[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For TimC, Whomper and Big John

muck

Sorry for your loss. :wacko:

I saw that poem by Jimmy Stewart when it first aired (Late 60's...early 70's?) and I can't watch it anymore. Just like I refuse to watch "Marley and Me", and "Old Yeller" (watched several times, but no more). Hits too close to home.

My best to you and your family.

:wacko: I still miss my first best friend, and to this day occasionally call our new dog by his name.

Same here. I accidentally call our "foreclosure" dog, Roxey, the wrong name sometimes. :tup:

She's a really good dog and understands though. :tup:

my heart is with all of you guys.

we put my oldest (only 6 years old) 2 weeks ago yesterday.

he blew out his back. went from walking to completely paralyzed in the back half in about 24 hours. surgery was only a coin flip and i couldn't put him through 6 weeks of immobile recovery time. one of the hardest times in my life ever.

not meaning to hijack, just saying i've been thinking of all of you that have done this recently and all our little buddies.

rhippens, same thing happened to my lab, Bootsie. We got home from the movies and her back legs were gone. We couldn't do the surgery and rehab for her either. It would've been just too painful. You did the right thing. So sorry to hear about it. :wacko:

I'm with you guys. Did it about a month ago. 12 year old Lab. I felt horrible putting him down but we could tell (for a while) he wasn't the same and wasn't having a good quality of life. To be with another living thing and watch him die was unbelievably difficult.

We are bringing home a new lab today. I'm excited but also a bit unsure of how I'll feel. I feel like we are replacing our old dog. You know, out with the old, in with the new. I almost feel like we should have respected our old lab by not buying a new one so quick. My wife needs him though. Our youngest just started 1st grade so my wife is home alone when not working.

Anyways, i guess can't wait to see him. He's going to be a fine addition to the family. Hopefully sparks the good memories and keeps the spirit of Yogi alive in our house.

i guess when it rains, it pours. i had to put our dachshund mix down this morning. she had had kidney problems, and on monday she started walking into stuff, almost like she went blind overnight. tuesday, my wife left for a business trip in europe and won't be home till sunday. the dog went downhill fast -- unable to control her urination, then unable to walk much and finally, last night, she was unable to really stand. i had already made a vet appointment for this morning. my wife and i had the dog for almost 14 years, from right after we moved in together. since having kids i haven't been really attached to the dog, but when i walked through the vet's doors this morning i was a mess. the past few days have just been beyond brutal, compounded by my wife not being here and my having to do this by myself. my wife may not have had a chance to say goodbye, but the dog was so out of sorts, it was probably better my wife didn't see her that way. r.i.p. schnapps.

i guess when it rains, it pours. i had to put our dachshund mix down this morning. she had had kidney problems, and on monday she started walking into stuff, almost like she went blind overnight. tuesday, my wife left for a business trip in europe and won't be home till sunday. the dog went downhill fast -- unable to control her urination, then unable to walk much and finally, last night, she was unable to really stand. i had already made a vet appointment for this morning. my wife and i had the dog for almost 14 years, from right after we moved in together. since having kids i haven't been really attached to the dog, but when i walked through the vet's doors this morning i was a mess. the past few days have just been beyond brutal, compounded by my wife not being here and my having to do this by myself. my wife may not have had a chance to say goodbye, but the dog was so out of sorts, it was probably better my wife didn't see her that way. r.i.p. schnapps.

Hey man...really sorry to hear this. It's not an easy thing to do.

I'm with you guys. Did it about a month ago. 12 year old Lab. I felt horrible putting him down but we could tell (for a while) he wasn't the same and wasn't having a good quality of life. To be with another living thing and watch him die was unbelievably difficult.

We are bringing home a new lab today. I'm excited but also a bit unsure of how I'll feel. I feel like we are replacing our old dog. You know, out with the old, in with the new. I almost feel like we should have respected our old lab by not buying a new one so quick. My wife needs him though. Our youngest just started 1st grade so my wife is home alone when not working.

Anyways, i guess can't wait to see him. He's going to be a fine addition to the family. Hopefully sparks the good memories and keeps the spirit of Yogi alive in our house.

After our first dog died we got a new one within a month. Our second dog doesn't count because we got our third dog while #2 was still alive. We waited a week to replace our 3rd. I felt it was a honor to #1 and #3 that we replaced them so quickly. Yes, and my wife needed one badly also.

Again I see it as a tribute NOT a disrespectful/shameful act. Your closing sentence says it all.

You did the right thing Chief.