[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dez Bryant making up for being a worry wart...

KSUChiefsTarheelFan

:tup:

At some point, Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant was going to get his comeuppance. Teammate Roy Williams all but guaranteed that during training camp.

Bryant made national news in training camp when he refused to carry Williams' pads after practice -- bucking the trend of veteran NFL players hazing rookies. Bryant later said he didn't know about such tradition.

"I'm not doing it," Bryant said then. "I feel like I was drafted to play football, not carry another player's pads."

Williams excused it, saying then that Bryant, who received $8.3 million in guaranteed money from his rookie contract, would just have to take the team out to dinner and get him some new shoes.

Well, that dinner happened Monday night. The final tab: $54,896.

Bryant took the offensive players out to Pappas Bros. Steakhouse. Williams, however, made sure Bryant got the message, inviting defensive players as well.

And guess who was left holding the bill afterward.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser, David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

Players ordered basically everything on the menu and even took home bottles of wine.

After checking out the 90-page wine book, it's anybody's guess if anybody took home a bottle of Chateau Latour for $9,000. It's also possible a few players ordered a bottle of PlumpJack Reserve for $600.

No word from Bryant or Williams about the evening ... yet.

"They got the young fella," said Bryant's adviser, David Wells. "What could he say? He had to pay it unless he wanted to wash dishes for a month."

:wacko:

How many dishwashers make $55K a month?

worry wart = D0uche BAg

It's been a while, I forgot there was a filter...... :tup:

Edited by KSUChiefsTarheelFan

This is funny stuff, but ordering a bottle of wine for your cellar is bush league behavior. He dropped dinero buying them dinner. IF they couldn't finish it, they couldn't finish it.

Hey man, give me a case of that '95 Port on my way out! Weak.

Edited by Pope Flick

This is funny stuff, but ordering a bottle of wine for your cellar is bush league behavior. He dropped dinero buying them dinner. IF they couldn't finish it, they couldn't finish it.

Don't think it is weak at all - it is all part of the prank and I think it was all probably done with good intentionally ribbing.

Exactly. The '94 Port was much better. Stupid football players.

Disagreee - if you can't finish it at the table, take it home. But ordering chit 'to go' is a bit much.

I don't know...$54,000 to an NFL player is like 2 packs of Kool Menthols to a welfare recipient. Not really that much at all and usually have it in their coat pocket. Well, if poor people bought coats for themselves instead of smokes, of course.

On Sirius NFL Radio, Peter King lambasted the Cowboys players for this. Apparently, he's pretty involved in a food pantry where he lives and was commenting on how many people could be fed for $55,000. IMO, he made some great points and the Cowboys should be embarrassed for their behavior.

On Sirius NFL Radio, Peter King lambasted the Cowboys players for this. Apparently, he's pretty involved in a food pantry where he lives and was commenting on how many people could be fed for $55,000. IMO, he made some great points and the Cowboys should be embarrassed for their behavior.

Not in their genes.

The dude has worked his A$$ of for the money he now makes - his career will be lucky to last more than 5 years.

It is HIS money and he can do what he wants with it.

In my opinion anyone who rips on a person for spending the money they make (without help from Govt) on what they want should be embarrassed.

I was at a high School football game and the QB's family has a lot of money - this team is good now while in the past has been lousy - they made the playoffs last year and the crowds were larger than what could fit in the stands - The QB's dad bought some portable stands and gave them to the school. I was sitting next to some teachers and they were discussing how wrong it was that this family bought the stands when that money could have went to paying for another teacher. What a joke.

On Sirius NFL Radio, Peter King lambasted the Cowboys players for this. Apparently, he's pretty involved in a food pantry where he lives and was commenting on how many people could be fed for $55,000.

:wacko: what a tool. it may have been lame to run the bill up that high, but using that to bring attention to your own philanthropy is lamer. peter king is a bigger "worry wart" than dez bryant or just about anyone else.

Hey Peter King...an hour of Obama flying around on Air Force One to re-elect Democrats that run this country into the ground probably costs $55,000. I expect to see the headline in the New York Times tomorrow morning to read "Obama kills thousands of poor people to re-elect Harry Reid to destroy America" or I'm gonna be pizzed. :oldrolleyes:

Gawd, hippies that equate everything in to helping the poor disgust me. Dez should buy them one used "How to Grow a Garden" book to share.

I don't know...$54,000 to an NFL player is like 2 packs of Kool Menthols to a welfare recipient. Not really that much at all and usually have it in their coat pocket. Well, if poor people bought coats for themselves instead of smokes, of course.

54,896 / 8,300,000 = ~.0066%. National median household income is $44,389. Proportionally, that's like a $292 bill for the average American family. I'm not going to worry too much about the meal putting him in the poor house. Now if he was making the rookie minimum of $325k it would be a little different.

:wacko: What a dousch Peter King is. The Cowboys have nothing to be embarrased about. Lavish spending isnt something uncommon in the nfl is it ? Some of these guys have watches worth 55 grand.

I gots no problem w/ Dez spending $55k however it is that he wants to. However, it doesn't appear that he wanted to spend this, and it was one hugh "gotcha" due to him not carrying pads at camp.

IMO, it's one thing for Dez to take the offense out to a nice steak dinner and for everyone to order a hugh meal with nice wine, etc ... but its something else for Roy Williams to invite the defense and then for players to get bottles of wine (and food?) to take home with them for the express purpose of sticking it to Dez. To me, that's bad form.

Some of these guys have watches worth 55 grand.

Leave Furd out of this. He has endured enough pain rooting for the Lions.

Thanks Puddy.

I'm not aware of a $55,000 watch. I did look at a limited edition black Hublot Big Bang King that was listed at $23k. Nice watch.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, I believe that it was poor form to order anything "to go." It was a dinner, not a shopping spree. As far as the dinner itself, anything goes.

Any reference to the average guy or whatever is silly. Its Bryant's money. He can spend it as he likes.

Thanks Puddy.

I'm not aware of a $55,000 watch. I did look at a limited edition black Hublot Big Bang King that was listed at $23k. Nice watch.

As far as the topic of the thread goes, I believe that it was poor form to order anything "to go." It was a dinner, not a shopping spree. As far as the dinner itself, anything goes.

Any reference to the average guy or whatever is silly. Its Bryant's money. He can spend it as he likes.

Sweet watch, where can I find a knockoff? :wacko: