[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cats

SEC=UGA

I drove them out about 25 miles onto a dirt road and dropped them off.

As the initial post is wrong in so many ways, the above is the worst part. Besides being a theft, it was a very cruel thing to do to both the cats and the owner. Who gives you the right to act as a vigilante? :wacko:

Though I am not a big fan of cats there have been a few that I got to like very much. Can't believe anyone would be so proud of a major wrong doing.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As the initial post is wrong in so many ways, the above is the worst part. Besides being a theft, it was a very cruel thing to do to both the cats and the owner. Who gives you the right to act as a vigilante? :wacko:

Though I am not a big fan of cats there have been a few that I got to like very much. Can't believe anyone would be so proud of a major wrong doing.

Puhlease... her unsanitary little sumbitches were actively trying to destroy my property.

:tup:

Edited by SEC=UGA

I love animals, most of them any way. But over my years of life I have really come to hate cats. Maybe it is because I'm allergic to them. They get around me and my eyes swell up, I have a little trouble breathing and at times will break out in hives. This was especially true when I was younger and from there my distaste for these animals just grew.............

Sounds like your issues have less to do with cats, and more to do with the people you interact with. :wacko:

I don't particularly care for cats all that much, either, but there much less high-maintenance than dogs. From what I've seen, they don't shlt on the floor unless you don't provide them a litter box, or you don't clean it often enough. And, they won't jump up on things if you train them not to. So, it sounds like the cat owners you know are the ones that are pigs, not the cats themselves.

As far as them killing things, the more birds, mice, and other little rodents they kill, the better off the world will be, IMO. :tup:

You sound like the kind of neighbor I would have had fun with as a kid... nothing better than an old yeller type of dog to use as target practice with a pellet gun. :tup:

I, nor any of the people I know that own cats, are any of those things you mention in your bigoted tirade.

I know this lady that has around 14 or 15 cats. Some of them are of a size that they have been known to kill dogs. I wonder if I can talk her into moving in next door to you.

Maybe we should be talking about eradicating the domestic southerner. That would make the world a better place for sure.

Excellent point.

You sound like the kind of neighbor I would have had fun with as a kid... nothing better than an old yeller type of dog to use as target practice with a pellet gun. :wacko:

Animal cruelty is no laughing matter.

Isnt more the stigmata of cats associated with batdiaper dirt crazy people like in your description? How is that the fault of the cat? You can do that with almost any animal owner if they are crazy and dont know how to take care of their pets.

I have a batdiaper dirt crazy neighbor that thinks racoons are like cats. She feeds them every evening and has made a "home" for them in her storage shed. The freakin things are as big as dogs. If I ever see one close to my house I will start carrying like Perch and "draw down" on it.

Anyone ever watch the show Hoarders? They had one in New Mexico where there were over 100 cats in one house. About 70ish were alive . . .:puke:

Can't say I condone it either, but I have to say I understand the frustration. He tried reasoning with the woman, but she was an ignorant cow. Most places don't have leash laws for cats, so an owner is free to keep dozens of them and let them go wherever the hell they want. While outside they destroy property, hunt birds and multiply like rabbits. IMO, owners who do this give up their rights as pet owners. It's now just a wild animal that is conditioned to come into your home because you give it Meow Mix. I wish he was able to trap all 9 of the little bastards instead of just two, maybe the woman would have learned a lesson. But I would have taken them to the SPCA.

Like I said before, it sounds like the people are the problem, not the cats. We own two cats, and no dogs. I actually prefer dogs, personally... We just don't have the time to deal with a dog, and we go out of town too frequently for it to work... not to mention it would either not be fair to the dog (to leave it alone that often), or it would cost an arm and a leg to send it to a "dog hotel" a half-dozen times per year (or more). Cats can be left for a week or longer, with no issues... Give them a little extra water/food, and they're all good.

Ours sleep, eat, and shlt outside... My wife has maybe gone overboard, in how accomodating she has been for them (I kid that she's becoming a "cat lady"). She has an insulated hut/shed for them to sleep in, and has "cat-proofed" the entire backyard fence so that they can not get out of the yard. Keeps them out of trouble, keeps them from annoying neighbors, but also helps keep raccoons out of our yard (since they apparently love cat food). We let them (the cats) inside when we're around, but they know better than to jump on the kitchen counter or scratch furniture. Doesn't mean they don't "forget" occasionally, but that's nothing a couple of sprays from a water bottle won't cure. :tup: Ours are both male, and are fixed, so spraying on things is a non-issue as well. Once again, it goes back to the owners... If they are idiots, they will allow cats to ruin their homes/belongings.

As far as shooting at dogs, I was kidding (for the most part). I got into my fair share of trouble as a kid (and a lot of it DID involve shooting at things with BB/pellet guns), but I only remember actually shooting at a dog once... it was a stray lab that was trying to "mate" with our cockerspaniel. Couldn't get the thing to leave her alone, so I had to resort to scaring it off with a harmless BB gun. Trust me... it was far from inhumane... my brothers used to shoot those things at each other all the time. We're lucky all four of us still have two good eyes to see out of. :wacko:

Again, I prefer dogs, but there is absolutely no question that they are far more high-maintenance. We also rent a home in which a dog would not be an option right now. If the owners aren't pigs, cats are actually very "clean" animals... much cleaner than dogs, in fact. I agree that most cats tend to lack "personality"... but again, that tends to be something that is in the eye of the beholder. Ask anybody who has a cat that they love, and they'll tell you that it has just as much personality as any dog. May not be as "vocal", so to speak, but a dog that won't stop barking is ten times as annoying as any cat I've ever encountered.

The biggest problem with cats, to be honest, is that stray ones do seem to reproduce like crazy... If you stop and think about why that is the case, though, it's actually not because they reproduce so much more/quicker than dogs, it's because they're much more self-sufficient than dogs. If that makes them evil, vile creatures in your opinion, then so be it, but at least they can fend for themselves, unlike certain groups of people, who not only reproduce too much, but fail to provide for themselves at the same time.

Did you really think we weren't going to read all th way to the end?

You're probably the only one who did... I tend to write novels (referring to length, not quality) on these boards sometimes. :wacko:

Trust me... the last thing anybody would call me is a cat lover. That said, I just think they sometimes get a bad rap, when the majority of their "issues" are created by braindead owners who shouldn't be allowed to own a pencil, much less an animal.

Trust me... the last thing anybody would call me is a cat lover. That said, I just think they sometimes get a bad rap, when the majority of their "issues" are created by braindead owners who shouldn't be allowed to own a pencil, much less an animal.

This.

Well, this and numbskulls from Georgia.

Cat haters are unsophisticated beasts who need the adoration of dependent, drooling dogs to satisfy their feelings of inadequacy. :wacko:

My cats are clean, well-behaved, and do not make my entire house smell. My cats are loyal and attentive. In fact, I've never had a cat who was unduly aloof or bitchy. I think it has everything to do with how the pet is raised/trained and that goes for any species.