[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting Old sucks....

rocknrobn26

Thank you all! Much appreciated. :wacko:

Update:

Forgot to mention that the wife needs female surgery (Doc?) in May and she won't be able to help my Mom for 2 weeks min., and my Mom won't let me help her. Any advice in that category will be greatly appreciated, ie temporary nurse(?) or some help to bathe and help her dress.

Nilly (our dog) went thru the surgery just fine (an infected wart on her paw that was getting pretty bad), but after peeing and pooping last night around 6pm, she hasn't hardly moved. We tried, but she won't/can't use her front left front paw and her rear legs are too weak to support the weight. We should have forgone the surgery (backward thinking) and let the pieces fall where they may, but whats done is done. Our Vet is great! I have total trust in his opinions and I'm not blaming him. We have a call into the Vet as neither my wife nor I can get her to the car as we were supposed to take her in tomorrow for a bandage replacement. Hopefully he can come here and if nothing else put her down. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks again. This chit storm won't be over for quite awhile, but we do appreciate the help w/ your Huddle support. :D

Hangin' in there as best we can...

Mr. and Mrs. rr26

:wacko:

rr,

If I can answer any questions regarding your wife's surgery, you know you can always call, PM, or e-mail me at any time.

I'm still praying for you.

I didn't want to make John's post less important, so I'll just write here.

Nilly is gone.

The Vet just left. When he came thru the door she actually limped up a short set of stairs to greet him, yet over the last 2 days she wouldn't even get up from her bed. She was one crazy mutt, not your typical lab. I think Sky called her "a little twitchy" and that nails it. But we loved her as much as any dog we've had. We're gonna miss her a lot.

Thanks again.

Nilly is gone.

The Vet just left. When he came thru the door she actually limped up a short set of stairs to greet him, yet over the last 2 days she wouldn't even get up from her bed. She was one crazy mutt, not your typical lab. I think Sky called her "a little twitchy" and that nails it. But we loved her as much as any dog we've had. We're gonna miss her a lot.

Thanks again.

So sorry. What an dog-gone awful day :wacko:

Nilly is gone.

Thanks again.

sorry to hear that RR.

Awww Tom.....I'm so sorry. Silly Nilly......what a card! I love your Nilly Stories.

What a great dog.....with great parents!! Cherish her memories, dearheart....I'm sorry for your loss.

TY Jules...ya had to meet her to appreciate her "twitchyness". She was a nutball but loved us and many others. We will cherish her memories. It was so great to have her Vet here, who also loved her as she him. We had our time w/ her, we said our goodbyes, and she was peaceful. The home visit was perfect!

I may call you, but not til later. I'm not good w/ this kinda chit and would rather just do my internal stuff. Hope you understand, but Thanks.

Tom

TY Jules...ya had to meet her to appreciate her "twitchyness". She was a nutball but loved us and many others. We will cherish her memories. It was so great to have her Vet here, who also loved her as she him. We had our time w/ her, we said our goodbyes, and she was peaceful. The home visit was perfect!

I may call you, but not til later. I'm not good w/ this kinda chit and would rather just do my internal stuff. Hope you understand, but Thanks.

Tom

I understand hun. Give it a few days....then call. :wacko:

It's been pretty weird w/ 3 people in the house and it's too quiet. I keep looking for her and then realize... 35+ years w/ dogs and only about 3 weeks in that period w/o one. We're not sure what to do next but we're talking about it. No knee jerk reactions either way.

BTW, Doc, I'll PM you for a good time to talk, but I'll have to talk to the wife and get a good definition of the problem.

Thanks again all. As usual the Huddlers help/support other Huddlers and that is something money can't buy. :wacko:

Tom and Carol