[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

a rather poorly chosen metaphor

Azazello1313

Conservatives could learn a lot from Tiger Woods' wife Elin, Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty said at the Conservative Political Action Conference today.

"She said, I've had enough," Pawlenty said. "We should take a page out of her playbook and take a 9-iron and smash the window out of big government."

:wacko:

Why not keep it instate?

Pawlenty-Bachmann 2012!!! :wacko:

The constitution does not allow for an elector in the Electoral College to vote for both candidates on the ticket if both reside in the same state under the Habitation Clause. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amend...es_Constitution

Edited by Big John

The constitution does not allow for an elector in the Electoral College to vote for both candidates on the ticket if both reside in the same state under the Habitation Clause. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelfth_Amend...es_Constitution

One can just change their residency like Cheney did to become eligible.

Well I guess both parties have now decided to appeal to our basest instincts to get our votes.

It looks likes it's Hope and Change versus Hate and Anger.

As for the metaphor, it is not poorly chosen, as repubs are now trying desperatley to appeal to that hateful angry mass. That is exactly what he wanted to say, in exactly the tone he wanted, as bushwhacked pointed out they are making crashing into the IRS building joke material for crying out loud. heck, he even got to get in a deniable racist sentiment. The main problem is that it is such a god awfully tortured metaphor.

Isn't he saying after all that we should all be hot swedish chicks?

I'm not at CPAC because I believe in America. I believe in liberty. I believe that governments should be held in check. I believe people matter. I believe in the flag not because of its shape or color but because of the principles it stands for--the principles in the Constitution, the principles repeated and underlined and highlighted and boldfaced and italicized in the Bill of Rights. The George W. whose presidency and precedents I admire was the first president, not the 43d. It is James Madison I admire, not John Yoo. Thomas Paine, not Glenn Beck. Jefferson, not Limbaugh.

Ronald Reagan would not have been welcome at today's CPAC or a tea party rally, but he would not have wanted to be there, either.

--Mickey Edwards, former chair of CPAC

edit to add link: http://correspondents.theatlantic.com/mick...not_at_cpac.php

Edited by wiegie