[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cousin moved to Vegas

matt770

Chief Friday Night Poker Dick could crush his dreams in one night if the family votes tough love intervention :wacko:

Moneymakers software rips the heart and soul out of you. If you survive the life tilt of having no idea how many chips you or all your opponent's have at any given time throughout a SnG, then you haven't experienced real poker. I wish him luck.

• 5 months later...

So I picked up the cousin from the airport last week. He looked and sounded happier than I've ever seen him. He made more money playing cards than at his old job, and mentioned the female scene more than once. He played in a WSOP satellite and was close to chip leader until he took a terrible beat, losing with pocket tens to pocket deuces when a deuce hit on the river.

He's back home indefinitely to check out the new poker room at Delaware Park and may still end up moving back to Vegas permanently. I've gone from concerned to pretty damn jealous. :wacko:

Untateve already has that market nailed down.

I thought the union ran him back to Sam's Town in Laughlin where he earns $14 the hard way?

Chief Friday Night Poker Dick could crush his dreams in one night if the family votes tough love intervention :wacko:

I played in the Chief Dick tourney once and made second. I think they got smart for they have never invited me back. Anytime, anyplace. :tup:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Glad it ended up working out. This thread came to mind a few times over the past few months. I can't remember the beginning of the post and I'm much too lazy to go back a full page, but why did he end up coming back? Was this part of the plan the whole time?

How many of us are now going to get the brilliant idea to go try this?

Glad it ended up working out. This thread came to mind a few times over the past few months. I can't remember the beginning of the post and I'm much too lazy to go back a full page, but why did he end up coming back? Was this part of the plan the whole time?

How many of us are now going to get the brilliant idea to go try this?

His house, car, and most of his possessions are still on the east coast. The last 5 months were to test the waters. I would bet he moves there permanently at some point, just based on how much he seemed to enjoy it.

I know a kid that now calls himself a professional gambler. He's the same age as my kid and they were good friends in school. He's always talking trash about how much money he makes. But sometimes he doesn't always have the cash he needs when he needs it.

I'm sure that gamblers like to talk about the wins more than the losses. It probably isn't as rosy of a picture as they describe.

it's all part of the poker face. I know of two guys that tried to be pro, one went broke in a month and came back to waiting on tables and the other is probably dead or pimping himself out for small bills. Making a living by playing cards is about as dependable as a 2 watt bulb.

My wife had a professional gambler in her family. He lived down in Tiawana and I don't think it was very exotic or anything. I saw him once, (he's now deceased) when we had to pick him up at the bus depot during a visit. He had his entire posessions in a bag and the cops told him to move along before we were able to get there to pick him up. Yea, that's the life for me.

Edited by MikesVikes