[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Employment numbers fudged by Census

Perchoutofwater

The old retired guy across the street has been hired more than twice since the beginning of the year to various positions. First, he was collecting data in the next county and they no longer needed him. Then he was "hired" to collect data for our county and was no longer needed. He was then "hired" to the main office somewhere. I don't know if the Census reported it as having created 3 new jobs, of course.

Doesnt that also show up in Az'a "joblessness claims rise unexpectedly?"

So for every job "created" by this bullcrap, there would also be another person added to the unemployment claims?

I don't think they were unemployed long enough to count. Can you file for unemployment when you've been out of work for an hour? :wacko:

I don't think they were unemployed long enough to count. Can you file for unemployment when you've been out of work for an hour? :tup:

"John: I worked for (Census) and I was paid $18.75 (an hour) just like Ms. Naomi Cohn from your article.

"I worked for about six weeks or so and I picked the hours I wanted to work. I was checking the work of others. While I was classifying addresses, another junior supervisor was checking my work.

"In short, we had a "checkers checking checkers" quality control. I was eventually let go and was told all the work was finished when, in fact, other people were being trained for the same assignment(s).

"I was re-hired about eight months later and was informed that I would have to go through one week of additional training.

:wacko: Does 8 months count as being long enough? :tup:

Doesnt that also show up in Az'a "joblessness claims rise unexpectedly?"

So for every job "created" by this bullcrap, there would also be another person added to the unemployment claims?

don't you have to be employed for a certain period of time (like at least 6 months to a year) before you are eligible to file an unemployment claim? I know it can vary from state to state, but if you work for two weeks and then get laid off, I don't think you can claim benefits.

I had a note left on my front door from a census worker saying they missed me and to call them at their number so we could do this over the phone. My house/street didn't exist 10 years ago so I figured that's why I never received anything. I call the lady today and she simply wants to know how many people live there. I say "2" and she says that's what the neighbors told her. That's it. I thought it had all these questions. :wacko:

I had a note left on my front door from a census worker saying they missed me and to call them at their number so we could do this over the phone. My house/street didn't exist 10 years ago so I figured that's why I never received anything. I call the lady today and she simply wants to know how many people live there. I say "2" and she says that's what the neighbors told her. That's it. I thought it had all these questions. :tup:

It does. You're obviously about to be robbed and the cons were trying to figure out how many guppies lived in the residence. Better get your guns ready. :wacko:

It does. You're obviously about to be robbed and the cons were trying to figure out how many guppies lived in the residence. Better get your guns ready. :wacko:

Speaking of which, I came home tonight and find out the house 2 doors down from us was hit this afternoon. Apparently the 4th in the neighborhood in the last couple of months. :tup: Makes me want to draw down on someone.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

She wouldn't have come to your door if you mailed in your info sheet there Mr. Ted Kacynscki.

He could have mailed in the form if he wanted to kill the economy. It's much better for the economy if you don't mail in your sheet thereby forcing the government to keep people employed to travel to your residency.

Speaking of which, I came home tonight and find out the house 2 doors down from us was hit this afternoon. Apparently the 4th in the neighborhood in the last couple of months. :wacko: Makes me want to draw down on someone.

Dirty illegal Mexicans.

don't you have to be employed for a certain period of time (like at least 6 months to a year) before you are eligible to file an unemployment claim? I know it can vary from state to state, but if you work for two weeks and then get laid off, I don't think you can claim benefits.

normally it is based on the number of weeks worked in a given period of time (like the past 12 months or something like that)

Speaking of which, I came home tonight and find out the house 2 doors down from us was hit this afternoon. Apparently the 4th in the neighborhood in the last couple of months. :tup: Makes me want to draw down on someone.

Get soup and his 6'5 frame :wacko: to get them.

Speaking of which, I came home tonight and find out the house 2 doors down from us was hit this afternoon. Apparently the 4th in the neighborhood in the last couple of months. :wacko: Makes me want to draw down on someone.

The new law goes into effect soon, doesn't it? Hell, you'll have all kinds of nice white folk moving in once you get rid of the illegals.

Next time, I would appreciate it if you'd let yer wife answer the door.

She did. Thats when she found the note from the dude saying he would be back. Though he never came back that Im aware.

Hey wait a minute... was that your handwriting?