[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I am apparently fighting in Fort Worth the 18th

polksalet

I'll be fighting in the NAGA southweat regional championships. have four months Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and considerable strength. I will be fighin in the 35+, 225lb+, 6 months or less training crowd hahahahahahaha.

My people think I have a chance to win. I really have no idea as I mostly get the crap beaten out of me twice a week. But it should be exciting none the less. Jr. is fighting in the kids division, I imagine he will do much better than me.

I'll be fighting in the NAGA southweat regional championships. have four months Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and considerable strength. I will be fighin in the 35+, 225lb+, 6 months or less training crowd hahahahahahaha.

My people think I have a chance to win. I really have no idea as I mostly get the crap beaten out of me twice a week. But it should be exciting none the less. Jr. is fighting in the kids division, I imagine he will do much better than me.

Oh, so you're not fighting. NAGA is grappling/bjj tourney. Most of the white belts tend to have less than 6 months training, although I know my school is very slow to promote belt wise, which in turn makes our White belts pretty nasty.

Everyone starting out gets the crap beaten out of them, it's how you learn.

The kids division is really fun to watch. My teachers daughters usually dominate the girls division, usually ending the fights by RNC. It's a good time for sure. Just have fun with it.

Oh, so you're not fighting. NAGA is grappling/bjj tourney. Most of the white belts tend to have less than 6 months training, although I know my school is very slow to promote belt wise, which in turn makes our White belts pretty nasty.

Everyone starting out gets the crap beaten out of them, it's how you learn.

The kids division is really fun to watch. My teachers daughters usually dominate the girls division, usually ending the fights by RNC. It's a good time for sure. Just have fun with it.

:wacko: For some reason this just cracked me up.

Gi / No Gi?

These typically aren't much different than rolling at your school on a Tuesday evening.

GI

My school is actually pretty rough. We've had two broken arms that I know of in the last few months. I'm going straight to knee on belly/collar choke if at all possible.

Edited by polksalet

I would find another school. It's called training...not fighting.

It was young guys trying to prove their manhood. Both failed to tap. One broke in shoulder lock the other in an arm bar.. If there is one thing I have learned is that there is nothing wrong with quitting haha. It took me some lessons on receiving torture before learning this.

:wacko: For some reason this just cracked me up.

They're pretty awesome. My teacher has won NAGA Gi and No-Gi several times. I've been caught up with work the past few weeks so I haven't talked to him, but I'd imagine he's competing again, as long as it doesn't interfere with his upcoming boxing bout and another fight on a Bellatore card.

If he's there you should watch him. His Jits is insanity. His name is Joe Christopher

It was young guys trying to prove their manhood. Both failed to tap. One broke in shoulder lock the other in an arm bar.. If there is one thing I have learned is that there is nothing wrong with quitting haha. It took me some lessons on receiving torture before learning this.

Gotcha. We get those in too. Usually high school wrestlers that have hugh egos. They usually quit after a week.

Gotcha. We get those in too. Usually high school wrestlers that have hugh egos. They usually quit after a week.

The wrestlers are a lot of fun to work with, and helped me improve my game drastically with my takedown defense. Those guys do freak out when there backs are on the mat though.