[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Toke up!

matt770

:wacko:

WASHINGTON - Pot-smoking patients or their sanctioned suppliers should not be targeted for federal prosecution in states that allow medical Josh Gordon, prosecutors were told Monday in a new policy memo issued by the Justice Department.

Under the policy spelled out in a three-page legal memo, federal prosecutors are being told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical Josh Gordon in strict compliance with state law.

I no longer partake, but I think this is great news. I hope legalizing (and taxing it and regulating like alcohol) are next. The "gateway drug" propaganda has been shown to be a myth and it was much easier to get a bag of Josh Gordon than a six pack of beer when I was in high school.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decriminalize, moderately tax, and regulate it.

And, yes, I'm a registered Republican saying this.

Why moderately when they tax the hell out of cigarettes & booze? :wacko: Not saying that any of them should be overtaxed, but if you're going to do it then it should be done on par with similar products.

Yes yes yes

California's economy is doing so well and this is just what this great country needs.

smoke up Johnny.

CA isn't taxing pot currently. If it was fully legalized and taxed, we're talking billions in new revenue.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

And if anyone thinks this rather dramatic policy change would have happened under a Hillary Clinton or McCain administration is fooling themselves. Another sign of how our federal policies are getting back on track.

we could increase the economy by legalizing and taxing under govt control. Pay all those tobacco farmers who are losing their farms to grow hemp, tax it appropiately and sell it out of goverment stores and watch the cash flow in.

Maybe, but I have a feeling you'd have to have razor wire fences with guard towers surrounding the fields. :wacko:

it give the border control cops something to do since they don't guard our border.

we could increase the economy by legalizing and taxing under govt control. Pay all those tobacco farmers who are losing their farms to grow hemp, tax it appropiately and sell it out of goverment stores and watch the cash flow in.

Well, they have Howie Long trying to sell us Government Motors trucks already, so why not?. Maybe we can consult Hugo Chavez to see what else the 'man' can nationalize and sell us? Besides, if the government sold it, and not "Big Reefer", the ABA would have a fit. They would lose billions potentially in tort settlements! :wacko:

Decriminalize and regulate, yes. Government stores, nope. You'd have far better variety (in all kinds of ways) if it were sold on the free market. Can you imagine going to a government store to get your beer and liquor? Talk about a bootlegger's dream!

Decriminalize and regulate, yes. Government stores, nope. You'd have far better variety (in all kinds of ways) if it were sold on the free market. Can you imagine going to a government store to get your beer and liquor? Talk about a bootlegger's dream!

Don't necessarily buy that. In WA state you can only buy bottled hard liquor in govt run stores. Not only is the selection and variety generally impressive, I can almost assure you the state isn't a bootleggers paradise because of it.

Don't necessarily buy that. In WA state you can only buy bottled hard liquor in govt run stores. Not only is the selection and variety generally impressive, I can almost assure you the state isn't a bootleggers paradise because of it.

Are they open on Sundays?

We have the same system in NH. And yes, they're open on Sundays. You can get beer and wine at the grocery store, but the rest is at state liquor stores.