[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Guarantee he didn't kill himself

AY2FDCBM

You seriously think he wanted the kid dead? His intentions were to have him DEAD?

No I don't think that he could foresee that the kid would kill himself. However, he certainly could foresee that he was about to totally ruin this kids life in many ways. No one has the right to do something like that to anyone. Not even to me while I am banging Megan Fox.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's just a college kid. Probably just wasn't thinking. Didn't really understand. Just an immature kid.

Give me a f'n break.

He knew he was going to ruin that kids life with that webcam. He knew exactly what he was doing. There has been a terrible result to what he did and everyone is defending him. I am dumbfounded.

Do what ever the heck you want.... don't worry about the consequences....in fact don't even think about the consequences of what you are about to do. You will get a pass because no one is responsible for what they do nowadays. Just think of yourself. Who cares what happens as long as I get what I want.

No wonder I stay home.

I hear ya my man - probably a good idea

cmon - these kids are in college! me and everyone I know was a jackass at that age, did we go to that extreme? I dunno, probably not, but all the same we are all guilty of doing some chitty stuff at that age- give me an effing break.......watch Gran Torino a few times??

Hey Sky,

A buddy of mine in college took pictures of his various girlfriends naked on his bed. Should he be charged with multiple counts of attempted murder? Now I agree he's a scumbag, but I think you are taking this to the extreme.

No I don't think that he could foresee that the kid would kill himself. However, he certainly could foresee that he was about to totally ruin this kids life in many ways.

hold on a sec. the kid and the roommate probably knew each other for what, a month? apparently this wasn't the first lover his roommate had brought back to their room to get it on. now I think a lot of this depends on the facts of the case, which may or may not come out over time, but is it truly your experience that most promiscuous people who bring several lovers back to a room they share with someone else would have their lives "totally ruined" by some other people getting a glimpse of them getting it on? that kind of behavior tends to indicate a rather cavalier attitude toward sex. now if the kid hadn't come out to friends and family, and the roommate knew that and sent a link to the kid's dad or something, that's another story. but unless we know that's the case, I think you are overstating the case.

Hey Sky,

A buddy of mine in college took pictures of his various girlfriends naked on his bed. Should he be charged with multiple counts of attempted murder? Now I agree he's a scumbag, but I think you are taking this to the extreme.

I don't think the two are comparable....unless one of the girls had a penis...then that is a bit frightening..

I don't think the two are comparable....unless one of the girls had a penis...then that is a bit frightening..

Honestly I thought my buddy was gay, until I saw the pictures. We were buddies in high school, and the dude never got laid. He goes off to college, reinvents himself and really started pulling it down.

No, Az, I won't berate you. As I said.... I am dumbfounded.

So I stand corrected on my view by the majority. Kid in no way should be held responsilbe for anything other than invasion of privacy. Except he can't be held responsible for that either because they lived in a dorm which....by definition...has no privacy.

Good enough. No problem. Hate is okay here. Just college kids being college kids.

Oh, and in answer to kids and being in college. Being in college is no pass. If that were the case I guess I would have to tell all the kids of college age who decided to do their duty before going to college that died beside me that it was all a mistake. Being in college is no pass. Not in a million years.

Edited by skylive5

I hear ya my man - probably a good idea

cmon - these kids are in college! me and everyone I know was a jackass at that age, did we go to that extreme? I dunno, probably not, but all the same we are all guilty of doing some chitty stuff at that age- give me an effing break.......watch Gran Torino a few times??

Again with the "who amongst us" crap. Why is it that, every time some kid does something absolutely cruel and anyone gets pissed about it, the "who amongst us" card gets played. Well, I freaking amongst us didn't do anything like that when I was a kid. Did I screw around? Absolutely. Did I do stupid stunts? Certainly. Did I do something absolutely cruel like that? Hell no. Would it be even remotely the same if a roommate was straight? Not likely. I mean, it's pretty mean spirited regardless because once it's out there, it's out there. Next thing you know, your family can see you having sex on Youtube. Not cool at all.

But no, this quite possibly takes on another level because kid is gay and there's a lot of people who have a problem with that. And it's taboo enough that people go years knowing they're gay before they tell anyone.

So no, I don't think these kids assumed the guy was going to kill himself but it doesn't mean it wasn't really cruel and I think it is lame to lessen it by pretending that none of us are above that.

What a scumbag. I dont think there is any way he could have known he wopuld committ suicide, but either way needs to be held responsible for his actions that contributed to the kids death.

Maybe involuntary manslaughter?

This was a premeditated act that he KNEW would cause at the very least incredibel embarassment and humiliation to that kid. Own up, be a fking man and accept your punishment for playing a amajor role in the death of another person.

You seriously think he wanted the kid dead? His intentions were to have him DEAD?

Of course not. But death is often the cause of actions that were not intended.

He'll likely be charged with invasion of privacy, perhaps even a hate-crime oriented charge, and of course, involuntary manslaughter.

CNN estimated that if convicted, he'll likely serve 6-10 years.

Honestly I thought my buddy was gay, until I saw the pictures. We were buddies in high school, and the dude never got laid. He goes off to college, reinvents himself and really started pulling it down.

ahaha :wacko: great story

Edited by Avernus

He'll likely be charged with invasion of privacy, perhaps even a hate-crime oriented charge, and of course, involuntary manslaughter.

I think this is about right. I don't think the dude ever thought the other dude would kill himself (I actually think you are nuts if you honestly believe the guy thought his actions would lead to the guy committing suicide)- but guess what - he did kill himslef and his actions played a large role in that outcome.

I think a good middle of the road 8 years in the slammer sounds about right.

Yea give him 6-10 yrs to be Bubba's biatch that's about right. Think we can get a webcam in there to stream it?

No, Az, I won't berate you. As I said.... I am dumbfounded.

So I stand corrected on my view by the majority. Kid in no way should be held responsilbe for anything other than invasion of privacy. Except he can't be held responsible for that either because they lived in a dorm which....by definition...has no privacy.

Good enough. No problem. Hate is okay here. Just college kids being college kids.

Oh, and in answer to kids and being in college. Being in college is no pass. If that were the case I guess I would have to tell all the kids of college age who decided to do their duty before going to college that died beside me that it was all a mistake. Being in college is no pass. Not in a million years.

I don't think anyone is asserting that the roommate should not be held responsible for his actions. No one is saying hate is okay. No one is saying he gets a free pass because he is a college student.

I believe the roommate was trying, for lack of a better term, to ruin the kid's life. I believe he was trying to humiliate him and cause him embarrassment and emotional pain. I believe that the roommate is in many ways, a fk pig. I cannot believe for a moment that he thought the kid would commit suicide over this. I certainly do not believe that the roommate should be executed for his actions.

Hey Sky,

Great analogy.

So I stand corrected on my view by the majority.

I agree with you 100%. How often does something happen where somebody dies - but folk didn't see it ending up that way? Is that an excuse? I'd love to see this guy put away. I believe that there is two types of gay - the first is gay born out of deviance - typically prompted by something that happened in their childhood and the other is folk that are born gay. Either way - its got to be tough on a person until they come to terms with things.

Folk are cruel. Parents will sometimes disown gay children. Churches will say gay is evil. Posting what all happened on the net is must have been like a bomb dropped on this kid. He must have felt all alone. Must have thought everybody was laughing at him and judging him.

Perch - this has about zero in common with your buddy who'd take naked pictures of chicks on his bed. Its silly that you'd even think to compair the two and how somebody might react to both situations.

We would need an attorney to verify this but I believe the individuals who hid the webcam in his room could be charged with criminally negligent manslaughter.

Criminally negligent manslaughter

Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offense of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.

Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim. It is most common in the case of professionals who are grossly negligent in the course of their employment. An example is where a doctor fails to notice a patient's oxygen supply has disconnected and the patient dies

I don't think anyone is asserting that the roommate should not be held responsible for his actions. No one is saying hate is okay. No one is saying he gets a free pass because he is a college student.

I believe the roommate was trying, for lack of a better term, to ruin the kid's life. I believe he was trying to humiliate him and cause him embarrassment and emotional pain. I believe that the roommate is in many ways, a fk pig. I cannot believe for a moment that he thought the kid would commit suicide over this. I certainly do not believe that the roommate should be executed for his actions.

This.

I think it is a bit of a stretch to arge that it a reasonable person would foresee that taping your college roommate having sex would result in his death.

I don't think it's a bit of a stretch. I think it's such a massive stretch it's absurd.

The kid who did this is an irresponsible, spiteful POS and I frankly he chokes on it for a long time, but holding him accountable for the suicide is completely and totally ridiculous. And spare me the silly "hate time" BS. Being "hateful" doesn't make a crime any better or worse.

He's just a college kid. Probably just wasn't thinking. Didn't really understand. Just an immature kid.

Give me a f'n break.

He knew he was going to ruin that kids life with that webcam. He knew exactly what he was doing. There has been a terrible result to what he did and everyone is defending him. I am dumbfounded.

Do what ever the heck you want.... don't worry about the consequences....in fact don't even think about the consequences of what you are about to do. You will get a pass because no one is responsible for what they do nowadays. Just think of yourself. Who cares what happens as long as I get what I want.

No wonder I stay home.

+ 1. I'm with you on this.

+ 1. I'm with you on this.

Someone show me where the multitude who have responded are defending the college roommate who perpetrated this crime? Just because most don't think the roommate should be executed, and many question whether he should be tried for murder, does not equate to defense of the roommate.