[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks for the 2pts Housh...

ABC123

Just another in the long and endlessly growing line of mediocre players the Seahawks vastly overpaid.

He's the only player on the offense who seems to want the ball, or who seems to care that he's being embarrassed. There are more permeating issues that are playing into his stat line.

Man, I've been trying to sell Burleson for weeks now and no takers. It's obvious that no one wants to touch Seattle's passing game at all. Hasselbeck was dropped in our league. (10 teams)

ETA: said Berrian, meant Burleson, of course. Man, I'm gettin' old.

Edited by STL Fan

Hey TJ...................WHO DEY..................Bet he wishes he was in Nati still

Was just thinking the same thing...

Carson Palmer > Matt Hasslebeck

Chad Ochocinco > Nate Burleson

Cedric Benson > Julius Jones

Was just thinking the same thing...

Carson Palmer > Matt Hasslebeck

Chad Ochocinco > Nate Burleson

Cedric Benson > Julius Jones

Seattle Paycheck > Cincinnati Paycheck. At the end of the day, the money is the only thing that usually counts. The only other exception is winning a ring, but honestly do you really think Cincinnati is going to make it to the Superbowl? Sure Cincinnati has better odds then the Seahawks, but I don't see either of them going deep into the playoffs if they do make it that far. And if you aren't going to play for the ring, you might as well play for the money. Edited by cdrudge

Seattle Paycheck > Cincinnati Paycheck. At the end of the day, the money is the only thing that usually counts. The only other exception is winning a ring, but honestly do you really think Cincinnati is going to make it to the Superbowl? Sure Cincinnati has better odds then the Seahawks, but I don't see either of them going deep into the playoffs if they do make it that far. And if you aren't going to play for the ring, you might as well play for the money.

How bout the fact that Minnesota was going after him pretty aggressively? How can you turn that down for Seattle?

Seattle Paycheck > Cincinnati Paycheck. At the end of the day, the money is the only thing that usually counts. The only other exception is winning a ring, but honestly do you really think Cincinnati is going to make it to the Superbowl? Sure Cincinnati has better odds then the Seahawks, but I don't see either of them going deep into the playoffs if they do make it that far. And if you aren't going to play for the ring, you might as well play for the money.

Didn't they end up giving Coles pretty close to what Housh got?

They had huge questions at QB at the time. I'd choose Hass over the MN QB issues when the decision had to be made.
According to this article, that was exactly the reason, the QB.

I don't know what Minnesota offered if anything officially. But i bet it wasn't significantly better then $40m/5 years.

Hey TJ...................WHO DEY..................Bet he wishes he was in Nati still

If he and I were in a room together, he'd be the ONLY one wishing that. I was glad when he left (not even knowing how it would work out so far this year.) TJ was a great receiver, but he was also part of the problem here (yes, there are LOTS of problems here, not just him). TJ never participated in offseason, and often missed practice during the week. As good as he was on Sunday, he was NOT going to be part of a change in personality of this team.

Not that I think the receiving corp is better without him....it is clearly not. I was opposed to spending that kind of jack on Coles, although he has been a serious professional throughout his career. I think he helps the locker room, but I think they overpaid for him.

I think that instead of spending the money on TJ (which may have impacted eight-five's attittude), they were able to spend it a number of players that better fit Marvin's style. Not sure if they sign Benson if they kept TJ, I'm very happy w/ that trade-off.

Edited by Bengal Mania

The funny part of Hous' season this year is he went off on the Madden '10 video game folks (I think it was on Cowherd's show) because they didn't have him as a top wr ... he only rated a 91, thought he was muuuuch higher... he vowed his performance this season would prove them wrong ... Well, it did -- he's a lot closer to 41 than 91!!!

He said he'd never play madden until they fix him.

He better pick up his play or madden will be the only football he'll be playing!!

Yes, I'm one of the bitter idiots who picked him as a WR2 ... :wacko: