[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Arnold....sigh....you're a disgrace

tazinib1

"These are preparations for the prospect of not having a budget passed this month," said Lynelle Jolley with the California Department of Personnel Administration.

Without a budget, the July payroll, sent to go out the end of the month, would be cut, she said.

"This is not a scare tactic," she said. "This is based on a very real legal requirement."

The legal requirement was ordered in 2003, when the California Supreme Court ruled that the state controller had no legal authority to pay wages in the absence of a budget.

How is he the bad guy here?

How is he the bad guy here?

After reading that, I thought the same thing. His hands are tied and he's preparing to handle things in the event a budget isn't passed. Seems like he's doing what needs to be done.

Because it's his job to get a budget package passed....he has not done so and is very smug in his decision to pay state workers minimum wage. Trust me, the d-bag has done more to ruin California than any other state official in history. Yes...it's that bad here. The only bright spot here is our State Controller who has vowed not to instill this travesty. Could you imagine trying to pay a mortgage/car payment/child care etc etc etc on minimum wage after making state money for however long it is you have been employed? Ridiculous!!

After reading that, I thought the same thing. His hands are tied and he's preparing to handle things in the event a budget isn't passed. Seems like he's doing what needs to be done.

No kidding...this stuff has to be done before interest rate go through the roof. Min wage is better then no wage. Government employees are the last folks I want to hear complaining about wages considering they earn 30% more then the private sector.

I come form a military family and the benefits, pay and etc are crazy My two brothers who are active have no clue how the government can continue with some of their benefit programs they are receiving. Although to me the military folks better be the absolute last place to cut.

Because it's his job to get a budget package passed....he has not done so and is very smug in his decision to pay state workers minimum wage. Trust me, the d-bag has done more to ruin California than any other state official in history. Yes...it's that bad here. The only bright spot here is our State Controller who has vowed not to instill this travesty. Could you imagine trying to pay a mortgage/car payment/child care etc etc etc on minimum wage after making state money for however long it is you have been employed? Ridiculous!!

Ask the Pa workers how they did last year with NO PAY...for nealy six months. Arnie is no peach, but I am sure the legislators have more to do with this issue than Arnie.

No kidding...this stuff has to be done before interest rate go through the roof. Min wage is better then no wage. Government employees are the last folks I want to hear complaining about wages considering they earn 30% more then the private sector.

I come form a military family and the benefits, pay and etc are crazy My two brothers who are active have no clue how the government can continue with some of their benefit programs they are receiving. Although to me the military folks better be the absolute last place to cut.

As an ex military man of 8 years, you don't have to convince me brother lol. Regardless, state employees become so BECAUSE of the wage. I have no desire to be one, but that doesn't mean I don't feel empathy for there plight.

Government employees are the last folks I want to hear complaining about wages considering they earn 30% more then the private sector.

Where did you get this figure and are you comparing apples to apples. (For example, I hope to hell that a teacher earns at least 30% more than a burger-flipper at McDonalds.)

My strong guess is that your 30% figure was created using the same dumb logic that some people use when they argue that women are discriminated in the labor market because they make only 70% of what men make.

Because it's his job to get a budget package passed...

You might want to take a good long look at the rest of the politicians that have continually F'd up the California budget year after year. I'm not a fan of Arnold's at all (I think he is a Dem in GOP clothing) but there is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to your budget.

Listen...:tup:..i'm the last guy here at TheHuddle to argue politics. Let's just say my disdain for the man runneth over. This is just another example of how he can not work with state legislator.

I bet you're just bitter because he wouldn't sign an autogragh for you on set a few years ago. :wacko:

I bet you're just bitter because he wouldn't sign an autogragh for you on set a few years ago. :wacko:

:tup: Even if I were an autograph hound, I'd wouldn't waste my ink. The man has done more to debilitate our industry than I care to think about.

Vote Democrat :wacko:

The dude that holds the stop sign in the construction zones and the other two employess watching him hold the stop sign are probably going to still make more than the minimum wage. They are probably not working for the state of California. The dude watching the dude holding the stop sign should make more that Ahnold, the action hero imo.

Edited by MikesVikes

:tup: Even if I were an autograph hound, I'd wouldn't waste my ink. The man has done more to debilitate our industry than I care to think about.

Didn't he do a flick in Minnesota (Jingle All the Way) once?

How that wasn't the best movie of the year I'll never know. :wacko:

Government employees are the last folks I want to hear complaining about wages considering they earn 30% more then the private sector.

I can guarantee you that in my industry, private workers do much better than our state govt. cohorts.

I think, before he leaves office, Arnold wants to totally and permanently disable any chance of a financial recovery for the state of California.

The reason why there is no budget and because of his staunch stance on incredibly debilitating cuts across the board, is: this

When your state is on the edge of bankruptcy, it seems like across the board spending cuts are precisely what you need. See NJ. :wacko:

Well, I think it's rather clear this isn't a long term spending cut to balance the books. It's blackmail to get the budget passed. And maybe it's the right thing to do.

Well, I think it's rather clear this isn't a long term spending cut to balance the books. It's blackmail to get the budget passed. And maybe it's the right thing to do.

It's not blackmail. It's not intended to balance the books. Then what is it, you say? A legal gate that comes crashing down in the event there's no budget to pay salaries with in the first place. (AKA, fiscal reality).

The lack of a budget can be attributed to the fact that California (to my knowledge) is the only state that requires a 2/3rds majority vote by the LEGISLATURE to pass the budget. The governor is involved in proposing the budget, but its up to the legislature to pass it. So you can't really pin this all on Ah-nold. If anything, he deserves a round of applause for refusing to propose a budget the state can't pay for.

We have this problem every year. The state shuts down for a month or so, but the only people who notice are the ones who stop getting their state checks.

Edited by yo mama