[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The HA's

rajncajn

So, this year turned out to be a relative bust for the Huddle Awards. What used to generate hundreds of replies now didn't get much more than 50. I take the majority of the blame since I seem to be perpetually late in both posting the awards and tallying them. This year I forgot altogether. :wacko: I have no excuse other than being too busy in my personal life.

Still, I took over the awards several years ago because I didn’t want to see a great Huddle tradition die. I took over that responsibility and I plan to keep it going as long as I am able.

All that said, it is obvious some changes need to be made to keep this tradition going, but I could use some help in coming up with some ideas. I’ve already looked at making some changes to the categories, mainly simplifying them. As it was, even the people who were voting weren’t voting on the majority of the categories. The ballot overall looked like a chore to read through and pick out which categories you wanted to vote on. So reducing the number of categories would be the first step. But I think we possibly need to go beyond the categories. Maybe shake up the process a little and make it more fun for you all to play along. So shoot me some ideas and help me keep the Huddle Awards a staple of our offseason.

Here are the categories I picked out. Any new ones or changes to the current would be great. Is this still too much?

Fantasy Guru Award (for best fantasy advice) -

IDP Guru (for the IDP nuts) -

Tailgate Award (for best Tailgate poster) -

Homer Hero (for best homer info) -

Best of the Rest (for all satellite forum posters; College, Food, Photo etc) -

Favorite Huddle Board Game -

Favorite Huddle Article/Weekly Feature -

Thread of the Year -

Most Knowledgeable -

Best New Username -

Best Avatar(s) -

Best Fishing Expedition -

Newbie of the Year -

Newbie Tool of the Year -

MVH of the Year -

The same people seem to win the same award every year. What about making the person who won it last year ineligible to win it this year?

More & different winners means more interest.

I was thinking of those that still got responses and those that did not. So I would add Most Respected and Most Annoying and delete Thread of the Year and Best Avatars for that reason.

Also was thinking of doing "Lifetime Awards" in those categories in addition to (or in place of for one year)

Edited by Big John

Don't forget Doofus of the year. I know that I would at least get one vote and that would help me to sleep at night.

But seriously, the new categories look good. I have no further positive input for this thread.

The same people seem to win the same award every year. What about making the person who won it last year ineligible to win it this year?

More & different winners means more interest.

Good idea and agree... in the new categories I've tried to reword a few that might generate some new names such as Best New Username and MVH of the Year. I know the second would still gravitate to Big John and though he is certainly not undeserving it would be more about who has been the better influence for the boards for that particular year.

I was thinking of those that still got responses and those that did not. So I would add Most Respected and Most Annoying and delete Thread of the Year and Best Avatars for that reason.

Also was thinking of doing "Lifetime Awards" in those categories in addition to (or in place of for one year)

Most Annoying could be a good one to bring back, Most respected always is a battle between Sky & RR. :wacko: Lifetime awards, which would exclude them from future voting might be an idea that could work though.

Don't forget Doofus of the year. I know that I would at least get one vote and that would help me to sleep at night.

But seriously, the new categories look good. I have no further positive input for this thread.

As is the Huddle Awards tradition, all input is welcome. :wacko:

I'm surprised there isn't a Fisherman's category.

:tup:

Best Fishing Expedition -

As is the Huddle Awards tradition, all input is welcome. :wacko:

:tup:

I think he's reeling you in

Then please bend over.

Is this going to come to blows?

Isn't there already a Gay Dix thread?

I would like to see you go back to 2004 or before on the categories.

The Categories:(please include with your votes)

*Forum Awards*

Fantasy Guru Award –

Huddle Heisman -

Tailgate Award -

Homer Hero -

*Site Awards*

Best Huddle Game –

Best BOTH League –

Best Huddle article -

Best post/thread -

Best Link -

Best New Feature -

Worst New Feature -

*Individual Awards*

Best Username -

Best Sigline –

Best Sigline Acquired From a Bet -

Best Avatar -

Best Fisherman -

Best use of Graemlins -

Most Respected Huddler -

Least Respected Huddler -

Most Annoying Huddler -

Most Notorious Post Padder -

Who you'd most want to have a beer with -

Who you'd most want to talk football with -

Newbie of the Year -

Newbie Tool of the Year -

MVH - Most Valuable Huddler –

Might take out the "Best BOTH League" award and Best Sigline Acquired From A Bet award. But the rest are viable.

I like the idea of the Lifetime Award.