[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What song did you think was an original but turned out to be a re-make?

loaf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then She Kissed Me by KISS off the Love Gun album I believe. I was about 8 years old when my dad bought me that album. I didn't know they had covered that song until I was in my 20s. :wacko:

see my last post

I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow. Didn't know until years later that it was originally done in the 60s by the Strangeloves

Did not know that.

Very embarassingly, growing up in France in the 70s where covers of American songs were common as a 7 year old I just always assumed that Oh what a night , if I had a hammer, and many other American standards were original Claude Francois songs.

Ironically, probably the most covered song in the world My Way is actually an original Claude Francois song

If any one of you clicked either link, I am sure you will be glad to hear that he died in his bathtub due to an electrical shock from a vibrator.....

Did not know that.

Very embarassingly, growing up in France in the 70s where covers of American songs were common as a 7 year old I just always assumed that Oh what a night , if I had a hammer, and many other American standards were original Claude Francois songs.

Ironically, probably the most covered song in the world My Way is actually an original Claude Francois song

If any one of you clicked either link, I am sure you will be glad to hear that he died in his bathtub due to an electrical shock from a vibrator.....

Nice stat on My Way...

Heard it Through the Grapevine - Done by both The Miracles and Gladys Knight before Marvin.

Twist and Shout - Grew up with the Beatles, found out years later that it was the Isley Brothers

Do You Want to Dance - Grew up with Mamas and Papas and the Ramones versions. . .originally by Bobby Freeman.

Freddy's Dead - Grew up on the Fishbone version. Curtis Mayfield wrote it.

Piece of My Heart - Didn't learn about Erma Franklin's original until a few years ago. Better than the Janis version, IMO.

Lots more. . .

Various songs re-made by James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt - the only two I can think of in fact who could make a re-make sound better than the orig. Not easy.

I'm sure there are a few more but can't think of offhand.

Her Desperado is better than the Eagles IMO.

You should be embarrassed to even know that.

why's that? I pretty much listen to the Underground Garage on Sirius-XM and they play songs from the blues of the early 50s to today's garage rock and everything in between. This morning on the way into work, the Strangeloves' version come on and reminded me I wanted to pose this question the the tailgate brethren.

why's that? I pretty much listen to the Underground Garage on Sirius-XM and they play songs from the blues of the early 50s to today's garage rock and everything in between. This morning on the way into work, the Strangeloves' version come on and reminded me I wanted to pose this question the the tailgate brethren.

Methinks Chester is neither a fan of Bow Wow Wow nor KISS, and was commenting on those bands in particular. Now I know what to get him next Christmas. :wacko:

Just razzing you. I've got plenty of embarrassing song errors in my past.