[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cartman really did it this time

BillyBalata

Muslim group warns 'South Park' creators of death

By DAVID BAUDER AP Television Writer The Associated Press

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 6:39 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — A radical Muslim group has warned the creators of "South Park" that they could face violent retribution for depicting the prophet Muhammad in a bear suit during last week's episode.

The website RevolutionMuslim.com has since been taken down, but a cached version shows the message to "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone. The article's author, Abu Talhah Al-Amrikee of New York, said the men "outright insulted" the religious leader.

The posting showed a gruesome picture of Theo Van Gogh, a Dutch filmmaker who was shot and stabbed to death in an Amsterdam street in 2004 by a fanatic angered by his film about Muslim women. The film was written by a Muslim woman who rejected the Prophet Muhammad as a guide for today's morality.

"We have to warn Matt and Trey that what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show," Al-Amrikee wrote. "This is not a threat, but a warning of the reality of what will likely happen to them."

The posting listed the addresses of Comedy Central's New York office and Parker and Stone's California production office. It also linked to a Huffington Post article that described a Colorado retreat owned by the two men.

CNN, which first reported the posting, said the New York-based website is known for postings in support of Osama bin Laden and jihad, or holy war, against the West.

Al-Amrikee told The Associated Press in a phone call Wednesday that the posting was made to raise awareness of the issue and to see that it does not happen again. Asked if Parker and Stone should feel threatened by it, he said "they should feel threatened by what they did."

He said he was disappointed that publicity about the posting focused more on the potential danger to the producers but admitted, "I could shoulder some blame" for it.

He said he "can't answer that legally" when asked if his group favored jihad. But he praised bin Laden.

"We look up to him and admire him for the sacrifices he has given for the religion," he said.

Last week's episode, the 200th for the cheeky and often vulgar cartoon, was intended to feature many of the personalities and groups that Parker and Stone insulted during the series' run.

In 2006, Comedy Central banned the men from showing an image of Muhammad on their show. They had intended to comment on the controversy created by a Danish newspaper's publishing of caricatures of the Islamic leader. Muslims consider any physical representation of their prophet to be blasphemous.

Instead, "South Park" showed an image of Jesus Christ defecating on President George W. Bush and the American flag.

Comedy Central and the show's producers would not comment.

I work in NYC. One time , less than a year after 9/11, there was a muslim march right down broadway. I work in the garment center which is a pretty Jewish industry. One of the businesses hung the flag of Israel out the first floor windo of a building on broadway while the marchers where stopped and praying. You have never seen people go so insane. They literally climbed the construction scaffold so they could rip it down , then they tore it to shreds.

I work in NYC. One time , less than a year after 9/11, there was a muslim march right down broadway. I work in the garment center which is a pretty Jewish industry. One of the businesses hung the flag of Israel out the first floor windo of a building on broadway while the marchers where stopped and praying. You have never seen people go so insane. They literally climbed the construction scaffold so they could rip it down , then they tore it to shreds.

? And the police were where? Dunkin Doughnuts? No offense but I'm a bit skeptical about this.

That said, I'm sick to fn death of how we cower to bully aholes like this, even in our own country. Not saying all Muslims are violent or general POS fruitcakes, but it's far more common w/them and the rest of the world just takes it. I'm just about ready to say turn the middle east into glass. f-you, f- your so called prophet, your horrific treatment of women and well pretty much everybody who dares to disagree w/you. etc etc. Let's see him save you from this baby nuke.

I hope I'm not being too subtle about this.

PS and however I'm no fan of SP any more either. For most part stopped being funny a long time ago and it's all this "shock jock" BS where they're way over the top nasty/vulgar/etc (even for them) just to get attention and prove the have an "edge." :wacko: Lame.

Edited by BeeR

? And the police were where? Dunkin Doughnuts? No offense but I'm a bit skeptical about this.

That said, I'm sick to fn death of how we cower to bully aholes like this, even in our own country. Not saying all Muslims are violent or general POS fruitcakes, but it's far more common w/them and the rest of the world just takes it. I'm just about ready to say turn the middle east into glass. f-you, f- your prophet, your horrific treatment of women and well pretty much everybody who dares to disagree w/you. Let's see him save you from this baby nuke.

:wacko:

Might be tough to find that many virgins.

There were thousands of people up and down broadway and it took about 4 minutes for the dude to climb up and pull the flag down. Why the hell would I make this up ?

Edited by whomper

That said, I'm sick to fn death of how we cower to bully aholes like this, even in our own country. Not saying all Muslims are violent or general POS fruitcakes, but it's far more common w/them and the rest of the world just takes it. I'm just about ready to say turn the middle east into glass. f-you, f- your so called prophet, your horrific treatment of women and well pretty much everybody who dares to disagree w/you. etc etc. Let's see him save you from this baby nuke.

PS and however I'm no fan of SP any more either. For most part stopped being funny a long time ago and it's all this "shock jock" BS where they're way over the top nasty/vulgar/etc (even for them) just to get attention and prove the have an "edge." :wacko: Lame.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you on this point. I was going to start a topic along these lines. It seems like everything we do here is an affront to Islam and whent hey complain about something we seem to bend over backward to appease their sensibilities. Installing prayer rooms into airports, footbaths in restrooms, etc...

Though, I don't think nukeing them is the answer, I think we're better off saying "look, you're in our country, founded on Judaeo-Christian values, if you don't like the way we do things over here... Delta's ready when you are..." Then again I feel pretty much the same with with a large number of groups who continuously complain about the "inequity" they face in America.

Likely your insecure feelings of inadequacy, and you're reaching new lows in your quest for attention.

That, or you are mistaking your recollection for a Cowboys parade from the mid-70s.

:wacko: I just want BeeR to like me . It's because i am black from the waist down isnt it ?

There were thousands of people up and down broadway and it took about 4 minutes for the dude to climb up and pull the flag down. Why the hell would I make this up ?

You said:

"You have never seen people go so insane. They literally climbed the construction scaffold so they could rip it down , then they tore it to shreds."

FYI that doesn't exactly sound QUITE the same as one guy quickly scurrying up there and taking the flag down. I wasn't even aware that "one" equalled "all" or even a "they." My bad; must be new math - or is this an Ebonics thing?

As for being black, it would appear you've got it from the waist up, not down.

Though, I don't think nukeing them is the answer, I think we're better off saying "look, you're in our country, founded on Judaeo-Christian values, if you don't like the way we do things over here... Delta's ready when you are..." Then again I feel pretty much the same with with a large number of groups who continuously complain about the "inequity" they face in America.

And you expect them to just up n move from the same place which they allege is so horrible? Dreamer!

You said:

"You have never seen people go so insane. They literally climbed the construction scaffold so they could rip it down , then they tore it to shreds."

FYI that doesn't exactly sound QUITE the same as one guy quickly scurrying up there and taking the flag down. I wasn't even aware that "one" equalled "all" or even a "they." My bad; must be new math - or is this an Ebonics thing?

As for being black, it would appear you've got it from the waist up, not down.

Let me explain for the Joy impaired.

Broadway was full of Muslim men that were having an organized rally. Tempers flared a lot because pro Israel people were yelling from their buildings. At one point someone hung the flag of Israel out of their window. This happened during a time when the men where stopped and praying. These men saw that and became enraged and climbed a scaffold to get to the flag. One man got to it first , pulled it out and threw it down and the other men tore it and ripped at it like wild animals. I know posting this makes me wildly cool among the youngins but figured I would share a pretty simple story that related to the thread :wacko: