[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's a random thing that happened to me

cliaz

No idea how it happen and no idea exactly when it happened but tomorrow night I'm going to be going to this place in Maryland near T_Bone65's neck of the woods called Gaberial's Inn. It just closed it doors for good back on Valentines day after 40 years as a french restaurant but was an asylum for mentally disturbed females for 80 years before it became a restaurant. I'm going to be on a session with the ghost hunting team from Animal Planet's show The Haunted. :wacko:

I read this and thought to myself that if anyone else besides you or polk had posted this I would have wondered what was going on, but with the two of you I would just think "that sounds about right". Have fun.

Edited by wiegie

No idea how it happen and no idea exactly when it happened but tomorrow night I'm going to be going to this place in Maryland near T_Bone65's neck of the woods called Gaberial's Inn. It just closed it doors for good back on Valentines day after 40 years as a french restaurant but was an asylum for mentally disturbed females for 80 years before it became a restaurant. I'm going to be on a session with the ghost hunting team from Animal Planet's show The Haunted. :wacko:

I want to know when this airs. I would LOOOOOVE to do this sort of thing.

So why did they ask you to be a part of this?

Ever since Ghost Busters when Dr. Raymond (dan a.) was getting diddled by the ghost chick, I've always wanted to nail one. It's an acceptable form of necrophilia.

ETA - i miss read your post, I thought you asked why I did. I work with one of the PRRS founders. He came to be back in October of last year and told me I had to watch Haunted on AP on Dec 7th. I asked him why and he just told me that he would remind me in Dec to watch it. Earlier this week he came by my desk and asked me what I was doing Friday night. I said nothing really and he asked if I wanted to come aboard as a guest/observer. The show they did for AP is one where there is a pool of 12 different groups and 1 to 3 groups get on an episode depending on length of the story. Now they were asked to do their own show (I believe something like 7 episodes for 1 season) and to expand enough in size (they were 5 and now 10) so they could split into 2 different groups in order to have diversity for an hour long show.

I mean, why the hell not, right. I've always wanted to do this just to do it. But check it, I was told I have to wear a black shirt and what type of pants to wear - they would provide me with correct flash light, equipment, ect. Something about cameras with night vision wont pick you up right and make it hard to see what you are doing when being filmed.

Edited by cliaz

and if I am filmed/interviewed, I'm totally gonna drop huddle slang :wacko:

"Well, I thought I heard a noise and figure it was one of the momos from the other team but it turned out to be nothing more than a hugh rat."

Could you ask them why white folks choose to go into a haunted house willingly?

What I am going to do is ask them why does it have always be at night and with no lights on. Do ghosts come out only if it's dark and you have the lights off?

My wife says these shows are pure Christian propaganda. Slip that into the conversation.

I was trying to come up with some crackpot theory to say should I be asked but want it to be something that hardcore Necro fans that are into this crap would go, "Hey, that sounds possible."

Something like, "Well, we use devices like EMF detectors and infrared, etc because what we call spirit energy is really the left over signature of trans-dimensional ethereal creatures that latch on to us at birth. The reason we grow old and die is because these creates begin sucking our life force. After we die, they have to find another infant newborn within a day to latch on to or they are stuck roaming the earth, lost. Hence ghosts."

When I got there, i was kind of hanging around and no one was really doing nothing. Then we all were whisked into the main building and sat in this old dining room. After a few minutes a local historian chick came in and gave us some general guide lines once everything started with the "dos" and "donts". Then I had to sign a waiver. The historian chick then gave us a tour of the buildings. It was like four large Victorian homes with weird breezeways connecting all of them. It had a stand alone root cellar (creepy) and surrounded by all of these bungalow outer building and it's built on the side of a gradual slope. During the tour the historian chick talked about the civil war battles fought around the Gabierl's Inn, weird famous people like Houdini and Frederick Abel came through, and who the owners of the place was during a period in history.

The overall area of this place was 19 acres and there were all sorts of broken land around it and had several actual cave openings. She took us into this one building that was a hospital for women with various mental issues, it had not be painted or anything since the 50s. Anyways, we were broken down into three teams and told what part of the place to cover. We got the root cellar. Of course.

So I'm in the group with that guy I work with and some other girl. We had an EMF detector, an infrared camera, temperature gun, and a DVR between us and each of us had a camera to take photos (which apparently I have no 'ghost hunting etiquette' when taking pictures :wacko:). We go out to the cellar and it is about what you would expect, this small shed like thing that had these narrow, steep, busted up steps going down into the darkness.

I was half expecting Buffalo Bill come dancing in to Bye Bye Horses, it so looked just like his basement (minus all the ghey). I can't tell you all anymore at this time but I can show you one of my photos. I opened up the power room door and snapped this photo in infrared.