[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chris Henry of Bengals passed away in car accident...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one would look at it or pay any attention to it. Go ahead and post it, I bet you would get less than 100 views and less than 10 posts.

Us Americans have our priorities mixed up, We think a "Celebrities" lives are more important than "Avergae Joe" ala. Michael Jackson, Johny Cash and even Billy Mays and many others. Any life lost is sad......

When I first looked at the post in the Tailgate it had 26 views and now it has 154 - change of 128 views. At that same time the Chris Henry thread had 2,399 and now has 2,767 - change of 368 views. This is a football forum so that would make some sense but I think a lot of the views that the tailgate post got was because of it being mentioned in this thread.

I probably would have passed over the thread in the tailgate if it was not mentioned in here - I am glad I read this thread so I was informed of the other.

RIP for both.

wiegie , i also hear where you are coming from ...and I dont think you meant to dance on any grave

In the end i think its tragic regardless when a young man , whether rich or poor , star athlete or regular guy , dies suddenly when there could be so much more life for them here ..and tomorrow could always bring positive changes in anyones life

Henry made mistakes ( no one on earth is perfect )... .for those who can still change and make improvements its just another reminder that how fragile life is and how precious each day is

wiegie , i also hear where you are coming from ...and I dont think you meant to dance on any grave

In the end i think its tragic regardless when a young man , whether rich or poor , star athlete or regular guy , dies suddenly when there could be so much more life for them here ..and tomorrow could always bring positive changes in anyones life

Henry made mistakes ( no one on earth is perfect )... .for those who can still change and make improvements its just another reminder that how fragile life is and how precious each day is

well said

:wacko:

This isnt about who everyone should feel more sorry for. This is smply about the tragic end of Henry's life after a turn of events that this kid went through.

Im sure everyone here feels as bad or worse for the men and women that have died in the military. But no one is comparing this to that at all.

I know people are going to groan or get angry at this, but Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death. And it was over an argument with his wife. I think the post about the soldier wasn't out of line-- You guys are making a big deal out of a football players death from a disturbance, but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

+1 ... sorry wiegie, this wasn't the place for some back-door attempt at anti-war sentiments. bad form. :D

Where was the anti-war sentiment?

what an ass. what, are we doing life value comparisons now?

Because he was posting something about someone who gave his life for his country? Really?

Edited by piratesownninjas

I know people are going to grown or get angry at this, but Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death. And it was over an argument with his wife. I think the post about the soldier wasn't out of line-- You guys are making a big deal out of a football players death from a disturbance, but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

Because he was posting something about someone who gave his life for his country? Really?

Very well said Pirate!!! May God have mercy on both their Souls..... :wacko:

I know people are going to grown or get angry at this, but Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death. And it was over an argument with his wife. I think the post about the soldier wasn't out of line-- You guys are making a big deal out of a football players death from a disturbance, but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

a great big +1. Some of you guys need to get off your high horses. :wacko:

Sorry I got here late. Is Wiegie looking for attention again? Henry wasn't perfect but he died and he has family that never touched a gun in their lives or may have never been in trouble with the law that are devestated right now. To them I pray they can find peace.

Sorry I got here late. Is Wiegie looking for attention again? Henry wasn't perfect but he died and he has family that never touched a gun in their lives or may have never been in trouble with the law that are devestated right now. To them I pray they can find peace.

+1000...

just cant get over his life cut short and to honor him he will be in my starting lineup this weekend

I know people are going to groan or get angry at this, but Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death. And it was over an argument with his wife. I think the post about the soldier wasn't out of line-- You guys are making a big deal out of a football players death from a disturbance, but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

a great big +1. Some of you guys need to get off your high horses. :wacko:

I dont understand this "+ a great big 1 "

isnt saying that Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death a bit judgemental and sort of being on a high horse ? i certainly think so

actually i think most of what pirate posted was more judgemental than anything else i read in this post ...

Edited by isleseeya

but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

Honestly, each and every day. I say thank you to the troops in fatigues I see out and about. I think about how hard it is for the ones at war every day of their lives (and mine) .

Anyway, we can go on and on in another thread. :wacko:

I just saw an old interview of Chris Henry from August, and man, he just seemed like a good dude. I know he has a bad past, but his purpose in this life must have been to show those that are going down that same path that he was that they can turn things around. They only have to want it.

You guys are making a big deal out of a football players death from a disturbance, but how often do you guys even think about the guys that are defending the country that die daily?

I'll thank you NOT to assume that most of us don't think of our service men and women every single day. Just because we don't run around posting on a football messageboard about every soul lost or life in danger in our armed services does NOT mean we don't pray for their safety every damn day. :wacko:

I'm sad when ANY life is cut short. And who among us didn't do something stupid at age 26, yet survived and now think......man.....that was stupid. :D

I sure got lucky.

Fact is.......this is a thread on the Main board of a Fantasy Football website about a football player in the NFL.

Prayers to family and friends and the Bengal Nation.

I'll thank you NOT to assume that most of us don't think of our service men and women every single day. Just because we don't run around posting on a football messageboard about every soul lost or life in danger in our armed services does NOT mean we don't pray for their safety every damn day. :wacko:

I'm sad when ANY life is cut short. And who among us didn't do something stupid at age 26, yet survived and now think......man.....that was stupid. :D

I sure got lucky.

Fact is.......this is a thread on the Main board of a Fantasy Football website about a football player in the NFL.

well said SB ..very well said

isnt saying that Chris Henry put himself in the position that led to his death a bit judgemental and sort of being on a high horse ? i certainly think so

I stand corrected and apologize. I don't think Henry put himself in a position that led to his death necassarily (sp?). We all do / did stupid poopy when we were young. I do agree with the rest of that post. I don't think Wieg's post was outta line. I think it's sad that in this country, "celebrities" are covered so much by the media and our country's true heroes are often forgotten.

I also did'nt detect any " anti-war sentiment" in wieg's post.

Of all the things that go on on these boards, it's just funny that Wieg would get lit up for what he posted. JMHO.

I think its a terrible thing that happened to Henry and his family and I wish them well, this reminds me of when I was in high school and a friend of mine passed. Everyone in the school made a huge deal of it, most of them did not even know him or never taken the time to talk to him. I found it very annoying that these same people were now his "best friend".....I hate that anyone loses their life, but we do not need to get all righteous and act that we knew this man or his circumstances.......

For the first time in a very very long time.....maybe ever...I am embarrassed to be a member of this online community. You people that have made this about your own morals...about your own thoughts on Henry's....your own judgements about him...should be flat-out ahamed of yourselves.

While Henry's death is the saddest part of this thread....there are plenty of other things inside it that are equally sad.

I sure got lucky.

amen.

our family prays for our soldiers every night before bed. my dad is a vietnam vet who served two tours. both of my brothers were in the military. all of us kids were born on an army base. my dad is now retired army. just because folks are expressing grief here does not mean that that grief in any way stands paramount or is more important than the other tragedies happening in this world. the common thread that binds this community is football, so that's what we talk about. i took weigie's comment harshly because it was like he was trying to tell us that we all need to get our priorities straight because we were expressing sadness about henry's death. it was out of place and to hit right when the news of this all came down just didn't sit well with me.

i do apologize weigie, for calling you an ass and the others elitist jerks ... (even pope).

I sure got lucky.

Very well said. This sums up my thoughts after reading PON's message as well.

actually i think most of what pirate posted was more judgemental than anything else i read in this post ...

High horse--Not so much. But there was a domestic dusturbance one way or another. If I was to get into a situation with my wife and jumped on the hood of her car as she was driving away and later died because of it, I would have put myself into that position. If read anything more that you're reading into then that, then it's your problem, not mine. And remember, I was talking to those blasting weidgie for bringing attention to a troop that died.

I sure got lucky.

Once again, I wasnt assuming "most of you" don't thank your servicemen. I was speaking to those blasting weidgie for bringing it to attention. Fact is that people die every day, but the vast majority of people don't care or even think about it. But when it happens to be a football player it's a big deal. I get that, this is a football message board after all. But to blast someone for bringing up a sad story about someone who died in the military is asinine.

I think some of you are reading into what you want from my post, instead of what I was saying. I'm not happy about Chris Henry and his untimely death. It's sad. I feel for his kids, they're going through something that I can't imagine. I do wish for the best for them. My post wasn't anti-Chris Henry at all. It was however towards those who blasted weidgie for bringing it to our attention that hero's die daily. Maybe we need for that to be brought up to us.

I think that overall people do feel sadness and sympathy for those who die so young and i would beleive that even this thread shows that compassionate side . what is clear is that the more publicized a story is the easier it is to get into it ...and probably we are not hearing or seeing enough stories of our soldiers dying which while very sad to read would keep the focus out there loud and clear where it belongs for such heroes ... Pirate i apologize if i came at you in any way as well ...

I think that overall people do feel sadness and sympathy for those who die so young and i would beleive that even this thread shows that compassionate side . what is clear is that the more publicized a story is the easier it is to get into it ...and probably we are not hearing or seeing enough stories of our soldiers dying which while very sad to read would keep the focus out there loud and clear where it belongs for such heroes ... Pirate i apologize if i came at you in any way as well ...

No worries man. I'm very quick to jump on anything related to our military, as I've had a lot of classmates and friends from high school go to the middle east that aren't coming back. I have some other thoughts on the thread, but another time and forum to discuss that.