[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

$45 billion in profits

evil_gop_liars

Fixed

Oh wait, thats wrong....I forgot to include future costs that will continue to accrue, plus the opportunity costs our economy has suffered.

I wanted to start with an achievable goal.

Plus, I am truly encouraged by this news despite your underlying stereotyping of me as a Have to agree here! rightie in your reply.

Fixed

Yup, the CBO has already attributed significant economic improvement to the Reinvestment Act and they project unemployment rates to make long term sustainable drops come mid 2010. And this is with a quarter of the funds spent.

However, this is apparently a bigger disgrace than our trillion dollar Iraqi welfare program. Yup, that makes sense. :wacko:

Yup, the CBO has already attributed significant economic improvement to the Reinvestment Act and they project unemployment rates to make long term sustainable drops come mid 2010. And this is with a quarter of the funds spent.

However, this is apparently a bigger disgrace than our trillion dollar Iraqi welfare program. Yup, that makes sense. :wacko:

Have to agree here!

Even as the Fed comes to resemble private banks in terms of its balance sheet and its earnings power, there remains one big difference. The CEO of the Federal Reserve, Chairman Ben S. Bernanke, received only a modest cost-of-living raise for 2010, despite the record earnings: He now makes $199,700, with no bonus at all.

Love this part of the article.

How can banks justify "shoring up their capital reserves" as an excuse to not lend money, but them turn around and give their execs that brought their businesses to the brink of disaster requiring bailouts HUGE bonuses is incomprehensible . . .

Edited by bpwallace49

Also from your article:

Before we get too excited, the profit only equates to about a 2 percent profit margin, based on the Fed's balance sheet of about $2 trillion last year.

And, more importantly, Marc Faber, editor of The Gloom, Boom and Doom Report, says it doesn't change the fundamentals. Faber tells Henry Blodget in this clip that Uncle Sam is carrying too much debt and leverage. He calls the situation "beyond repair

Faber is comparing the profit to the deficit from 2008...before your whipping boy took office! The debt he is referring to is the whopping amounts accumulated under the prior admin.

And I agree with him, there is no cause to celebrate what the prior admin has done to this country.