[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the 'best' running back in the league?

rai

in your guys opinion who is the best 'talent' for a RB in the league?

I mean who would be the best RB if given the best situation? (and if he could stay healthy)

For example AP is great in a fairly non-RBBC role with a solid running team, but if he was in Detroit or Cleveland likely he would not be the top fantasy RB (I don't think).

If you want you can say who you think is the best pure running RB, who is the best recieving RB and who is the best over-all rb.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in your guys opinion who is the best 'talent' for a RB in the league?

I mean who would be the best RB if given the best situation? (and if he could stay healthy)

For example AP is great in a fairly non-RBBC role with a solid running team, but if he was in Detroit or Cleveland likely he would not be the top fantasy RB (I don't think).

If you want you can say who you think is the best pure running RB, who is the best recieving RB and who is the best over-all rb.

Why wouldn't he? His rookie year, he had an average line facing 8-9 in the box and he almost had the rushing title.

Just a comparison

Jackson

75 games or 5 years, 6 games

5792, 4.3 ypc, 77 ypg, 37 tds, 37 runs of 20+ yds, 11 runs of 40+ yds

Peterson

36 games or 2 years, 6 games

3719 yds, 5.2 ypc, 103 ypg, 29 tds, 37 runs of 20+ yds, 11 runs of 40+ yds

Just a comparison

Jackson

Peterson

Well, to be fair, if we're talking "complete" RB, you've got to take the fact that SJax is a terrific pass receiver into it.

Still, I'd vote for Peterson all day. (see what I did there?)

Jackson is no slouch either.

AP--best pure RB we've seen in a decade. Sick talent.

It's too bad Ronnie Brown tore up his knee in 2007, he was something else to watch. As it stands he is close to Sjax in terms of power, pass-catching, etc. The fact that he is a lefty in the wildcat is almost unfair around the goalline area. Wish he couldda finished that 2007 season...

Well, to be fair, if we're talking "complete" RB, you've got to take the fact that SJax is a terrific pass receiver into it.

Still, I'd vote for Peterson all day. (see what I did there?)

Jackson is no slouch either.

Those are just rushing yards. Jackson has one up on him. I was just looking at the number of big runs.

Yeah - I like him...he is on my keeper league and he is still pretty young and should be able to play another 4-5 years.

There is a reason A.P. is not in a RBBC situation. It's because he is a once in a decade type talent. Taylor is a terrific running back, and would start for many teams. There is not one running back in the league - that can combine his ferociousness, drive, cut-back skills, speed, and intensity. He would immediately eliminate the RBBC situation on any team he went to.

Peterson is the best I've seen for a long time. I don't think he'll stay healthy for very long, though, unless he decides to stop making every run seem like the last run of his life. I would assume his descent in the future to be fairly dramatic, despite his physical abilities.

Just a comparison

Jackson

Peterson

Hard to use that for a comparison the way the original post is written ,, 1st. you would have to throw out a 3rd. of the games you have for Sjax because he said best situation and healthy. If I was to start a team today I would hands down take AP over Sjax because I know how good he is. With Sjax we just have to guess as to how good he is, We never seen him healthy and playing in a favorable situation.

Peterson is the premier RB but if I had to consider someone else I think it would be Deangelo Williams. His numbers are impressive considering he's splitting carries with another back. I could only imagine what his numbers would be if he was the feature RB for CAR.

2006 - 501yds, 4.1 avg, 38.54 yds/g, 1 td, 33 rec, 313 rec/yds, 1 td (backup to Foster)

2007 - 717yds, 5.0 avg, 22.81 yds/g, 4 td, 23 rec, 175 rec/yds, 1 td (backup to Foster)

2008 - 1,515yds, 5.5 avg, 94.69 yds/g, 18 td, 22 rec, 121rec/yds, 2 td (starter - splitting carries with Stewart) Finished #1 top RB

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total - 2,733yds, 5.1 avg, 52.01 yds/g, 23 td, 78 rec, 609 rec/yds, 4 td

Edited by CityOfChampions

AP is a special talent for sure but I just don't see him the best overall RB. He doesn't break tackles all that well and he's not a threat on check downs. I think if you put him in the Cleveland offence, he would be looking just like Forte and there would be threads of "AP SUX" like there is of Forte.

I think by far, AP is the best in a single catagory and that's finding the gap and his explosive speed. I think CJ probably is the best OVER ALL RB in the league.