[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vaccines do not cause Autism

billay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: so listening to doctors, experts, and every legitimate statistical study that's been done = "blindly believing"?

a poor choice of words on my part, I admit and apologize for. I just meant that it shouldn't necessarily be discounted and that until there is definitive evidence for exactly what causes autism, why shun the theory.

a poor choice of words on my part, I admit and apologize for. I just meant that it shouldn't necessarily be discounted and that until there is definitive evidence for exactly what causes autism, why shun the theory.

why? probably because there's no real evidence to support the theory, and because in the meantime your kid might get sick and/or get someone else's kids sick with a totally preventable disease.

measles

mumps

pertussis

why? probably because there's no real evidence to support the theory, and because in the meantime your kid might get sick and/or get someone else's kids sick with a totally preventable disease.

measles

mumps

pertussis

I don't believe he is saying not to get the vaccines... but that you can schedule them separately a month or two apart instead of shocking the autoimmune system with 6 at a time. The practice of consilidating more and more immunizations into the same sitting has not always been the norm, and spacing them out slightly does not put anyone at any real risk.

I don't believe he is saying not to get the vaccines... but that you can schedule them separately a month or two apart instead of shocking the autoimmune system with 6 at a time. The practice of consilidating more and more immunizations into the same sitting has not always been the norm, and spacing them out slightly does not put anyone at any real risk.

the only evidence suggesting that getting them at the same time somehow "shocks the immune system" has just been exposed as a complete fraud (see post #1).

on the other hand, what are the risks? he's a good explanation I just found from a pediatrician, which echoes what our pediatrician told us:

The biggest medical problem with the delayed schedule is that it leaves babies open to disease for a longer period of time. If a baby is vaccinated by the CDC's tried, tested and true vaccine schedule, that baby will have immunity to over 14 diseases by the age of two! With the CDC recommended schedule, babies visit their doctor five times in the first 15 months and receive protection against up to 14 diseases in as little as 18 shots if using combination vaccines, or as many as 26 shots if using individual antigens.

We immunize children so young against these diseases because infancy is the time period that kids are MOST vulnerable to life-threatening diseases. The people at greatest risk of dying from vaccine-preventable disease are the very young and the very old. We vaccinate to save lives.

On the delayed schedule, by 15 months of age children will have only received immunity against eight diseases. They miss out on measles, rubella, chickenpox, Hep A, and Hep B. By 15 months, children on this delayed schedule are given 17 shots and visit the doctor's office 9 times -- almost twice as many visits to the doctor as the CDC schedule.

edit: one thing to add here, about that last sentence. you know, sometimes the vaccine conspiracists like to talk about how you can't trust doctors or health agencies because they're in cahoots with the pharmaceutical industry, and that their position on vaccines is somehow ultimately all about financial self-interest. well, a question....do you think the doctor makes more money doing the recommended schedule, or giving twice as many shots over twice as many visits?

Edited by Azazello1313

I don't know what is true or what is not, all I can say is that I am thankful no one in my family has autism. Perhaps, if someone in my family did have autism and they did receive the vaccine shots and I hear these things, I would not care what posts you post. I would want answers and proof one way or another. When you are thrown into a situation, your mind can play tricks on you, but sometimes those tricks turn out to be facts.

I believe all kids should get vaccinated because you are knowingly putting your kid at a risk that exists rather than a small cases where coincidence could be the culprit. I feel for everyone who has to go through life dealing with this and I totally see their point of view of blaming vaccines.

exactly what I was saying.

I don't know what is true or what is not, all I can say is that I am thankful no one in my family has autism. Perhaps, if someone in my family did have autism and they did receive the vaccine shots and I hear these things, I would not care what posts you post. I would want answers and proof one way or another. When you are thrown into a situation, your mind can play tricks on you, but sometimes those tricks turn out to be facts.

I believe all kids should get vaccinated because you are knowingly putting your kid at a risk that exists rather than a small cases where coincidence could be the culprit. I feel for everyone who has to go through life dealing with this and I totally see their point of view of blaming vaccines.

+1

Some parents with an Autistic child feel that it isn't necessarily the vaccines themselves but rather the amount of vaccines given at one time. Theory being that the overload to the system is just too much for their little bodies.

To blindly believe that all vaccines are harmless, regardless of how many are given at one time, is being a little too naive, IMHO.

We were worried enough about that possibility that we made the docs spread the immunizations out one at a time over many visits. No, it wasn't convienient. But neither his having an autistic kid.

:wacko: so listening to doctors, experts, and every legitimate statistical study that's been done = "blindly believing"?

Because the infalliable doctors still have no idea what casue autism . . but can definitively say what DOESNT cause it? Who knows of vaccines are just a small piece of a larger puzzle that causes autism, like a hyper-allergic reaction to too many shots at once?

Az . if you dont know (and it is obvious you dont) then dont try and tell parents of kids who have autism what is or isnt good. For some time the vaccine theory was the best info some parents have had.

I have tried gluten free diets, casien free diets, multiple therapies and social groups, and now a medication cycle that includes having my son's blood tested for heavy metal levels and taking b-12 shots. We have no idea if some or any of these will work, but while my child is young and the most amount of progress can be made to his developingh brain, we are doing everything we can.

Now you can go back to your google search-smug fest.

TYVM, best of luck to you as well!

We have been very blessed for the move to North TX and that my wife is an absolute champ of research and fighting with insurance companies. We were lucky enough to have move when our son was still 2 in '06 and got the benefit of the Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) for TX and even more when we won a figh with the Insurance co (BCBS). to get treatment at Baylor's. Plus Frisco ISD has an excellent program and group of teachers.

I feel for you man, speech and occupational therapy (ot) worked wonders at Baylor. We did have to fight with BCBS but in the end we only paid the deductible ($35 per session which averaged about $500 a month). It did cover the all day long torturing Certified Autism test (50_ can't remember the number now). We have met our insurance catastrophic quota for 3 years in row now (and always by August or September), It's tough on the pockets but after that we can do labs and everything else without paying extra.

We have been scared of the medications and have stayed away from them so far, and instead have tried gluten free and casein free diets. Discovering that the gluten one (the casein didn't do anything but make him hungrier, lol) has worked the best to date, although he is not fully immersed in it so far. My wife also got some information from the ABA therapy and we still do some of the techniques, apply pressure in different areas (mostly the back, hands and legs), kinda like a rub. Singing soft smoothing songs or hummunig sounds works wonders as well.

We just had to do the 2nd part of a vaccine in order to keep him in the school system and I have to admit that the fear lurks in the back of your head. As such we are watching him closely. A regression (really possible with autism) would be devastating at this stage.

We tried the gluten/casein free diet, and then started looking at different options. When we started reintroducing those foods, we didnt see a damn bit of difference . . . :wacko: But that is what is so freaking frustrating, is that every child reacts differently to different treatments.

have you ever looked into the Pfeiffer Clinic? It involves blood tests of trace metals like zinc, copper and other metals and then starts a medication program that evens these out. We have also had GREAT experiences with b-12 shots and cod liver oil mixed in juice (for Omega-3s).

The therapies are three times a week, for social groups, speech therapy, and aquatherapy. basically bankrupting us one year at a time . . .thank GOD my wife is a stay at home mom (since my son was diagnosed) that was a early childhood education teacher, and she has been studying like mad every bit of research she can lay her hands on.

PS- Stay away from celation at all costs! that is drawing heavy metals out of the blood, and can really mess kids up. We discounted that theory early on . . but saw other families struggle with attempting it.

Best of luck . .. stay strong . . .

Who knows of vaccines are just a small piece of a larger puzzle that causes autism, like a hyper-allergic reaction to too many shots at once?

if that were the case, there would probably be some evidence of it. you know, higher rates among vaccinated kids than non-vaccinated in particular areas. but there is no such evidence out there. every legitimate study that's been done says there is no difference. there's as much evidence that vaccinations cause autism as there is that popcorn causes it. but if people want to stop giving their kids popcorn because they think there just might be a link, hey more power to them. but with vaccinations....your are endangering not only your kid, but because herd immunity fades when vaccination rates fall below ~90%, and because vaccines aren't always effective, you're also endangering everyone else's kids.

what's your response to this?

The biggest medical problem with the delayed schedule is that it leaves babies open to disease for a longer period of time. If a baby is vaccinated by the CDC's tried, tested and true vaccine schedule, that baby will have immunity to over 14 diseases by the age of two! With the CDC recommended schedule, babies visit their doctor five times in the first 15 months and receive protection against up to 14 diseases in as little as 18 shots if using combination vaccines, or as many as 26 shots if using individual antigens.

We immunize children so young against these diseases because infancy is the time period that kids are MOST vulnerable to life-threatening diseases. The people at greatest risk of dying from vaccine-preventable disease are the very young and the very old. We vaccinate to save lives.

On the delayed schedule, by 15 months of age children will have only received immunity against eight diseases. They miss out on measles, rubella, chickenpox, Hep A, and Hep B. By 15 months, children on this delayed schedule are given 17 shots and visit the doctor's office 9 times -- almost twice as many visits to the doctor as the CDC schedule.

if that were the case, there would probably be some evidence of it. you know, higher rates among vaccinated kids than non-vaccinated in particular areas. but there is no such evidence out there. every legitimate study that's been done says there is no difference. there's as much evidence that vaccinations cause autism as there is that popcorn causes it. but if people want to stop giving their kids popcorn because they think there just might be a link, hey more power to them. but with vaccinations....your are endangering not only your kid, but because herd immunity fades when vaccination rates fall below ~90%, and because vaccines aren't always effective, you're also endangering everyone else's kids.

what's your response to this?

This is such a much more complex issue than what it appears. More so when the response is: "it has not been proven", "no direct link can be traced", etc. Contrary than: "It is not possible", "It is medically improbable", etc.

However, I can only speak for myself, and I don't believe that our son is Autistic because of the immunization vaccines. We noticed his behavior very early and by the time he was 2 we went with the "official" testing. He is up to date with all vaccines and to this date (knocking on wood until my knuckles turn purple) we have not seen any regression.

But still, vaccination companies change just as much or more then we change parties with the Executive power. Who is to say that ingredients may or may not have been an influence, not only from the vaccines they have received but ourselves as parents. I know for a fact that for when I was growing up (I'm 42), DR's were treated as Mighty Deities (M.D.) and could do no wrong. Hell, or maybe of a derivative from all the drugs our parents used (Baby Boomers) , lol. What I'm trying to say is that the tests done are subjective to the evidence they had at the time. If it was related to vaccines at all, the time to study the ingredients is long gone.

Needless to say, Neurological disorders to include ASDs are on the rise. Maybe because of all these dam cell phones!

My reply question to you is:

What if it was your child with autism and you suspected it was because the vaccines? What would you do?

We tried the gluten/casein free diet, and then started looking at different options. When we started reintroducing those foods, we didnt see a damn bit of difference . . . :wacko: But that is what is so freaking frustrating, is that every child reacts differently to different treatments.

have you ever looked into the Pfeiffer Clinic? It involves blood tests of trace metals like zinc, copper and other metals and then starts a medication program that evens these out. We have also had GREAT experiences with b-12 shots and cod liver oil mixed in juice (for Omega-3s).

The therapies are three times a week, for social groups, speech therapy, and aquatherapy. basically bankrupting us one year at a time . . .thank GOD my wife is a stay at home mom (since my son was diagnosed) that was a early childhood education teacher, and she has been studying like mad every bit of research she can lay her hands on. Amen, exactly our case!

PS- Stay away from celation at all costs! that is drawing heavy metals out of the blood, and can really mess kids up. We discounted that theory early on . . but saw other families struggle with attempting it.

Best of luck . .. stay strong . . .

We know parents that have their kids on celation, they don't like us btw. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut seeing those kids with bags under their eyes and looking mal-nutritioned. They claim to have seen some changes, but still not progressing with the rest of the class, just too sad man.

Good Vibes!

What I'm trying to say is that the tests done are subjective to the evidence they had at the time. If it was related to vaccines at all, the time to study the ingredients is long gone.

My reply question to you is:

What if it was your child with autism and you suspected it was because the vaccines? What would you do?

I like to think that I'd look at the evidence. If the vaccine ingredients caused autism, why haven't autism rates gone down now that Thimerosol has been removed? Why is there no statistically significant difference in the rates of Autism between vaccinated and unvaccinated children? I feel for those with a developmentally challenged child, but looking at the evidence, I just don't see a connection.

• 9 months later...

Well, I just got a phone call saying that my three boys (ages 4, 3, and 7 months) may have all been exposed to whooping cough. They are all properly immunized, but the immunizations are not 100% effective.

Thanks a lot to the all of the a-holes who didn't get their own kids immunized so that this once-rare disease can now make a comeback. I'm much obliged :wacko:

I think the problem is less other kids and more adults who's immunization expired. I didn't realize how bad is it with adults spreading stuff until our pediatrician informed us.

Good luck to your boys and stay healthy!

Thanks for the well-wishes.

As for your first comment, don't dissuade me from hating on the hippies. ;-)

Speaking as a parent with an autistic child . . . .. the struggle going through this with no support from insurance companies (who dont cover most treatments, cause autism either is a "pre existing condition" or suggested therapies arent covered/recognized by insurance as valid) and without having any idea of what has caused this or what can be done to help/prevent it is maddening.

This jagoff should burn in hell for having people doubt vaccines and put children at risk of disease . . .

Agreed. I also have an autistic child and this BS puts thousands of kids at risk. :wacko: