[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol, 2018?

darin3

Just finished watchin' American Idol... and for you west coasters, I'll shut up. :tup:

But yeah, my wife shot me this link and instead of burying it in the YouTube thread, I have to post it in it's own.

:wacko:

And :tup: at the first comment.

Okay let start by saying that I don't mind showing my ghey side. I have seen this kid before this and thought that he has crazy talent. I saw him on the Ellen show when she anounced that she was starting a record lable with this kid being her first project.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/05/greyso...en_vod_0526.php

Yeah, I hear ya skip. I mean, talent is talent.

Of course, I had to hear from my WIFE that Ellen DeGeneres had started a label just so she could sign him. :wacko:

Charice Pempengco is still my favorite internet teen sensation. Little friggin diva is awesome and doesn't speak English very well.

Her as an unknown 2 years ago.

Her a year and a half ago

(Toni live first, then Charice live after)

Live from Los Angeles last year, singing another Celine Dion song during a David Foster & friends tour

Oh and to say on the ghey tip.. she also performed on the Ellen show.

Edited by Riffraff

Just finished watchin' American Idol... and for you west coasters, I'll shut up. :tup:

But yeah, my wife shot me this link and instead of burying it in the YouTube thread, I have to post it in it's own.

Of course, I had to hear from my WIFE that Ellen DeGeneres had started a label just so she could sign him. :lol:

riigggghhhtttt

Do you mean where the person doesn't like the arrangement? Because they're right. It's jerky as hell. Obviously the kid's got chops and amazing voice and delivery. But the rendition is jerky as hell. I'm not familiar with the song he's doing, so I don't have that to compare it to, but unto itself...

It sort of reminds me of listening to one of the guitar virtuosos just cram a bunch of hammer-ons and arpeggios together. Stunning to be sure but the lack of polish makes me lose interest. As I did in this video.

Granted, the kid is 12, but as long as we're going to canonize him, we might as well point out what he is doing wrong.

Oh, and as for Idol. The next time I watch that show will be the first.

Do you mean where the person doesn't like the arrangement? Because they're right. It's jerky as hell. Obviously the kid's got chops and amazing voice and delivery. But the rendition is jerky as hell. I'm not familiar with the song he's doing, so I don't have that to compare it to, but unto itself...

It sort of reminds me of listening to one of the guitar virtuosos just cram a bunch of hammer-ons and arpeggios together. Stunning to be sure but the lack of polish makes me lose interest. As I did in this video.

Granted, the kid is 12, but as long as we're going to canonize him, we might as well point out what he is doing wrong.

Oh, and as for Idol. The next time I watch that show will be the first.

I can't watch youtube at work, so I don't know. But if it's the same song as in the Ellen link then he wrote it himself. At 12, yeah, I think he deserves the credit he's getting. What were you doing at 12 to be so critical? :wacko:

I can't watch youtube at work, so I don't know. But if it's the same song as in the Ellen link then he wrote it himself. At 12, yeah, I think he deserves the credit he's getting. What were you doing at 12 to be so critical? :wacko:

You know, to be honest, I probably wouldn't have made a point of bringing it up had the notion of someone else doing so not been singled out and laughed at. Again, that person has a point. Once again, assuming that was the comment that Darin was referring to.

How often do make a big deal about the problem with pro athletes is because they've been told they're god since the time they were 12? Well, there you have it. We can laugh at the notion of even questioning anything this kid does and then, guess what, the kid can do no wrong and he becomes a hyper-entitled a-hole that becomes intolerable by the time he's 18 and never amounts to crap other than being a 12 year old internet sensation. Or we can say, OK kid, you're an amazing musician and an even better singer, but you need to work on your arrangement. Is that really so awful?

No, I wasn't doing anything remotely as impressive as this kid when I was 12. And as a result, nobody was having me go on TV shows and saying I was the next great thing. Thus, as a result, there was essentially no reason at all to scrutinize my efforts on this level.

And where did I say he doesn't deserve the credit he's getting?

Edited by detlef

No, the comment I was referring to - it must have got buried in the meantime - was something to the effect of "this kid is gonna get more trim than hef". :wacko:

Well sorry then. That's certainly worth a laugh. :tup:

You know, to be honest, I probably wouldn't have made a point of bringing it up had the notion of someone else doing so not been singled out and laughed at. Again, that person has a point. Once again, assuming that was the comment that Darin was referring to.

How often do make a big deal about the problem with pro athletes is because they've been told they're god since the time they were 12? Well, there you have it. We can laugh at the notion of even questioning anything this kid does and then, guess what, the kid can do no wrong and he becomes a hyper-entitled a-hole that becomes intolerable by the time he's 18 and never amounts to crap other than being a 12 year old internet sensation. Or we can say, OK kid, you're an amazing musician and an even better singer, but you need to work on your arrangement. Is that really so awful?

No, I wasn't doing anything remotely as impressive as this kid when I was 12. And as a result, nobody was having me go on TV shows and saying I was the next great thing. Thus, as a result, there was essentially no reason at all to scrutinize my efforts on this level.

And where did I not say he deserves the credit he's getting?

Don't you think it's possible that Darin just thought it was a funny comment? :wacko: Det, you're just WAY too serious sometimes.

Of course, I had to hear from my WIFE that Ellen DeGeneres had started a label just so she could sign him. :lol:

riigggghhhtttt

You are right whomp, Darin does refer to his right hand as his wife, so whe he says his wife shot him the link, he is kinda telling the truth as that is his mouse hand.