[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which WR is hurt most by the new situation?

DMD

WR's that could change  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR is hurt most by the new situation?

• Miles Austin because of Dez Bryant
    • Chad OchoCinco because of Antonio Bryant
    • Larry Fitzgerald because of Matt Leinart
    • Brandon Marshall because Miami just runs
    • DeSean Jackson because McNabb is gone

Rankings are out now, obtw, and part of doing the WRs that made it challenging (and likely changing) is the new situations in the NFL. Changes in the passing game always have the potential to hurt the primary wideout and we have some interesting ones this year.

Which one scares you the most?

I voted for Fitz, although I still think he'll perform just fine and I have him as the #3 PPR WR going into the season. Still, I think he has the most chance at a small decline this season.

The others, I just don't see it. Austin's numbers should stay about the same, ditto with OchoCinco's. Brandon Marshall, in a PPR, is going to be just fine. Chad Henne is a pretty good, up-and-coming young QB. And Kolb will find a way to get DeSean Jackson the ball.

Gotta be Fitz. Leinart might have made some improvements in the past year, but any time you lose a HOF QB and a stud WR across from you, it's a definite downgrade.

I'd probably put Marshall second, but we're not sure how much the offense will shift this season with a new stud #1 WR and a less than 100% Ronnie Brown.

I voted Fitz, but think the 'top' WR to take the biggest hit will be Boldin.

You think?

Derrick Mason, in all of his almost-retired glory, finished as the #18 PPR WR (typical PPR scoring). Curiously, he finished only a smidge behind Boldin.

Now, conventional wisdom would probably point to Boldin's arrival siphoning some of Mason's value, and Mason still being a viable fantasy WR could affect Boldin's potential.

But we've seen that Boldin can put up numbers as the "WR-1b" before. You think he's going to play second fiddle to Mason in Baltimore? I say no chance.

I think Mason's numbers take a hit, and you'll see Boldin right about where he was in 2009. Flacco has a cannon for an arm, and will likely have an immediate rapport with Boldin.

How DJax accumulated his points last year scares me more than him losing McNabb.

Spot on. I think Jackson may have had a career year and will regress to his mean. There's no way I can foresee him with 6 games of 23+ ypc again. That's just outrageous. I think we'll see the same type of regression for Miles Austin, though not quite as large as Jackson's. That has nothing to do with who is throwing the ball or who else is being fed receptions.

In regard to Austin being affected by Bryant, I don't think it will hurt too badly, especially in the first half of the year. I could see Bryant getting more love in the second half, which might diminish Austin somewhat.

I do think Jackson gets dinged more by his situation than Austin does. Kolb ran up pretty numbers against 2 bad pass Ds. He won't see that all year long. Jackson could also take a back seat to Maclin, who I honestly like better as an all-around performer. In short, I see a lot of reasons, some well beyond Kolb starting, for DJax to fade some.

Chad Johnson? Nope - CIN looks to be throwing the ball more. Even though the immensely talented but 5 cent head Bryant is around, Johnson will be a fundamental part of that passing O.

Marshall and Fitz have the stud factor going for them. Even though both teams will look to run effectively, they have QBs who will find a way to get the ball in their hands simply because those guys are so reliable and can make a QB look good on extremely bad throws. Marshall may not get to 100 catches, but it wouldn't shock one one bit to see him in the 90s. Fitz? He won't lose much at all. Maybe not anything.

So I'd rank these guys like this in regard to potential this year:

Fitz

Marshall

Chad Ochocinco Johnson

Ausitn

Jackson

How DJax accumulated his points last year scares me more than him losing McNabb.

This.

IMO, Fitz is likely most affected by the situation change (new QB, loss of Boldin) though I still think he is a top 5 WR, just not the clear cut #1 or #2 WR.

I just think Jackson and Austin outperformed their likely normal production last year and will be overvalued heading into the season.

Ocho has shown pretty good consistency in his performance with a solid WR lining up across from him, so I don't think he will see much change with Bryant there and Marshall will likely not quite match his Denver numbers, but in a PPR on a team with a general lack of receiving options, he will be a solid option come FF draft day.

Gotta be Fitz. Leinart might have made some improvements in the past year, but any time you lose a HOF QB and a stud WR across from you, it's a definite downgrade.

+1. Truer words were never spoken. Either situation would hurt Fitz, but both? In the same off season? I honestly believe he will struggle to even break the top ten.

Edited by The Wolf

I went with DeSean. Let's see how Kolb plays once D Cordinators review tape on him in the offseasn. I think Philly will regret letting McNabb go. The fluky long TD thing is just that, fluky. DeSean just doesn't get enough catches to be anything more than a WR #2 at best, IMO.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Fitz for me. Not a big Leinhart believer. Without Boldin he should see double teams every play. He''ll still put up #'s but he's going to see coverage like Calvin had last yr. and have to earn every ball. Besides, if I remember correctly Leinhart seemed to favor Boldin so he may lack the confidence to pass into the tight coverage the opposing teams best cover corner (and safety help) will have on Fitz.

I went with DeSean. Let's see how Kolb plays once D Cordinators review tape on him in the offseasn. I think Philly will regret letting McNabb go. The fluky long TD thing is just that, fluky. DeSean just doesn't get enough catches to be anything more than a WR #2 at best, IMO.

you aren't going to like me very much later this year.

tell that to the coaching staff that let McNabb (a 10 year veteran and HoF nominee) walk and also had a productive offense with the likes of AJ Feeley, Koy Detmer and an over the hill Jeff Garcia....

I believe Kolb will be just fine, yet I agree that DJax will slip some this year on top of that...

the young players also used to go to Kolb for advice because they were apparently intimidated by McNabb....they are comfortable with him on and off the field and he can be an immediate leader behind center...

I can't believe how Fitz is dominating this poll. He'll get his, even w/the lesser QB.

I voted Austin. IMO Bryant will be a strong rookie of the year candidate and by year's end will be WR1....DAL's offense is looking really fn scary right now.

I can't believe how Fitz is dominating this poll. He'll get his, even w/the lesser QB.

I voted Austin. IMO Bryant will be a strong rookie of the year candidate and by year's end will be WR1....DAL's offense is looking really fn scary right now.

I know this might sound typical of an Eagles fan, but I see Bryant getting hurt and spending a lot of the year injured...

I don't know why or how.....it's just that the passing game in Dallas just looks too good to be true with Austin, Bryant and Witten....something always happens in situations like this...

Wow I didn't realize Jackson had so many long TDs. That really would bump him up in certain leagues that award bonus points for long TDs. Isn't Kolb more of a true, West Coast kind of QB...? As opposed to McNabb who has a better downfield arm? I don't know.

Wow I didn't realize Jackson had so many long TDs. That really would bump him up in certain leagues that award bonus points for long TDs. Isn't Kolb more of a true, West Coast kind of QB...? As opposed to McNabb who has a better downfield arm? I don't know.

Kolb can move the ball down field, but he's more of a traditional WCO QB while McNabb struggles throwing the short pass and excels throwing bombs..

I've said for many years now that McNabb has been in the wrong system and ha still flourished - but possibly more-so because the system he was in produces QB's despite his awful short passing game....

his best throws were always down field...

i voted for Fitz but with the departure of Boldin as well as Warner, there may be more targets for Fitz this season that in '09.

Marshall goes from Orton to Henne, not a major change in terms of the calibur of QB play, but Marshall has to line up against Darrell Revis twice a season...ouch.

PPR League...Kolb will have the same amount of pass attempts and may actually complete more, although probably fewer deep balls

Maclin up, DJax down slightly....

Leinart will be in trouble if the starter & D Anderson will be there to possibly start a controversy, I don't see any consistency from the QB position there in AZ, and double teams for Fitz with Boldin gone (at least to start the season).

Fitz down in catches yards and TDs, with Doucet up and Breaston slightly up...Leinart is not going to throw for 4,000 yds and 28+ TDs and probably will throw more picks.

I think it is Brandon Marshall. I don't like WRs moving to a new team playing to their full potential, mostly because they have to learn a new offense. Couple this with Miami not chucking the rock a lot and I just don't see top ten numbers for him this year. Next year is an entirely different story though.