[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P 1500 - Dow 15k

Brentastic

If the cretins that "work" on Wall Street and in exchanges everywhere would stop reacting so violently to every snippet of "news", we (and they) would all be a lot better off. Their reactions to every tiny thing are beyond ridiculous, exposing them for the know-nothing bag of brain dead weasels they really are.

lol

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The world finds itself in a fine financial mess. Everyone is waiting for a quick fix that will usher in a return to a hope-filled state of rising standards of living, full employment, higher home values, and less government intervention in the private sector. The sad fact of the matter is that there will not be a quick fix. The intricacies of a global economy, where political, economic, and cultural constructs are vastly different, will not allow it. The fix will take time -- perhaps a lot of time -- because the short-term solution of throwing a lot of money at fixing the structural problems that brought us to this point is creating a host of long-term issues that will keep growth from being all that it can be.

• 4 weeks later...
still too early to say anything conclusively, but the most recent evidence looks good for Doggy's hypothesis: http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/26/real_estat...in&hpt=Sbin

Is there any research to suggest how long it takes a market to reach a new equilibrium after a government incentive / restriction ends?

still too early to say anything conclusively, but the most recent evidence looks good for Doggy's hypothesis: http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/26/real_estat...in&hpt=Sbin

Doggy for pres 2012!!!

Hell, he couldn't do any worse than the current dude in charge... and he's a freaking Irishman!!!!

I came back quickly to respond to you, my dear friend. 8800 is only the next target - my conviction of dow 1k-3k over the next 6 years has not diminished. We are heading there whether you or anyone else can see it or not. I just didn't want anyone thinking that I'm backing off from my extreme forecasts. Dow 5k which I previously forecasted as happening by the end of this year may not happen that quick but it's around the corner, believe that.

That's all folks - good luck, I truly wish you all the best, even all the pricks!

Harry Dent Jr predicted that we would hit 1800 pts on the Dow in the coming years.

1) My current models have me short in a pretty big way right now.

2) I'm probably changing a few things in my models making the swings in the signals less extreme from week-to-week / month-to-month.

3) If I go with the current iteration of the revised models, I would be oh-so-very-barely long right now.

4) A few people I consider smart think we'll rally until mid August (+5% from here), sell off HARD until mid-October (-20% from there) or so and then rally HUGH into sometime in Q1'2011 (+25-50% from there) ... and then the beginning of a very large multi-year secular bear market (-30-50%, or more, from there --- by 2020, we would be doing well if we'd be at S&P500 1100, per these other people's assessment of things in the US and the world). FWIW.

Today DuPont reporting double digit earnings.

Canon reporting 82% growth.

Boeing and Airbus had extremely good sales at Farnborough, far surpassing expectations. This led the head of Airbus to proclaim, "The recession is over."

All this is good news, IMHO. I don't play the market, just my 401K, but if I did, it seems a good time to buy before the rally???

BP at least looks like a good buy, with the leak capped, and a new American CEO. But, again, I don't play the market. I sometimes wish my 401K had more flexibility. I had the cash to buy a couple of thousand shares of citibank when it was a dollar stock. I'm still :wacko: myself at my caution in passing that up for a CD...

Edited by cre8tiff

4) A few people I consider smart think we'll rally until mid August (+5% from here), sell off HARD until mid-October (-20% from there) or so and then rally HUGH into sometime in Q1'2011 (+25-50% from there) ... and then the beginning of a very large multi-year secular bear market (-30-50%, or more, from there --- by 2020, we would be doing well if we'd be at S&P500 1100, per these other people's assessment of things in the US and the world). FWIW.

So for those of us with just a 401k.......

Hold / buy a little until mid-August

Bail into safe havens for a couple months

Rush out and buy as much as possible for a couple months through, say, the end of January

Sell the lot and stuff it under the mattress from there through forever

Is that it?

Today DuPont reporting double digit earnings.

Canon reporting 82% growth.

Boeing and Airbus had extremely good sales at Farnborough, far surpassing expectations. This led the head of Airbus to proclaim, "The recession is over."

All this is good news, IMHO. I don't play the market, just my 401K, but if I did, it seems a good time to buy before the rally???

BP at least looks like a good buy, with the leak capped, and a new American CEO. But, again, I don't play the market. I sometimes wish my 401K had more flexibility. I had the cash to buy a couple of thousand shares of citibank when it was a dollar stock. I'm still :wacko: myself at my caution in passing that up for a CD...

just becareful with these estimates they are beating. they have been revised and lowered to make it nearly impossible not to beat.

ive been reading the exact same thing that muck's #4 is saying. this market are a trading market nowadays. you have to be nimble.

So for those of us with just a 401k.......

Hold / buy a little until mid-August

Bail into safe havens for a couple months

Rush out and buy as much as possible for a couple months through, say, the end of January

Sell the lot and stuff it under the mattress from there through forever

Is that it?

Jesus Christ, don't you ever stop?

:wacko: