[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Celebrated my 52nd B-Day last weekend

MustOfBeenDrunk

Last week I celebrated my 52nd birthday, the wife & I took the kids to Reno

We stayed at the Grand Sierra Resort and they have this bungee type thing there.

180 feet up ,, you free fall for about 50 feet before the bungee catches you and swings you out.

Being scared of hights it was the last thing I ever thought I would do.

But guess what my 17 year decides to buy me for my birthday ? Yep tickets for this bungee jump.

Well I figured what the keck let's do it. Heck of a rush & Yes I was sober :wacko:

I know it is just an illusion but how close do you guys get to that big RV sign? My kids do that every year at Kennywood park. That is an old family style amusement park here in Pittsburgh. I'd do it but I don't think they let fat ass's on it.

Is that considered bungee jumping? Several of the amusement parks near me (Cedar Point and Kings Island) have attractions like that. They are just giant swings aren't they? Either way, it would scare the chit out of me regardless.

My favorite looking ride like that is at Kings Island. It's called

or something like that. They put you in a ball and hold you on the ground while they tension the lines with a large bank of springs (shown in the background). They release the clamp and you are shot into the air to bounce up and down a few times.

NO WAY IN HELL COULD YOU EVER GET ME TO DO THAT. I would have heart failure about half way through the free fall, wouldn't be pretty.

Happy birthday.

Thanks guys for all the B-day wishes

cdrudge - may not be exactly a bungee jump but didn't know of a better way to describe it ?

As far as topping it next year my dang daughter just sent me an e-mail with a link to skydiving.

Not sure if I will actually have the balls to go thru with it or not but I told her if she will do it so will I

Skippy - your not close to the sign at all and believe me the sign is the last thing your thinking of when it's time to pull the ripcord :wacko:

:tup: Daredevil daughters.....is there anything more fun than that?? :wacko:

She's gonna either keep you young or cause your hair to fall out faster. Or both. :tup:

I have one. At the ripe old age of 20 she IS the cause of my beautiful flowing blonde hair turning gray. My facial hair makes me look like I am in my 80's if I go three days without shaving. It is all her and she shows no signs of slowing down.

Edited by Skippy