[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you draw the line?

Grits and Shins

Well, in the one and only league I own Turner, I also have Addai, M Bush and Hillis. (Yes, I am loaded elsewhere like Gates and V Davis in a doulbe yardage TE format with 2 TE flex) so for me it's a no brainer. This draft was before the Bush thumb injury. Still, I doubt I would have an RB3 that I would like more than Turner despite the matchup.

I presume you are starting Turner + Addai, benching Bush and Hillis. I agree with that decision and that it is a no brainer. Would it be such a no brainer for you if you had Turner + Spiller + Harrison or some such?

LOL ... I have Schaub in two leagues - he will be my every week starter as my backup QBs are Anderson in one league, Freeman and Big Ben in the other league. In the league that I have Grant he will be an every week starter for me, no so much because he's a stud but more because of my options (Jacobs or McGahee).

I think what you have here is closer to the answer than playing matchups. Whether you start pseudo-stud A over another player is not determined so much by opposition but by who "another player" is (most of the time). Of course, that all goes back to your draft strategy - did you wait until round 13 for that backup TE / QB?

I presume you are starting Turner + Addai, benching Bush and Hillis. I agree with that decision and that it is a no brainer. Would it be such a no brainer for you if you had Turner + Spiller + Harrison or some such?

Yes, I'd still start Turner. How many RB's are there that are sure to get 75% of the carries? We haven't seen how much either Spiller or Harrison will split carries. Neither may get GL carries. Especially in week one, lots of questions... Greene/LT, Bradshaw/Jacobs, on and on. Things will be more clear in week 2. I'll go with the Stud non-RBBC guy that gets the GL carries too.

What really gets tough is when you have more than one Stud that you need to decide from

For several years I had Brees & Rivers on all of my dynasty rosters because I drafted Rivers in our rookie draft to back up Brees in SD

When Brees went to NO that gave me two #1 QB's and had to make that decision many times.

When I would be making my line up I was always playing match ups ( with Studs ) at QB, of course by last year Brees was always the clear cut favorite. I finally trades Rivers before the start of last season to strengthen other positions and make the decision simpler

I benched Boldin this past week because I believed he'd be a castaway on Revis Island. Turns out that honor went mostly to Mason. I got away with it, but I did have a ASYS sort of moment. :wacko:

19 carries for 42 yards = Turner was marginal at best this week and should have been benched for almost ANY other viable option

When judging the Steelers run defense this year, keep in mind that not only was Troy Polamalu injured, but, so was Aaron Smith. Smith is the best run-stuffing D-lineman the Steelers have. Over the course of his career, when he gets injured, the rush defense suffers.

19 carries for 42 yards = Turner was marginal at best this week and should have been benched for almost ANY other viable option

Given the same choice again, I'd still start him. Moore was flat out awful and Turner never got any GL opportunities. That 50 yard TD run in OT could have been Turner as easilly as it was Mendenhall. It just didn't work out that way. Sometimes you just miss. How many people benched Rice? Often that 3rd RB just isn't a viable option either.

As far as Moss goes this week, Ryan said it was a mistake to keep Revis on the left all game instead of on Boldin. He also said Revis will be on Moss this week. Do you bench Moss now?

So Moss owners ? If you have a better options do you bench Randy against Reevis or asys ?

I'm already agonizing over this one after he burned me twice last year. I know if I bench him now, they'll stick Revis on Welker for a play or two and Moss will go 80 yards for a TD.

In one league my other choices are Knox/Clayton and in another, McClusterf*ck or Darrius Heyward-I'm-Getting-Waived-This-Week. The latter is an easy decision. The former, meh, probably stick with Moss too.

Mason vs Cin

Chambers vs Clev

My other wr is Colston who is a no brainer

Cinci's secondary is pretty solid, no? Didnt Hall pitch a shutout against Mason last season? Sure, Boldin is there now but... :wacko:

If it was me, I think I'd go Moss, Colston, and I suppose Chambers and hope for the best :tup:

So Moss owners ? If you have a better options do you bench Randy against Reevis or asys ?

You would have to have a helluva bench to sit Randy Moss in a league where you start 3 WRs. For me, in the one league in which I drafted Moss, that would mean that I would have to start Laurent Robinson or Jacoby Jones. No thanks... I'll take my chances with Randy Moss.

As for the general nature of this thread, I don't think you should ever pigeonhole yourself into a mentality that isn't flexible. I almost always start my studs... But sometimes you have to go with your gut. I started Cutler over Romo this past weekend and it paid off. But I've had times where I got cute and benched a stud or borderline stud for a nice matchup play and got burned. The most important thing you can ask yourself is this - Am I okay with it if I bench <insert stud player's name here> and he outscores <insert matchup player's name here>? You have to trust your instincts and gather as much information as possible that can help with your decision. How has each player historically fared against their opponent this weekend? What's the weather going to be like? How did they look last week or in practice this week? It's like making decisions in poker... You can't get too upset at the results if you feel you made the right decision based on all of the evidence you had at your disposal at the time you had to make the decision.

I think, at this point, there is definitely a 'Revis Rule' that's an exception to ASYS. Just about any tier 2 or high-tier 3 with a half decent matchup is worth a shot thanks to the 'Revis Rule'.

But it really depends if Revis sticks with one side of the field or mirrors the WR. That's tough to guess every week but this week they've already leaked he's shadowing Moss.

Maybe Moss has a Moss-like day but lately with FF WRs it's pretty easy to find a guy to do better than 34 yds and zero TDs.

I'd like to sit Randy this week, but my options are M Williams, Massaquoi, Bowe and Knox...

not exactly an easy decision....but Moss totaled about 7 catches for about 75 yds against the Jets last year BETWEEN 2 GAMES....

I really just might roll the dice without Moss this week and the next time he faces Revis as well....but I'm not sure how I can actually bench Randy Moss :wacko:

If you truly believe your other options are likely to outscore Moss, then you sit Moss, no-brainer.

IMO, no matter who is guarding him, I would be hard pressed to sit Moss unless I was sickeningly strong at WR.