[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry David goes too far on "Curb"

BeeR

:D

Larry David Blasted for 'Curb' Episode Where He Urinates on Jesus Painting - FOXNews.com

I think I can predict most of the responses in this low-brow "anything goes" day and age, to say nothing of those evil ol Christians being such a favorite target. Funny, I don't see him doing something like this to a picture of Moses (David is Jewish), or Muhammed. No, attacking Muslims is practically a felony nowdays....but Christian bashing is all the rage. Well hey, they ask for it, considering how they all walk around ringing doorbells and hitting people over the head with Bibles and all. :wacko:

PS - I'm no Fundamentalist and hardly a prude - in fact I like his show - but even for him this is classless, thoughtless, and just plain lame IMO.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry David Blasted for 'Curb' Episode Where He Urinates on Jesus Painting - FOXNews.com

I think I can predict most of the responses in this low-brow "anything goes" day and age, to say nothing of those evil ol Christians being such a favorite target. Funny, I don't see him doing something like this to a picture of Moses (David is Jewish), or Muhammed. No, attacking Muslims is practically a felony nowdays....but Christian bashing is all the rage. Well hey, they ask for it, considering how they all walk around ringing doorbells and hitting people over the head with Bibles and all. :wacko:

PS - I'm no Fundamentalist and hardly a prude - in fact I like his show - but even for him this is classless, thoughtless, and just plain lame IMO.

Augh...missed this episode but I must have it DVR'd. That show has had me doubled over laughing on many a night, other times, meh. The one this season where he interrupts a little girl doing a recital or whatever was painfully bad. This sounds like one of those.

Reminds me of South Park -- piss your pants laughing, or cringe.

Well then, you are wrong.

all good you Gator honk, a bunch of friends and I just happened to be talking about how funny Curb is this year, and your post just caught me a bit by surprise, I always thought of you as a guy who was dialed into sharp, well-written humor - I guess I am wrong.

all good you Gator honk, a bunch of friends and I just happened to be talking about how funny Curb is this year, and your post just caught me a bit by surprise, I always thought of you as a guy who was dialed into sharp, well-written humor - I guess I am wrong.

Go Gators!

Perhaps, although the Pope is really only a Catholic icon, whereas Jesus Christ is an icon of many religions.

Poor taste, if you ask me. :wacko:

lighten up Francis, wow, are you guys serious with this?

everything is fair game for Larry David, the handicapped, Jewish, black, fat mid-riffs- it is a freaking comedy.

Larry David pissed off the almighty Catholic League, who is firmly planted in reality- well done.

gimme a break

Poor taste, if you ask me. :wacko:

I gave a Dirty Sanchez to the homecoming queen during Halloween when she was dressed up like the Virgin Mary. Too bad I didn't film it; I'd be on Fox News and then everyone could feel outraged.

Edited by bushwacked

lighten up Francis, wow, are you guys serious with this?

everything is fair game for Larry David, the handicapped, Jewish, black, fat mid-riffs- it is a freaking comedy.

Larry David pissed off the almighty Catholic League, who is firmly planted in reality- well done.

gimme a break

Are you saying making fun of fat midriffs is on par with pissing on Jesus Christ?

In terms of "lighten up Francis" moments, they're few and far between for me. I'm not even that religious, but this is just in poor taste.

Are you saying making fun of fat midriffs is on par with pissing on Jesus Christ?

In terms of "lighten up Francis" moments, they're few and far between for me. I'm not even that religious, but this is just in poor taste.

I didn't see it, never even heard of the show, but it sounds like it was done it bad taste. Just wondering why it's worth the outrage? :wacko:

What Political Correctness lines are we pretending not to cross here? Why is this particular fictional desecration so outrageous?

If we detested everything done in bad taste we could list another million topics that didn't get reported by news channels.

Edited by bushwacked

I didn't see it, never even heard of the show, but it sounds like it was done it bad taste. Just wondering why it's worth the outrage? :wacko:

What Political Correctness lines are we pretending not to cross here?

If we detested everything done in bad taste we could list another million topics that didn't get reported by news channels.

Not sure if you're generalizing about all this, but I'm definitely not outraged. I didn't see it either. But from what I know, I also find it in bad taste.

There are levels of bad taste. I simply find this level a little bit too much.

it looked like a painting to me, I didn't actually see JC in the bathroom.

I would put pissing, ahem splashing on a painting low on the offensive scale when it comes to groups comedians have parodied and made fun of over the years.

Edited by wildcat2334

I simply find this level a little bit too much.

Unless you feel compelled to do something about the fictional show on HBO, I'd suggest you take my lead and never watch it.

I find it all rather unimportant; the predictable "I'm offended, it crossed the line" reaction is something akin to every South Park episode. :wacko:

Too bad the Catholics weren't as outraged when their priests were transferred to another church for child molestation and declare bankruptcy to get out of paying the civil settlements of the victims. :oldrolleyes:

Give me a break.

Unless you feel compelled to do something about the fictional show on HBO, I'd suggest you take my lead and never watch it.

I find it all rather unimportant; the predictable "I'm offended, it crossed the line" reaction is something akin to every South Park episode. :wacko:

I love South Park. I can't remember a time they were this badly in taste. Then again, I haven't seen every episode.

And again, I'm not exactly "outraged" over this, and don't really have much more to add. So.. :D