[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Brandon Marshall overrated?

nhmtns

Every week he's right near the top of the weekly projections. Week 3 was his only really great week, and he's only scored one TD. Whenever I ask for WR advice, he always seems to get recommended. I realize he's Miami's obvious go-to WR, but I just don't see why everyone is so high on him.

Edited by nhmtns

I drafted him as a #2 and have been pleased with his production but thought he would do more. It seems that he has been double teamed by most opponents. With the emergance of Bess, I think Marshall's value will go up as defenses will need to focus on both. With that being said, I am still expecting #2 production.

Define over-rated?

Best WR on his team? Check

One of the best WRs in the league? Check

On pace for more than 90 catches and 1100 yards? Check

Only has 1 TD so far? Check

I think you have to keep putting him out there every week. TDs should come at some point this year. He's still piling up catches and yards. He's top 15 but probably more of a WR2 than WR1 for fantasy purposes

Every week he's right near the top of the weekly projections. Week 3 was his only really great week, and he's only scored one TD. Whenever I ask for WR advice, he always seems to get recommended. I realize he's Miami's obvious go-to WR, but I just don't see why everyone is so high on him.

You mean beside the fact that he is the top 5 for targets per game and has already had his bye week. Granted he is more valuable in PPR, but as a #2 WR I'm not complaining. I also have Bess on the same team and have played them both at times.

I've benched him for Bess this week in a PPR league. Bess is more likely for more receptions and TDs so I don't think anything other than name value is what is keeping him in some starting lineups. He has had two good weeks so far and the rest score about 10 - 11 points in my PPR. That's not "nothing" but 5 catches and 50 yards with a better chance at a TD can be found on my bench. So he is under producing for FF purposes but you never know when he could get on a hot streak.

i see him as ranked 21 in non- ppr and 13th in ppr. i recall not loving the wr's after andre, wayne, and calvin in drafts because of so many question marks abour qb's and situation. felt that marshall elevated henne, but henne and having two strong rbs (at the time) brought marshall's value down......

I just traded for him, other owner accepted last night. Gave Ryan (former Romo owner) and Colston for Marshall (I still have Rodgers and Roeth). Marshall's had the catches, decent yardage, just low TD's. I love his schedule, now's the time to buy a little low from a potentially frustrated owner. TD's are on the way!

Define over-rated?

Best WR on his team? Check

One of the best WRs in the league? Check

On pace for more than 90 catches and 1100 yards? Check

Only has 1 TD so far? Check

0 for 4. Check.

He can't get open and every time I see him (granted just off and on this year) his efforts often look half-ass. And he's really putting on a clunker today - in fact the last 2 passes were one pathetic drop and a lame effort for a slightly high ball which allowed Ed Reed to pick it off.

NFL-wise he's overrated. FF-wise he's a joke.

Problem is this isnt Denver. In Denver they forced the ball to him like Detroit does to Megatron or Houston to Andre but they dont trust Henne enough to pass to Marshall when hes covered up. Ridiculous but guess we got to get used to it. The Beast is being Tammed.

Edited by damageinc

Overrated in terms of fantasy value. He's had five weeks of totals between 5-7 points for me. It gets a bit frustrating hoping he'll live up to his projections and being disappointed by mediocre performances.

So you are saying if the projections are wrong that week whether it's his fault or not he should be dropped?

Maybe people think the Miami passing game will improve week to week.