[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New Tiger Woods Nike Commercial

keggerz

Good or Bad  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good or bad commercial?

• Good job on the commercial
    • Are you kidding me? What is Nike thinking this is horrible.
    • Puddy

This HAS to be a joke where someone doctored a video with his dad's voice.

If not, it is a blatantly desperate attempt from both crappy shoes from spammers and Tiger to get him back in the good graces with the general public that falls WAYYYY short of it's desired effect.

Edited by millerx

This is 100% real. It was on CNN this morning.

I look forward to the Masters every year, and I have enjoyed watching golf so far this year without hearing the announcers giving Tiger a balloon work every time he hits the ball. ESPN has 50% of their news coverage covering Tiger. The tournament hasn't even started and I am already sick of it. Between the Yankees and Tiger ESPN has become worthless this week.

Sorry rant over.

This is 100% real. It was on CNN this morning.

I look forward to the Masters every year, and I have enjoyed watching golf so far this year without hearing the announcers giving Tiger a balloon work every time he hits the ball. ESPN has 50% of their news coverage covering Tiger. The tournament hasn't even started and I am already sick of it. Between the Yankees and Tiger ESPN has become worthless this week.

Sorry rant over.

Meh, once it starts, hopefully Ernie or Phil will mop the course with him and that will be the story. The Masters is always great to watch regardless; a tight leaderboard just makes it more exciting. Which is what I expect to see, I don't see Tiger contending for the jacket this year.

And meh to this commercial too. I don't hate it but it's kind of pointless.

Also, kudos to Billy Payne for telling it like it is.

Hey Sailor! New in town??? kinda commercial was that?!?!!? Oh, yeah, and am I imagining it or does it look like tiger is trying to grow a goatee, a very weak attempt at growing a goatee I must say. Looks like he was trying to suck pudding out of a bowl and forgot to wash his face off.

I'm in the minority.

I thought it was really well done and I'd like to see Tiger come back and win by 10 strokes this week.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tiger win either. But the commercial is laughable because ole Earl would be fist bumping Tiger for all the banging...not scolding him. Earl was a player too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Tiger win either. But the commercial is laughable because ole Earl would be fist bumping Tiger for all the banging...not scolding him. Earl was a player too.

Maybe, but the public perception is that Earl was Tiger's moral compass. And when his dad died, he lost his way.

Now dad's back in his head and suggesting that Tiger has his moral compass back.

Not saying it's believable, I mean the dude IS dead after all, but I do think the commercial is effective.

I guess I question the thinking of Tiger and crappy shoes from spammers using the voice of his deceased father to sell drivers and golf balls. Not impressed with the decision. This will open Earl Woods' life to the media, who could possible run stories about his life good and bad aspects of it. God knows they are reaching at every straw to get the next big Tiger story this week.

It definitely doesn't propel me to purchase crappy shoes from spammers products, nor does it adjust my thinking on what Tiger did to his family.

I guess I question the thinking of Tiger and crappy shoes from spammers using the voice of his deceased father to sell drivers and golf balls.

You can also make the case that it's putting Tiger's behavior itself into a commercial to sell drivers and golf balls. Behavior that tears families apart and scars kids for life. The more I watch it the more it creeps me out.

You can also make the case that it's putting Tiger's behavior itself into a commercial to sell drivers and golf balls. Behavior that tears families apart and scars kids for life. The more I watch it the more it creeps me out.

Same here. A voice from beyond is selling us golf equipment?

I'd love to see keep winning, because he isn't paid to be a moral role model.

that's easy for us to say but it's really not the case though. When you get paid as much as he does to represent a company you are obligated to set a good image for it period. We can pass off that judgement easily because lets face it, none off us get paid millions to stand around in crappy shoes from spammers gear, drink gatorade, use a gillette razor etc. We PAY for that stuff, to pay him, his job is to keep his nose clean.

On the reverse of that though, I'd love to see him win for golf itself, lets face it, without Tiger golf ratings go down the toilet, nobody cares, he opened Golf up to the world. just my 2 cents

That's EXACTLY how I interpreted it. It certainly caused any respect I had for crappy shoes from spammers to significantly decrease.

Meh, let's look at this for what it really is - crappy shoes from spammers was making a ton of money off of Tiger and this is their way of publically punishing him so they can get back to using Tiger for their golf products.

People that love tiger will love the commercial and those that hate him won't. You're talking about it so obviously it's working otherwise it wouldn't be effective advertising - positive or negative crappy shoes from spammers is getting the brand recognition it wanted.