[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Strangest hold 'em hand EVER ...

Grits and Shins

Annual poker weekend at a buddy's lake cabin. We've been playing awhile on Friday night with some older cards - the cards are sticking together. Finally somebody finds another deck and puts it into play.

2-4 Fixed limit cash game, 7 players

I'm in the big blind with As, Qh

UTG - calls

Fold

Fold

Raise

Re-raise

Fold

I call

UTG - calls

Original raiser, re-raises

Button re-raises again for the cap

$23 in the pot, $4 to call, pretty likely both behind me will call adding another $8 to the pot

I call ... pot is $33

Flop

Ac - 10h - 9d

Now I have a pair of Aces with a queen kicker, I bet $2

Call

Raise

Re-raise

What do you do here? What hands to you put the raiser and re-raiser on? A-10 or A-9 seem unlikely with the raises/re-raises ... 10-9 seems a stretch ... We have to be talking about A-A, A-K, 10-10 here don't we?

For whatever reason I decide to call.

UTG calls

Re-raise

Re-raise for the cap

Damn ... I should fold ... but I call, lots of money in that pot.

Turn is 10d

So the board looks like this Ac - 10h - 9d - 10d

I have two pair Aces and Tens but am surely behind in the hand ... I check, UTG checks, bet, raise.

At this point I'm convinced that one of them has trip 10s at a minimum, I fold

The bidding is capped the other three stay in ...

River is the Ac ... WHAT? Now there are two Ace of clubs on the board. Now we have pandemonium.

So these are the cards that were held:

A-9 (UTG)

10c-10c

10s-9s

A-Q (me)

The guy that thought he hit quad tens and was getting all the action he could possibly hope for never noticed that both of his tens were clubs.

Can you guess what happened? It was a fricking Pinochle deck and the guy that got it didn't check the deck out before putting it into play.

Annual poker weekend at a buddy's lake cabin. We've been playing awhile on Friday night with some older cards - the cards are sticking together. Finally somebody finds another deck and puts it into play.

UTG - calls

Fold

Fold

Raise

Re-raise

Fold

I call

UTG - calls

$23 in the pot, $4 to call, pretty likely both behind me will call adding another $8 to the pot

I call ... pot is $33

Flop

Ac - 10h - 9d

Call

Raise

Re-raise

What do you do here? What hands to you put the raiser and re-raiser on? A-10 or A-9 seem unlikely with the raises/re-raises ... 10-9 seems a stretch ... We have to be talking about A-A, A-K, 10-10 here don't we?

UTG calls

Re-raise

Re-raise for the cap

Turn is 10d

I have two pair Aces and Tens but am surely behind in the hand ... I check, UTG checks, bet, raise.

River is the Ac ... WHAT? Now there are two Ace of clubs on the board. Now we have pandemonium.

A-9 (UTG)

10c-10c

10s-9s

A-Q (me)

The guy that thought he hit quad tens and was getting all the action he could possibly hope for never noticed that both of his tens were clubs.

Can you guess what happened? It was a fricking Pinochle deck and the guy that got it didn't check the deck out before putting it into play.

:wacko:

UTG - calls

Fold

Fold

Raise

Re-raise

Fold

I call

UTG - calls

I call ... pot is $33

Flop

Ac - 10h - 9d

Call

Raise

Re-raise

UTG calls

Re-raise

Re-raise for the cap

Turn is 10d

A-9 (UTG)

10c-10c

10s-9s

A-Q (me)

:wacko:

Pulled the pinnochle deck once before, but we were playing a hand of 5-card draw to start the night. Talk about crazy action as everyone had quads, full houses, etc.

As for this hand, only thing you can do is return all bets and go back to the ratty old deck. Perhaps next time someone can invest $3 into a new deck of cards. heck, at Costco, you can buy 12 decks for like $10.