[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 16 Colts players

griff321

Now that the Colts took out the Pats, I'm very worried about a repeat of '05 where Manning and Harrison played for about two drives in week 16. It's still quite early but they're getting so far out in front of everyone that I doubt they'll have a reason to play by week 16. Now I could see it the other way as well because of the major let down against the Steelers that year in the playoffs but I can just hear footsteps of a '05 repeat and I just got over those nightmares. :wacko:

What do you think Colts homers?

My hope (knock on wood) is that the very issue you mention is one of the things the new coach (Caldwell) will do differently.

When the Colts have rested going into the playoffs, they've been flat. And I believe they've been flat because of that time off, not in spite of it.

Not sure what Caldwell's philosophy will be, but if there's one thing I do want to see different from the Dungy era, it's that.

Do you mean week 17? Most FFL have their Championship during week 16 for that very reason!

Nope.

Week 16 2005

Cost me the championship that year. The Colts went into that game 13-1 and clinched home field through the playoffs, so they sat Manning and Harrison after the first quarter and Edge after the half. Also if you remember, Caldwell was the HC that week because Dungy was attending to his sons funeral.

Then they came back flat three weeks later and lost to Pitt 21-18.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Sorgi for that very reason. He's no Manning, but he just might be my starter if I make it to week 16.
Keep an eye on Sorgi status. He's been the inactive 3rd QB the last two weeks with shoulder issues. If they are playing meaningless games, Painter can lose just as well as Sorgi can.

Keep an eye on Sorgi status. He's been the inactive 3rd QB the last two weeks with shoulder issues. If they are playing meaningless games, Painter can lose just as well as Sorgi can.

Not trying to hijack, but this is the kind of information that amazes me about these forums and the Huddle. Cdrudge could have easily not posted this little tidbit... but he did. :wacko:

You can't do better than Jim Sorgi throwing to backups for your fantasy championship? And only for maybe 3 quarters of the game after Peyton gets his? :wacko:

This is exactly why I picked up Alex Smith a week ago because he has the Lions at home week 16 and @StL. week 17 for the few people with a week 17 championship game. I have a feeling that if the Colts do rest players it'll include Manning, Wayne, Clark and maybe even Addai so whoever is playing at QB wont have the same dynamic playmakers. I'd hate having to play Smith in a championship game, but after drafting Manning in the late second, I wasn't going to spend another high pick for a suitable back-up.

:Jaws theme gets louder:

So the front page is saying Polian will rest players now:

:wacko:

I think the funny thing is that the best advice the site has to offer is "trade him." Let me ask the community this, do you actually have a league that hasn't reached it's trade deadline? All three of mine have and if you're like me you just want to get someone on your roster before the transaction deadline for FAs hits.

So what are you to do if you have Colts players, curl up into a ball and die?

So lets get viable options for weeks ahead.

QBs to replace Manning:

Alex Smith- The 49ers are moving to more of a spread offense and the 49ers play ARI, @PHI, DET, and @StL weeks 14-17

Vince Young-He's playing well and rush yards are always nice. Not to mention he plays StL, MIA, SD, and @SEA weeks 14-17

I wouldn't touch Colts back ups just because of what was stated earlier in this thread that half the touches for everyone hurts. I've been looking at just the QBs that can fill in for me because it's really the only thing I had to know since Manning is the only Colt I have this year. What have you guys been finding to replace the other skill positions on the Colts and why?

• 4 weeks later...

The latest promotion of Willy is the final straw for me. Starting Smith in confidence.

:wacko:

According to Adam Schefter, reporting on Twitter, the Indianapolis Colts promoted (signed) quarterback Drew Willy from the practice squad on Saturday. Willy will be the Colts' third-string quarterback against the New York Jets this Sunday, with Curtis Painter acting as the primary backup to starter Peyton Manning.

December 27, 2009, 11:26 ET

IND - QB Manning Could Play Full Game "If Competitive"

Summary: Rachel Nichols of ESPN reports this morning that QB Peyton Manning told her he thinks he could play the full game if it were competitive. But that it wouldn't be a surprise if the Colts got out to an early lead and Manning was to leave the game early.

With Garcon out , does Collie start opposite of Wayne and does he play the whole game if starters are pulled ( basically what i am asking is does Collie's value increase dramitically with Garcon out and if starters are pulled is Collie part of that group pulled ? )

TIA

With Garcon out , does Collie start opposite of Wayne and does he play the whole game if starters are pulled ( basically what i am asking is does Collie's value increase dramitically with Garcon out and if starters are pulled is Collie part of that group pulled ? )

TIA

Bump