 2 backs). If I don't get him, I won't worry a ton. If I do and he produces against the Broncos, I'll have a dilemma as to which guy to drop when Gore gets back.

LT is a big disappointment last year and this year.

In my most important league (yet ironically the smallest buy in of all my leagues at only $75)

In my dyansty league I stand at just 2-3 with all 3 losses in heartbreaking fashion by 1, 3 and 5 pts I play a divison rival and must win.

I will be most likely benching Slaton and S-Jackson to start P-Thomas and LT

I will have my entire season on the line come Monday night

as I will have Rivers, LT, V-Jackson, B-Marshall and Prater going for me.

I would be lying if I didn't say I wasn't at least a little worried about LT but the fact that Slaton is getting pulled at the goal line and S-Jackson has not scored all year and this is a TD heavy league I have to roll the dice.

I also hate sitting Monday night players since you will be watching the game and if they score the knife cuts that much deeper. If you don't start someone on Sunday usually your not watching them put up a big day so it doesn't hurt as bad.

I'm starting him. I sat him for Sproles the last game because I wanted to see how he looked before plugging him in.

I was happy with what I saw and have no issues putting him in this week.

Denver's defense is good but if Sammy Morris can run for 70 yds on them I think LT should be fine.

Of course it helps that my other RB's are on bye but I I'd be starting him regardless.

I'm thinking about it. But I also have Grant vs Detroit and Mendenhall vs Cleveland. Assuming Mendenhall plays those look pretty good this week.

I see I'm not the only one with LT and Calvin Johnson. Gonna be tough to salvage this season anyway, have only managed one win so far.

I think the demise of LT is overstated. I still think he has some good production in him for the remainder of this season. Keep in mind that after SD plays Denver Monday night that SD will have played four games (out of 5) against a top 6 run D. LT's schedule looks better going forward. He was drafted as a top 10 back. I still think he will put up top 15 numbers going forward. He will be solid but not vintage LT. No doubt, he is an injury risk due to his age and mileage but if he is able to stay healthy, I think he produces solid numbers. Let's stop this non-sense about LT's career being over.

Encouraging statistic from Berry's Love/Hate article on ESPN:

LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Chargers: Has a touchdown in six straight "Monday Night Football" games.

Also came across this tidbit

In his past nine games versus the Broncos, LT2 has 17 total touchdowns and four 100-yard rushing efforts

I know its more "what have you done for me lately" but us LT owners need all the hope we can get.

Edited by myhousekey

I will be absolutely shocked if LT does anything against the Bronco's this week. I know he has a history of doing well against them, but he has a history of doing well against most teams. He's not the same player he was and this Denver D is not the same D either. I haven't seen a D like Denver's in probably more than 10 years. They are so much better it's rediculous. Heck, I'd be surprised if he had more than 50 yds.

+1 Exactly.

In the league that matters to me, Barber is on a bye, and I have the luxury to sit LT, and let Portis and S-Jax put up the points.

Here's hoping Lady Hawke and her candy corn (or something to that effect) uniforms make the Broncos play like back in the day. (1998 for you old folks).

Bumble Bee it was...sorry....potatoe...turnip.....what ever..... :wacko:

Edited by Turf Smurf

I drafted LT in the first round, and anyone else who has him- also drafted him early. Therefore, if LT is LT, this is going to be his time to show it. If you believed in him then, believe in him now after his bye week and on monday night against the number 1 divisional broncos- LT is going to let everyone know to not count him out yet. Aside from the first game where all backs are rusty to an extent, LT has not had his coming out yet and if he doesnt do it this week, then yes- sit him in the future. But start him this week, unless you got 2 top ten backs like a benson or a r. rice that you got good value for. Sproles is 5'6, do you really think he can be a featured back?......come on! Ask ray lewis that question. He is good, but another back is always going to be in front of him. He can only take so many licks.

Which is who I will be starting while my favorite RB LT rides the pine one more week. I spent my first round pick on LT (#2 overall!) but he has broken my trust. Nobody is rooting harder for him than me that he puts on a monster nite. Because I will then trade him to someone who can truly appreciate him.

Call me a hater, but I am still not convinced the Donks are as good as their record shows. Sans miracle here, lucky bounce there and they are 3-2. We have seen that team start hot and watch a melt-down, especially on the D side of the ball.

That said, as much of an LT nob-slobber as I have been, I think the next three weeks is the make or break period that will let us know if he still has it or is finally on the downhill ride. I am hopeful that he still has a season or two left and he did come into camp "re-made" physically. For any athlete to tear it all down and build it all back up is an indication that the interest and passion are still there.

LT has never been "showboat", so trying to gauge what is going through his mind while watchin him on the sideline is hard. He has always been the "quiet" leader type, letting what he does speak for him.

I will start him because I enjoy rooting for him and like the young man. I am at a different point in my FF perspective and finally have learned how to really have fun doing this again. I also think that he is ready to go.

They have upgraded the RG and the only one missing is Hardwick (hard to replace) but the back-up has done a solid job. I think the Broncos can be moved around on the line and I did see LTs jump cuts it Oakland on opening night and a couple times at Pitt which he didn't show much of last year.

Remember, his ankle didn't roll opening day, it got rolled on... a big difference! If he was getting frail with age, then rolling an ankle on a cut is a sign to hang 'em up. Getting dinged on a tackle is just what happens in football, I have about 5-6 scars to prove that.

I see LT having about a 100-120 combined and a score. Monday night, in SD? If he and the running game don't pick it up...

As a last thought, I think the crappy D the Chargers have been playing is as big a factor as to how Turner has been calling plays as to how often LT (or any SD RB) is ultimately given the rock. This is where injuries have REALLY hurt the team. The offense has shown itself to be VERY capable of moving the ball and scoring, even against great Ds, they just don't stop anyone and injuries are a big part of that.

Edited by McBoog

I drafted him with my first pick but he will ride the pine this week. He's gonna remain there until he shows me something. I'd rather roll this dice this week with a PT or Edwards type.

I don't think there are too many first round picks out there this year that anyone has a ton of confidence in anyway - a lot are underperforming...

I think the next three weeks is the make or break period that will let us know if he still has it or is finally on the downhill ride. I am hopeful that he still has a season or two left and he did come into camp "re-made" physically.

Actually......after this week the rushing defenses get a whole lot easier for LT.

If he can just get through this game unhurt........ :wacko:

If you're not starting LT, it's because you have a better option against a tough defense. Last week's performance was not inspiring. However, I don't have a better option, and I'm starting LT with confidence. I traded for LT and drafted him in another league cause I believe he still has it. Even if he is just adequate against a tough Denver D, I'll be fine. It's not reasonable to think he will produce sick numbers against a solid D. But I think LT will have his burst back and upside from here on out is good. I'm still a believer.

LT will be in my lineup.

If Tootie is doing it, you all better do it. His instincts are aces!

Sproles will have better numbers. The only chance SD has to revive their season is by getting Sproles the ball more than they give LT the ball.

Glad I started LT instead of Sproles as I'll take 13 points over 1.4 any day. I actually won in the Huddle Ladder by 3 points because I started LT instead of Sproles. We do agree on one thing though, my instincts were ACES! :wacko:

I will say though that Sproles is more explosive and LT does look slow and really the best move in his arsenal is his jump-cut. LT also looked pretty bad on blitz pickups, whereas, Sproles did a better job. However, in fantasy football, that stuff doesn't matter and LT outscored Sproles. :D

Edited by irish