[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

are we that dumb?

tonorator

Here's one difference between HFCS soda and sugar soda.

Go get yourself the largest Big Gulp of HFCS soda, go light on the ice and you'll be able to finish it.

Get heavy ice in same Big Gulp cup, fill with sugar soda and your stomach will shut it down before you're halfway done. HFCS skips receptors in your stomach telling it that it is full, plain and simple. Sugar doesn't.

Where I bartend we have Pepsi products on the gun. If you order a rum and Coke, you get a rum and Pepsi unless you specefically ask for a can of coke on the side. Consistantly (as in every day) somebody takes a drink and asks me if it's Pepsi on the gun. And these are mixed drinks we're talking about, not straight soda.

I'm betting the % who say that is pretty small though.

Go get yourself the largest Big Gulp of HFCS soda, go light on the ice and you'll be able to finish it.

:vomit: If you put a gun to my head and then it's still a maybe. Interesting stat though.

Mixing any alcohol with coke or pepsi= :wacko:

I wouldn't know how else to make a rum and coke.

I'm betting the % who say that is pretty small though.

True, I was just pointing out that even without prompting, some people notice. I think there's a hugh difference, and I don't even drink caffeine.

Everyone I know can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi. They aren't even close.

Agreed. And for some reason, the hierarchy goes like this, for me:

Coke

Diet Pepsi

Pepsi

Diet Coke

If I want the full sweetened soda, I go with Coke. If I want diet, it has to be Diet Pepsi. I will only drink Diet Coke at the point of a gun. That stuff is horrible. :wacko:

I personally like the High Fructose Corn Syrup commercial that talks about how it comes from Corn and how Corn is harmless.....which is true....

however, you're extracting Corn in it's purest form......I mean, Cocoa leaves are harmless, but you can make Cocaine from them.....

and umm...I started to find High Fructose Corn Syrup in all sorts of things - like bread and spaghetti sauce (or gravy if you're Italian :wacko:).... but now there are products with "No High Fructose Corn Syrup" labeled right on the front...

...now if we could get this sort of movement against Aspartame and Fluoride, we would be making strides...

Get heavy ice in same Big Gulp cup, fill with sugar soda and your stomach will shut it down before you're halfway done. HFCS skips receptors in your stomach telling it that it is full, plain and simple. Sugar doesn't.

exactly...it also blocks insulin production which can lead to diabetes

I personally like the High Fructose Corn Syrup commercial that talks about how it comes from Corn and how Corn is harmless.....which is true....

however, you're extracting Corn in it's purest form......I mean, Cocoa leaves are harmless, but you can make Cocaine from them.....

and umm...I started to find High Fructose Corn Syrup in all sorts of things - like bread and spaghetti sauce (or gravy if you're Italian :wacko:).... but now there are products with "No High Fructose Corn Syrup" labeled right on the front...

...now if we could get this sort of movement against Aspartame and Fluoride, we would be making strides...

Which is why I've started making as much as I can food wise, at home. I skip sodas and soft drinks, I'll make lemonade by actually squeezing the lemons and adding enough sugar for my taste, I make my own mayonnaise and salad dressings, etc. Too much processed food is not good for the body.

Why any would waste a good bourbon by pouring sugar water over it is beyond me . . .

Fine spirits are meant to be consumed by themselves or ice. Give me a Woodford Reserve with 2 ice cubes any day . . .

I can see your much more of a bourbon expert than I. I'll give you the "on the rocks".

However, went years ago from rum and coke to bourbon and coke and will never go back. Good stuff right there.

Which is why I've started making as much as I can food wise, at home. I skip sodas and soft drinks, I'll make lemonade by actually squeezing the lemons and adding enough sugar for my taste, I make my own mayonnaise and salad dressings, etc. Too much processed food is not good for the body.

:wacko:

I can see your much more of a bourbon expert than I. I'll give you the "on the rocks".

However, went years ago from rum and coke to bourbon and coke and will never go back. Good stuff right there.

Come out of the dark into the light my son . . . . too much soda with booze will give you diabetes . . .lol.

Soda in general is just way too sweet for me.