[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the 'best' running back in the league?

rai

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that before too long coaches can convince Peterson to take an occasional break on plays and START going out of bounds, or at least not to seek such ferocious collisions with people on every play. I can't imagine he will have a very long career, if he continues this style of play, but I don't see him stopping it.

This is soo true..........AP will NOT last taking the punishment that he seeks on every play, I think this is what makes SJAX smarter, he will outlast AP in this league.

Julius Jones.... :wacko:

Alright, I'm kidding. But on a serious note I'm always the guy who goes against what everyone else is saying. While I want to say "anyone but Peterson" I have a hard time finding somebody who plays football the way that man does. After watching highlights of him grabbing and throwing dudes out of his way while he runs, it's clear to me that this guy is the best RB I've seen in a long damn time.

:D

Maybe thread should have ben "Who is the 'best' running back in the league? (after AP)'

If you're talking pure raw talent as a runner, it is 100% AP.

Other than AP, I think MJD is pretty high up on my list as best all around talent for a back.

MBIII deserves some credit as toughest or most aggressive. That guy runs mean.

I'm hoping that before too long coaches can convince Peterson to take an occasional break on plays and START going out of bounds, or at least not to seek such ferocious collisions with people on every play. I can't imagine he will have a very long career, if he continues this style of play, but I don't see him stopping it.

This has to especially resonate with Viking fans who watched Robert Smith blow out his knees TWICE trying to cut upfield at the sideline.

This has to especially resonate with Viking fans who watched Robert Smith blow out his knees TWICE trying to cut upfield at the sideline.

It definitely does. Robert Smith was a very good back, incredible acceleration, gone much too soon.

*ahem*

Anyone see Purple Jesus flatten his own lineman on one of those carries down near the goalline? Poor guy had the audacity to pull in front of him.

I could here someone from the press box yell, "Get out of the way" on the coverage of that play. They were enjoying that play.

Edited by MikesVikes

I would take Steven Jackson over any running back. Peterson and Sjax both the best in my book. But Sjax pas catching wins it for me.

It would if he could stay healthy.

It's Peterson but largely by default; we're in a sort of flux where very few great new RBs are emerging and the old guard (LT etc) have faded. And yes if he and Jackson switched teams, people would be saying Jackson. None of this to take away from Peterson who is great though.

It would if he could stay healthy.

It's Peterson but largely by default; we're in a sort of flux where very few great new RBs are emerging and the old guard (LT etc) have faded. And yes if he and Jackson switched teams, people would be saying Jackson. None of this to take away from Peterson who is great though.

Regardless of the team he's on, Jackson still has a tendency to run soft. Two glaring examples again this past week. Peterson wasted that DB and Jackson in the same situation tries to dance around like Barry Sanders and gets tackled on first contact by a lone DB in the open field. Happens all the time.

AP's great but if you put S-Jax on that team their close. I believe Jackson has more all purpose yards and their tied for rushing yards. AP has more TD's,but on the rams all you have to worry about is S-Jax. I personally think C.Johnson is the most explosive. I can't believe somebody in this thread put Moreno in the debate.

I've always said SJax is a great back, and that if he worked on a few areas he could be an all-time great. Yesterday, he looked like an all-time great. He was fast, tough, smart and relentless. If he played every game like the one he played yesterday (admittedly against the Lions) he would truly be right there with Peterson.

I don't want to think about how that game would have gone if the Lions had ANYONE in that lineup who could freakin' catch, but it was fun watching Jackson pick this team up and single-handedly carry them to the win. Now a bye week and then New Orleans. Back to reality.