[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

S&P 1500 - Dow 15k

Brentastic

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a side note -- joking about sex trafficing pisses me off. It is possibly the single most repulsive thing on planet earth right now.

Without diminishing it, you need to get out more if you think it's THE most repulsive thing on the planet.

Ok, Ursa. This comment has piqued my interest...

another side note........doenst really matter where the market goes if the dollars its traded in are worth nothing.

I'm confident that if you keep changing your argument, you will eventually stumble onto something that sounds right. I'm rooting for you. :fingerscrossed:

Brent, you've been predicting an imminent catastrophic crash for the past year.

You were wrong. You continue to be wrong. When the time comes, and it probably will, that you become right... you will have been wrong far far longer than you will ever be right.

It's probably best to stop pushing the wrong right now, and just wait until you're eventually right to jump back and say "See, I told you so!" rather than piling more wrong on top of the huge steaming pile of wrongness you've accumulated so far.

I will fully admit that my initial time-line for said crash was off (my original prediction was that we'd be at dow 5k by end of year). However, I have remained consistent in that we are entering a 5+ year decline (bear market) and from that I am not wavering. I have learned a lot about a multi-market topping process over the last year and how long that process takes (especially one of such a large degree) and I will never make such exact timing predictions again. But my opinion stands - that we are about to live through the worst stock market collapse since the Great depression.

And again, the term 'wrong' is relative. If you got out of the stock market last year and missed this rally, in the short-term you may be wrong. However, if the market crashes and you retain your wealth, you were not wrong - you may have been early in your action but if it saves your entire portfolio then you were right. My forecasting is all long-term, always has been. I won't be wrong unless the market progresses over the next 5 years.

Jeesh, there is no sunshine in your world.

once again, i will talk about good news when i see it or read it. im just telling the truth that no one out there wants to hear. it sucks, but it is what it is.

what do you think is going to happen when the govt continues to print money. qe2, qe3, qe4......... when does it stop?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39538677

Edited by dmarc117

once again, i will talk about good news when i see it or read it. im just telling the truth that no one out there wants to hear. it sucks, but it is what it is.

what do you think is going to happen when the govt continues to print money. qe2, qe3, qe4......... when does it stop?

The printing companies make a lot of profits and hire more workers? :wacko:

it doesn't really matter how much money they print if the money supply doesn't change** and right now the money supply is pretty much right on its long-run trend

**note: this phrase seems oxymoronic until you remember that the monetary base and the money supply are not the same thing

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph...;oet=&fml=a

Edited by wiegie

I will fully admit that my initial time-line for said crash was off (my original prediction was that we'd be at dow 5k by end of year). However, I have remained consistent in that we are entering a 5+ year decline (bear market) and from that I am not wavering. I have learned a lot about a multi-market topping process over the last year and how long that process takes (especially one of such a large degree) and I will never make such exact timing predictions again. But my opinion stands - that we are about to live through the worst stock market collapse since the Great depression.

And again, the term 'wrong' is relative. If you got out of the stock market last year and missed this rally, in the short-term you may be wrong. However, if the market crashes and you retain your wealth, you were not wrong - you may have been early in your action but if it saves your entire portfolio then you were right. My forecasting is all long-term, always has been. I won't be wrong unless the market progresses over the next 5 years.

Keep learning.

And in the meantime, stop making catastrophic predictions. You have no idea what is going to happen in the next 5 years, and you don't understand all the forces at work to predict them.

Keep learning.

And in the meantime, stop making catastrophic predictions. You have no idea what is going to happen in the next 5 years, and you don't understand all the forces at work to predict them.

Y'know heck, it will still come to fruition eventually. Brent is the David Koresh and Dmarc is the Randy Weaver of this thread. It may not happen in the in the past 5 months like it was suppose to, it still may not happen in the next 5 months like it should, but it will now....now....it definitely happens sometime in the next five years.

Their prophecy will be fulfilled. :wacko:

Keep learning.

Which is why you stay in the market, diversify, dollar cost average, and might I add, live below your means. This is the sound "long term" strategy. Basing your investments on what will happen over the next five years is short term strategy, and you could be wrong and miss a big bull market. I am 52 years old, and retired during the worst stock market period since the Great Depression, but still I am looking way beyond what the market does over the next 5 years. I am still mad I was running scared when the market was down to 6500-7500 in Spring '09. We had cash to put in and we got scared by the media and panic. Because of the market drop we were cash heavy, and to balance our portfolio we needed to buy, and didn't. This was a big opportunity lost.

I hope that none of you are in the market, except for fractional (and by fractional, I mean minute) periods of time... This way none of you will have to worry about where the market falls. Liquidate, watch the mood of the people and find a way to offer a product or service that will be needed as things get worse. Where the stock market has gotten bad, the "how to make money online" and "internet marketing" businesses are booming. Not surprisingly so.

Edited by No2011Lockout

I'm no economist... but what happens when there is a boost in spending?

people go more into debt and we learn nothing - this country was built on it's savings....not it's spending on foreign products...

in any prior depression/recession there has been debt, but it was local debt and not offshore and the market going up means nothing to me on the short term, because the people following this are like sheep they start saying "OH NO" when it's getting bad and "YAY, WE'RE GOOD AGAIN" as soon as they see the sun poking out...

there is no preparation for what could happen and there is no savings....also, could you tell me why the market has any legs to justify this "rally"?

what does any of this mean?

if spending is down around the holidays, things can begin to get very gloomy....the market has no reason to go up right now and is/has been manipulated for quite some time now....

deja-vu is coming and no I'm not bragging or hoping, I'm just letting people know they can actually remove the wool over their eyes if they really want to....

Keep learning.

I didn't even bump this thread jackass. Do you need to get some popularity points back? Picking on me is too easy, you just lost some respect from me, big red.

people go more into debt and we learn nothing - this country was built on it's savings....not it's spending on foreign products...

in any prior depression/recession there has been debt, but it was local debt and not offshore and the market going up means nothing to me on the short term, because the people following this are like sheep they start saying "OH NO" when it's getting bad and "YAY, WE'RE GOOD AGAIN" as soon as they see the sun poking out...

there is no preparation for what could happen and there is no savings....also, could you tell me why the market has any legs to justify this "rally"?

Holy crap dude.

I just remembered you are a conspiracy theorist. I also remembered why I stopped arguing in the Tailgate a year ago. Seacrest out.

Here comes the sun. Ba da doo bah. Lower than expected unemployment claims and higher than expected retail sales.

Here comes the sun. Ba da doo bah. Lower than expected unemployment claims and higher than expected retail sales.

I just don't see the strength in an economy that spends endlessly on products from overseas....

if these products were American made, we would be "keeping it in the family" but instead we're just driving ourselves further into debt...

and a weak dollar like dmarc said is much worse than the market going down.....the nightmare would be the value of the dollar plummeting and the market doing the same - which I don't see happening as it will be one or the other or they might even take turns but we won't see both happen at the same time and this is why Gold and Silver keep going up creating new highs (only if you ignore what the Hunt Bros. did to Silver in '80)...

look at how Gold has performed in the past decade and that's a sign of how poorly the US Dollar has done...

Keep learning.

Remember I'm from the future. You shouldn't speak of Galactic World King All-Knowing All-Powerful Brentastic in such an unfavorable light. Not that it really matters since you won't be one of the 144,000 saved anyways in 5 years. Party like there's no tomorrow.

As for the stock market, I'm only going to say two words and leave it up to you....pork feet. I've already said too much.

Just a side note -- joking about sex trafficing pisses me off. It is possibly the single most repulsive thing on planet earth right now.

You say that, but have you ever made it with a 22 YO Ukranian chick in a Turkish bath... Didn't think so.

Remember I'm from the future. You shouldn't speak of Galactic World King All-Knowing All-Powerful Brentastic in such an unfavorable light. Not that it really matters since you won't be one of the 144,000 saved anyways in 5 years. Party like there's no tomorrow.

As for the stock market, I'm only going to say two words and leave it up to you....pork feet. I've already said too much.

So the demographic shift in the US actually occurs?

The dollars from those sales are propped up on nothing, they don't really count. :tup:

the market is doing well despite the high unemployment rate, despite the debt that the country is in and how weak the dollar is considering how well commodities have done recently...

I've seen this BS before, what makes you think this is legit other than increased spending (which is not the answer by the way)..

nobody is answering my posts, but all I do is respond to yours...

when I hit Atomic with a logical post, his brain went haywire....are you doing the same thing?...I bring facts to support my "conspiracy theory" :wacko: and I get ridicule by the people jumping for joy and don't even know why they are jumping...