[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

name an everyday occurrence that wouldn't normally be upsetting ...

montster

we have a plastic thingy that separates all our utensils in one of our kitchen drawers. when all the utensils are fresh from the dishwasher, we have to arrange the forks and spoons precisely, or they all won't fit in the drawer. there are times when i'll grab a fork, but doing so upsets this precise arrangement, so when i go to close the drawer, one renegade fork will jam itself against the countertop, violently preventing me from slamming the drawer shut and filling me with instantaneous rage. (simply removing an extra fork would probably solve the problem, but we haven't done that.)

the dog licking himself at 3 am also makes me lose it. i always tell myself i should keep a pile of rolled-up socks to chuck at the dog when he does that, but i never do. i just end up scolding the dog in an angry whisper, which he's too deaf to hear anyway.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have a plastic thingy that separates all our utensils in one of our kitchen drawers. when all the utensils are fresh from the dishwasher, we have to arrange the forks and spoons precisely, or they all won't fit in the drawer. there are times when i'll grab a fork, but doing so upsets this precise arrangement, so when i go to close the drawer, one renegade fork will jam itself against the countertop, violently preventing me from slamming the drawer shut and filling me with instantaneous rage. (simply removing an extra fork would probably solve the problem, but we haven't done that.)

the dog licking himself at 3 am also makes me lose it. i always tell myself i should keep a pile of rolled-up socks to chuck at the dog when he does that, but i never do. i just end up scolding the dog in an angry whisper, which he's too deaf to hear anyway.

Oh my God. This bro. This drives me absolutely batty. Its the middle of the night and all you can hear is that constant licking sound from the Dog. You are too tired to move and make them stop yet filled with frightening rage over it.

Wow... the same thing bugs me here and there with my dog - not sure why.

knotted shoe laces.

And a little different - but I have a standing rule that whenever one of my daughters male friends comes into my house - the first thing they need to do is come in a shake my hand. Last thing before they leave - they need to come in and shake my hand. Those 'f'ers are in my world and it is a good way to see if they are pig headed, honorable, winey or high on themselves. They don't need to understand - they just need to do it because they know I expect it - and it is the honorable 'man' thing to do. I lose my mind when they don't

If they fight me on that issue - when it is my house and my daughter - and its a simple thing that takes little to no effort (at worst, balls) - what are they going to do when I set down another rule that they don't understand (because they are kids) that they actualy percieve good things (drinking, drugs, sex, etc) coming their way if they break the rule.

I've weeded out several boys this way.

I am with you on the fork thing. It happens to me with spatulas, too.

Also, when I throw something in the trash (you know, basketball style), it will land right in the middle and then pop out. Or when you are screwing in a screw and instead of it going in the hole it keeps falling out, this especially pisses me off when it is in a tight spot.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Omelettes sticking to the freaking frying pan... I go ape diaper dirt, why wont she just let me use the goddamn flat griddle and not complain about cleaning the damn thing!!!!!!

THe dog licking himself thing drives my wife nuts, she will wake up and start yelling at him, which in turn wakes me up... Need to go to the other post.

Omelettes sticking to the freaking frying pan... I go ape diaper dirt, why wont she just let me use the goddamn flat griddle and not complain about cleaning the damn thing!!!!!!

THe dog licking himself thing drives my wife nuts, she will wake up and start yelling at him, which in turn wakes me up... Need to go to the other post.

I typically won't use non-stick surfaces, but for an omelet I will. I'll use a bit of butter as well. Drives me f'ing crazy when it gets all discombobulated.

That's one of the many reasons I don't have a dog.

That's pure testicular envy. We have a bunch of huddlers that wish they could lick their own balls. My dog is female, so I don't get that at night.

My dogs are both female. They like to lick their pucchiacias just as much as male dogs lick their balls

The laundry thrown on the floor in the garage rather than in it's designated basket in the sorter. Trash left on the kitchen counters not even 5 feet from the garbage can. Trash thrown in the sink with the dirty dishes. Dish rags left in the bottom of the sink under a pile of dirty dishes. Food left on dishes in the sink that cannot go down the garbage disposal.

A few weeks ago, my 16-year old lab, Chalkie, developed some skin allergies. She was licking all day and night. She chewed alot of hair off her legs. Her vulva was swollen badly. I took her to the vet and got some pills and the head cone. It's now starting to get better. She got the cone off one day last week while I was at work and it was a hugh setback on her treatment since she was able to lick herself again and irritate the areas again. She was never much of a licker before this. It kept me up all night long when she started.

I'm worried since I'm gonna be up in Arlington the next 2 weeks for a system conversion and she doesn't take care of the dogs like I do. :wacko:

A few weeks ago, my 16-year old lab, Chalkie, developed some skin allergies. She was licking all day and night. She chewed alot of hair off her legs. Her vulva was swollen badly. I took her to the vet and got some pills and the head cone. It's now starting to get better. She got the cone off one day last week while I was at work and it was a hugh setback on her treatment since she was able to lick herself again and irritate the areas again. She was never much of a licker before this. It kept me up all night long when she started.

I'm worried since I'm gonna be up in Arlington the next 2 weeks for a system conversion and she doesn't take care of the dogs like I do. :wacko:

We need to grab some brew while you're up here.

We need to grab some brew while you're up here.

I'd love to, but I can't make any definite plans. These work people in Arlington are insane when it comes to schedules. They don't have one, so you don't have one. Sucks.

That's pure testicular envy. We have a bunch of huddlers that wish they could lick their own balls. My dog is female, so I don't get that at night.

Did you hear the one- Two drunks are "walking" down the street and they come upon a dog licking his testicles. The one drunk says to the other drunk "I wish I could do that". The other drunk says. " Go ahead-he looks like a friendly dog". :wacko:

My father-in-law, aka "The Mid-Night Snacker", lives with us. Sometimes it will be 1 AM and he'll be in the kitchen making himself something to eat. This usually wakes me up and then I have trouble going back to sleep. Sometimes I can overlook this, but sometimes it sends me through the freggin' roof.

I hate when I go to take a leak and I get the split-stream. One in the bowl, one on the wall/floor/my leg, etc. :wacko:

+1

I woud welcome the split if it hit the floor or wall, mine seems to be magnetically attracted to my shoe.

My father-in-law, aka "The Mid-Night Snacker", lives with us. Sometimes it will be 1 AM and he'll be in the kitchen making himself something to eat. This usually wakes me up and then I have trouble going back to sleep. Sometimes I can overlook this, but sometimes it sends me through the freggin' roof.

You ought to sit up one night and wait for him to come out to get a snack. WHen you hear him approaching open up a mayonaise jar and start having intercourse with it and then act very suprised when you see him. Apologize, put the top back on the jar, put the jar back in the fridge, and walk back to your room.

You ought to sit up one night and wait for him to come out to get a snack. WHen you hear him approaching open up a mayonaise jar and start having intercourse with it and then act very suprised when you see him. Apologize, put the top back on the jar, put the jar back in the fridge, and walk back to your room.

:wacko:

Never, ever apologize.