[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New England vs Indy game

Henry Muto

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen somebody race off stage that fast since Forrest Griffin got his azz handed to him by Silva a couple of months ago. The only place you go for it on 4th and 2 at your own 30 is on a video game... shame on Bill for making such a poor decision. His team had the game won, and he gave it away. Didn't even give them a chance to win, once he decided his D couldn't stop Peyton. It would have made more sense to just run out the back of the end zone with it, and get a free kick... at least they would have still had field position on their side. :wacko:

I haven't seen somebody race off stage that fast since Forrest Griffin got his azz handed to him by Silva a couple of months ago. The only place you go for it on 4th and 2 at your own 30 is on a video game... shame on Bill for making such a poor decision. His team had the game won, and he gave it away. Didn't even give them a chance to win, once he decided his D couldn't stop Peyton. It would have made more sense to just run out the back of the end zone with it, and get a free kick... at least they would have still had field position on their side. :wacko:

Let's not get carried away. I still would've given Manning a 60% chance of scoring.

Why would you go for it on 4th and 2? I don't see any reason to do it? Way too much risk.
If I was in the 50 yard line to the Colts 30, I would have probably gone for it. It's short enough that a punt may not really get you that much, and it's long enough that a FG isn't a guarantee and you might actually make it. But on your own 30 yard line? :wacko:

Let's not get carried away. I still would've given Manning a 60% chance of scoring.

prior to the last colt possession they had the ball for 13 possessions and scored 4 TDs on drives of 70+yards...that is a 31% ratio....had they punted it would have been approx a 70 yard field for the colts....the odds were definitely not in the Colts favor if the Pats had punted the ball

prior to the last colt possession they had the ball for 13 possessions and scored 4 TDs on drives of 70+yards...that is a 31% ratio....had they punted it would have been approx a 70 yard field for the colts....the odds were definitely not in the Colts favor if the Pats had punted the ball

Did you happen to watch the 4th quarter?

Did you happen to watch the 4th quarter?

i did and the last thing I would have wanted to do as a coach would have been to RISK giving Manning a short field...BB preaches 60 minutes, 60 minutes...well he didnt have the faith in his D to play "60 minutes"

I see the logic in making the call to go for it, but THAT play!?

I mean, Faulk on a slant??...With Moss and a defender over his shoulder??

Seemed like a very difficult play. Very difficult.

If you're going to go for it in that situation you better be 150% sure you got the play to do it.

If you make it, the guy is wide open or untouched for 3 yards if you run. I just don't get that play

being the best he could come up with.

1, of course, is punt the damn thing and MAKE THEM beat you

1A, is go for it with a better play than that......what about a Faulk draw??!..I mean aghhhhhhh!

There's a lot more to say about this.....

Why couldn't Manning make Garcon and Collie great like he did with Wayne and Harrison?

It's better than letting the Colts drive the field and run the time out.

two brilliant observations. :wacko:

Why didn't you post anymore after the Colts took the lead? :D

i did and the last thing I would have wanted to do as a coach would have been to RISK giving Manning a short field...BB preaches 60 minutes, 60 minutes...well he didnt have the faith in his D to play "60 minutes"

i'm not saying it was the right decision, but i can see the line of reasoning. that's all i'm saying. I don't think it was quite as stupid as people are making it out to be.

I was too busy looking at Moss's stats.

The 0-1 against the Colts this year?

I mean seriously, EVERYONE knew Moss was gonna have a big game. Two ROOKIE corners? His stats are pretty tame to be honest. I'm not sure you can't blame this loss solely on Moss. The two turnovers in the endzone kept the Colts in this game. Perhaps those were plays he took off. :wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

I was too busy looking at Moss's stats.

9 for 179 and 2 TDs, when his career was supposed to be over years ago. They clocked one of this TDs and said he ran a 3.6 40 dash. I can understand why that safety couldn't keep up with the old man.
Your team blew it's biggest lead in I think I heard 10 years and your coach made the biggest boneheaded decision in his career, and your hear gloating about how one of the best WR had a an excellent game against a rookie secondary. :wacko: Moss isn't at the apex of his career, I think he's slightly past that, but he's still an excellent WR and his size and strength obviously was no match last night for the Colt's secondary.

I commend you for trying to find a silver lining in what was probably a gut wrenching loss for you, and 179 and 2TDs is great and all, but it's still not a win. I'd happily wish Reggie Wayne didn't have a reception or Manning threw for 100 yards and 6 picks if we still got the win in the end.

Your team blew it's biggest lead in I think I heard 10 years and your coach made the biggest boneheaded decision in his career, and your hear gloating about how one of the best WR had a an excellent game against a rookie secondary. :wacko: Moss isn't at the apex of his career, I think he's slightly past that, but he's still an excellent WR and his size and strength obviously was no match last night for the Colt's secondary.

I commend you for trying to find a silver lining in what was probably a gut wrenching loss for you, and 179 and 2TDs is great and all, but it's still not a win. I'd happily wish Reggie Wayne didn't have a reception or Manning threw for 100 yards and 6 picks if we still got the win in the end.

They aren't my team. :D I only pull for them against the Colts, because they are the only franchise that seems to give them trouble. Look to people who have user names such as PatsFan for the fans.

+1

Bill made a bad call. Unusual for him, because I see it as a self defeating strategy. He assumed he had to make the 1st because Manning could drive 70 yards for a TD. Yes, it is possible, but not certain for any QB. Unfortunately, if you don't make it, Manning is even more likely to make a TD with only 30 yards to go.

+1

Bill made a bad call. Unusual for him, because I see it as a self defeating strategy. He assumed he had to make the 1st because Manning could drive 70 yards for a TD. Yes, it is possible, but not certain for any QB. Unfortunately, if you don't make it, Manning is even more likely to make a TD with only 30 yards to go.

You guys can't play the numbers game unless you also play the numbers game with regard to making the 1st and keeping the ball out of his hands.

So, according the Keggerz, Manning had a 31% chance of driving from his own 30 for the TD. Well, if you take NE's chances of converting the 1st and then factor in the fact that, even though the chances of Manning punching it in from the NE 30 are much better, it's not a given, you'd find that the aggregate percentage is more in favor of NE.

Granted, even converting doesn't 100% keep the ball out of his hands because there's a time out and the 2 minute warning. However, you use up one or the other stopping the clock after the converted 4th down, then 1 more after the first. That means you're punting it with about 30 seconds. So now Manning has 70 yds in 30 seconds with no timeouts. Assuming, of course, that you don't get another 1st. Which is an insanely tall task even for him.

An argument can be made about the message it sends to your D and the lack of faith you have in them but I'm afraid that arguing %s here is not going to come out on the side of punting it.