[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Songs you hate

driveby

OK, well the thread was a song you hate. Some of us didn't exactly follow the rules by throwing out bands but I will stand by the fact that I do, in fact, hate each and every Jimmy Buffett song I've ever heard. So that counts. But you can't say "country" and then qualify that by saying country except Cash or Willie Nelson, or what have you.

Oh, and props on Billie Don't Be a Hero. Out of left field but a solid choice given the question.

If I have to pick one song, I'll choose this one

i can tolerate cash....... hard time doing that with other country

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Betty!!!! The absolute worst song ever recorded!!!!

My niece when she was like 7 years old gave me a CD for Christmas - It had 11 songs on it - ALL of them Black Betty!!!!!

lmao

cmon - that's so bad it's great in a camp kinda way IMO.

Some of you don't seem to "get" the thread: you can hate stuff which is quality music yknow. eg I hate the Rolling Stones but concede they did some quality stuff. Ditto much of Led Zep. AC/DC OTOH I hate because they just suck so bad.

Much of it is the singer for me. eg Robert Palmer's voice really grates on me. Ditto Jim Morrison, Natalie Merchant, Madonna, and many others...which reminds me to include any band (this includes a LOT of modern rock bands) where the so-called singer has one of those whiny tinny voices. eg Dave Matthews, REM, ad nauseum.

Getting back to specific songs.......there are only about a billion so trying to grab the ones which are really the worst of the worst:

We built this city (Starship) - from what I hear often tops the list of "worst songs ever" and rightfully so. Can't believe they actually recorded it.

Compared to you (Cueball O'Conner) - if someone shoots her talent-less, worthless whiny ass dead I will pay good money.

Bravo to those who mentioned Free Bird. What a pile of poo.

I will always love you (Whitney Houston) - Horrible song sung even worse; talk about fingernails on a chalkboard

Pina Colada (R Holmes) - The music, the lyrics....this easily makes the short list of worst ever. It's like someone bet him to come up w/the worst song possible and somehow get it marketed. Maybe he blackmailed someone-?

Wind Beneath my Wings (Bette Midler) - Actually a talented/succesful entertainer, so why this painfully bad song and why sung so bad?

McCartney and S Wonder's Ebony and Ivory - two of the greatest musical talents ever COMBINED to come up w/this? :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

Walk This Way - Aerosmith. Absolutely appalling, a total aural disaster.

Oh christ, if we were doing a "Worst of Aerosmith" compilation, that wouldn't show up until like Volume 4.

I'm with you. I can listen to Cash but the rest of the "my baby done gone stole my boots and left me, I'm a lonesome cowboy boo hoo" crap makes me puke.

(okay, this one is technically bluegrass)

ETA - I LOVE these songs, just trying to give Ursa some "country" that doesn't result in regurgitation.

Edited by Chavez

I've heard many people who can't stand country exempt Johnny Cash. Some say he transcended it.

Eh, that's just people being Megan Foxy and snobby about musical taste - "well, see, Johnny Cash is not really country because of" something or other.

If Cash transcends genre, so do WIllie Nelson and Hank Williams. Those who don't like country probably would do well to check out The Onion's Nashville or Bust column. If you wade in with an open mind, it will probably be at least enlightening, if not enjoyable.

I am finding out they have some real crappy in rock band 2 when you start out, but the one I REALLY hate is "let's pretend that we're dead" by L7. what a moronic song in every way.

I saw Helmet around '94 or so, and L7 was the opening act. They literally got booed from the moment they hit the stage until the last note. It was awesome.

I'm gonna go with the Doors. Dropping acid and babbling about utter nonsense. . .doesn't cut it for me.

Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney...Say, Say, Say. How can two people who claim to have so much "talent" put out such a pile of steaming dung.

You country-haters have obviously never known the pleasure of a Taylor Swift video. Dozens of times. Maybe even as much as a hundred.

I've heard many people who can't stand country exempt Johnny Cash. Some say he transcended it.
Eh, that's just people being Megan Foxy and snobby about musical taste - "well, see, Johnny Cash is not really country because of" something or other.

well, it's mostly just that it's "cool" to like johnny cash and people, by and large, are sheep when it comes to that kind of thing. there's lots of good country music out there. hank williams, patsy cline, emmylou harris, ricky skaggs, allison krauss. of course, there is crap that will make your ears bleed if you turn on "new" country radio. but even that is certainly no worse than your typical top-40 station.

I am finding out they have some real crappy in rock band 2 when you start out, but the one I REALLY hate is "let's pretend that we're dead" by L7. what a moronic song in every way.

I've got a tattoo from the Bricks Are Heavy insert. Not the skeleton hands, but the girl eating soup with the question mark above her head. Never a real L7 fan, it's noisy, but I liked the picture and when younger I really dug the female L7 fan.

I hate Bob Seger otherwise I'll give it a listen. Tons of stuff I dislike. I only hate Seger. All Seger.

I've got a tattoo from the Bricks Are Heavy insert. Not the skeleton hands, but the girl eating soup with the question mark above her head. Never a real L7 fan, it's noisy, but I liked the picture and when younger I really dug the female L7 fan.

I hate Bob Seger otherwise I'll give it a listen. Tons of stuff I dislike. I only hate Seger. All Seger.

strut wasnt all that bad.

kinda catchy.

But oh they love to watch her strut

Oh they do respect her but

They love to watch her strut

If Cash transcends genre, so do WIllie Nelson and Hank Williams. Those who don't like country probably would do well to check out The Onion's Nashville or Bust column. If you wade in with an open mind, it will probably be at least enlightening, if not enjoyable.

well, it's mostly just that it's "cool" to like johnny cash and people, by and large, are sheep when it comes to that kind of thing. there's lots of good country music out there. hank williams, patsy cline, emmylou harris, ricky skaggs, allison krauss. of course, there is crap that will make your ears bleed if you turn on "new" country radio. but even that is certainly no worse than your typical top-40 station.

i probably like 1% of country music. johnny cash makes up about half of that. it's the twang and drawl. can't stand it. comes on the radio and i have to change it. there are a lot of artists that i can appreciate, just can't listen to them. i will add that if you take away the vocals, i'd likely enjoy a much larger % of the music.