[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Piggybacking on the movies you can't stop watching thread

Big Country

Okay, I know that kind of thread has been done a few times, and it just confirms that I am normal in that i can watch movies over and over and still get enjoyment from them, be it a Shawshank redemption type, one of the Bourne Movies, the Band of Brothers series, etc.

Now, my wife does not understand how I can watch the same movie over and over.

So, is deriving great enjoyment from a movie, even though I've seen it countless times before just a guy thing, or is my wife a wee bit cuckoo?

you are not nuts

I have seen shawshank about 9 times and can watch it again tonight

I think there are certain movies and or things in movies that captures our attention that we just enjoy seeing over and over again

I am the same with the Perfect Storm and all the Rocky movies

My wife understood completely. We pretty much liked the same movies and ended up buying a bunch that we would watch over and over.

Of course she loved the Big Sleep more than any movie since we would watch it on Saturday and she would sleep through it. LOL

you are not nuts

I have seen shawshank about 9 times and can watch it again tonight

I think there are certain movies and or things in movies that captures our attention that we just enjoy seeing over and over again

I am the same with the Perfect Storm and all the Rocky movies

only 9 times? :wacko:

i like to watch a good movie again because i often miss subtle things the first time around. knowing where it is going helps when watching it again to see how things develop and how "little" things earlier in the movie mean more than you thought, a la the sixth sense. for other flicks, it's just fun to evoke the emotions again, like listening to your favorite music. heston telling the apes to get their filthy paws off of him and them recognizing that a hairless being can speak is a trip over and over again.

and then there are the flicks that just give the home theater a good workout. the shoot -em up scene in the matrix or the desert combat scene in transformers are some of the ones that i play to blow the walls out ...

I am more likely to watch a movie again and again only if it comes on tv. I own Caddyshack but rarely put the disk in to watch it, but if it is on tv when I am flipping through the channels, then it is staying on until the end. Don't know if it is because I am too lazy to get up and put the disk in the dvd player or if it's because it feels like I won something when I find it just surfing the channels.

I am more likely to watch a movie again and again only if it comes on tv. I own Caddyshack but rarely put the disk in to watch it, but if it is on tv when I am flipping through the channels, then it is staying on until the end. Don't know if it is because I am too lazy to get up and put the disk in the dvd player or if it's because it feels like I won something when I find it just surfing the channels.

:wacko: I do the same thing and it's actually pretty lame. Enduring all those commercials and getting an edited movie rather than just being reminded that you want to see that flick and dropping it in.

i'm with you. popping in the dvd is like a long term commitment. catching it while flipping is like a one night stand ... :wacko:

I agree for men these things are there, but what about for the wives/gfs/women in general. My wife for instance is not really into watching movies over and over again.. she has a select few that she will, like Steel Magnolias, but in general, doesn't.

My wife will watch maybe two or three movies multiple times but in general if she sees it once, she's done however much she likes it. I'm with you though, as I said in the other thread.

BTW, Apocalypse Now should be added to that list.

i'm with you. popping in the dvd is like a long term commitment. catching it while flipping is like a one night stand ... :wacko:

There's that factor for sure.

I also like the ability to continue to channel surf while knowing my old stand-by is waiting for my on TBS. The commericals are almost a welcome break....I know I have 3 minutes to check out the scores scrolling on ESPN, a couple minutes of M*A*S*H, the weather for tomorrow, and if I am lucky, a classic Seinfeld...then back to my feature presentation.

The best is when you get two of your "must-see" favorties on different channels....nothing like watching 2 of them at the same time. Nothing infuriates the wife more than this....she usually retires upstairs when i start my remote-control antics.

There's that factor for sure.

I also like the ability to continue to channel surf while knowing my old stand-by is waiting for my on TBS. The commericals are almost a welcome break....I know I have 3 minutes to check out the scores scrolling on ESPN, a couple minutes of M*A*S*H, the weather for tomorrow, and if I am lucky, a classic Seinfeld...then back to my feature presentation.

The best is when you get two of your "must-see" favorties on different channels....nothing like watching 2 of them at the same time. Nothing infuriates the wife more than this....she usually retires upstairs when i start my remote-control antics.

I do the same, and my wife hates this as well.

She also hates that I am a lot better at fast forwarding through commercials on shows we have DVRed and starting back to play at just the right time.. she usually goes into the show and has to rewind a bit.

Right - it's not a guy thing, just diff movies.

What I hate is how a lot of her over n over movies are lonnnnnnng........Gone w/the Wind, Sound of Music......I swear they seem to never end

At least there are no Kevin Costner movies in there.... those suckers last for days.

I am guilty of sitting through the same movie much more than my wife is. My wife is actually a big fan of the old horror films like the original Halloween and Friday the 13th. Those are the types of movies she can watch like I would watch a Goodfellas/Godfather/Shawshawnk/Barvheart type

At least there are no Kevin Costner movies in there.... those suckers last for days.

lol - she hates Dances w/Wolves. We both liked Field of Dreams, but not to the point of wanting to watch it 100 times (and I don't think it's long).

I don't usually rewatch movies a lot, but my wife does give me a hard time about Mythbusters or Stargate reruns. She gets tired of them and always asks why I watch them again because I've already seem them all multiple times. I ask her why she watches Twilight once a week and that's usually enough to get her to leave me alone.

My wife likes watching movies she enjoys multiple times.

To my dismay every time "Pride and Prejudice" is on Oxygen or lifetime . . . . . .

I can relate to that. However, it depends on the version. I can watch the UK made for TV version because Elizabeth Ehle plays the lead Bennett girl. Major cans on that one. But if its that flat-chested Keira Knightly, no F'n way.

I don't usually rewatch movies a lot, but my wife does give me a hard time about Mythbusters or Stargate reruns. She gets tired of them and always asks why I watch them again because I've already seem them all multiple times. I ask her why she watches Twilight once a week and that's usually enough to get her to leave me alone.

Maybe it gets her in the mood to "rub one out" :wacko: