[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SNOW in Texas .... LOTS of snow

Grits and Shins

DFW is currently reporting 5.5 inches of snow (real snow too ... not a sleet/snow mixture) and forecasting 12 more hours of snow. I believe this is the biggest snow storm I've ever seen in Texas. Kids went to school but were released early. Roads are okay now (slushy/wet) but will be bad tomorrow when the temperatures dip below freezing.

Earlier today I was working from home and detected that my neighbor was attempting to get his car into his driveway. How did I detect this you might ask? I could hear his tires spinning as he was trying to go up his driveway. They'd spin for awhile ... he'd get out and throw something under the tires (sand/salt/whatever) and try again. Obviously he never considered the implications of what would happen if his tires ever did catch traction ... that would have been worth watching. He tried that for awhile and then decided to see if the same approach would work backing up ... I didn't. Finally he clued in and scrapped the slush off his driveway and achieved partial success ... he backed most of the way into his garage (couldn't close the door). I can't tell you how much I wanted to see him launch his car into his garage.

I can't tell you how much I wanted to see him launch his car into his garage.

It is unfortunate that it is not surprising how many people don't get it. LOL That would have been a thing of beauty to see for sure.

Texas and snow. Who would have thought?

And we dont have any snow on the ground in NW Montana. I miss me some sledding..

We have "Winterfest" here in Central Oregon this weekend with no snow and the forecast is for high in the low 50's and rain :wacko: I don't think it is even supposed to get down to freezing.

The ice sculpture contest will be amusing when they all melt into a pool of water.

How did I detect this you might ask? I could hear his tires spinning as he was trying to go up his driveway. They'd spin for awhile ... he'd get out and throw something under the tires (sand/salt/whatever) and try again. Obviously he never considered the implications of what would happen if his tires ever did catch traction ... that would have been worth watching. He tried that for awhile and then decided to see if the same approach would work backing up ... I didn't. Finally he clued in and scrapped the slush off his driveway and achieved partial success ... he backed most of the way into his garage (couldn't close the door). I can't tell you how much I wanted to see him launch his car into his garage.

texans and snow, man what a beautiful combination to watch. wish I was down there with a camcorder.

I've got close to 6" of snow in my yard, and they are saying we could get another inch or two. This is the most we've had since 1982. Everyone is taking the day off. When the kids wake up, we will build the biggest snowman we can.