[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates doubtful for Monday night

Chargerz

A sports reporter on one of San Diego's TV stations said tonight that Gates is still having feet problems and is VERY DOUBTFUL for the Monday night game against Denver. All you McMichael owners might want to plug him into your lineups this week.

Crazy year for TE's. I think gates should sit until he feels good enough to play and be weapon. No one (including him and the team) needs him in there at way less than 100% and for him to risk setting himself back even further. He does say it's getting better, but he still has a way to go:

TE Antonio Gates (toe, foot) was held out of practice again on Thursday, leaving his status for Week 11 against the Broncos in question. "I've never had to be 100 percent to play," Gates told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "But still the criteria which you need to meet to get out there on the field -- that's being able to run, being able to do something off the foot where it doesn't bother me. I've got a way to go. At this point, I'm trying to give myself a chance to play. It's a tear. It's brutal. It's pain. This is probably as frustrated as I've been in my career based on the recovery."

Gates is one of the toughest players in the league - and DEN has absolutely no one who can cover him even if he is at 50%. I'll bet he plays.

He damn sure better play, I left Fasano on the bench last night, and he was my only option to Gates in my WCFF league. Of course, all of this "doubtful" talk would have served me better on Wednesday before waivers ran, but I am stuck with Gates now. I hope like hell you are right BB. I feel ill...

WDIS

Random TE who will get 2 catches for 22 yards or Gates?

I think I'll still stick with Gates and accept the gooseegg in exchange for the possible 20 points.

(Of course now he'll sit and I'll lose by 2)

WDIS

Random TE who will get 2 catches for 22 yards or Gates?

I think I'll still stick with Gates and accept the gooseegg in exchange for the possible 20 points.

(Of course now he'll sit and I'll lose by 2)

McMichael isn't available?....get both and start 1...

He damn sure better play, I left Fasano on the bench last night, and he was my only option to Gates in my WCFF league. Of course, all of this "doubtful" talk would have served me better on Wednesday before waivers ran, but I am stuck with Gates now. I hope like hell you are right BB. I feel ill...

It's not like Fasano did anything last night anyway..

It's not like Fasano did anything last night anyway..

Yeah, that is comforting, but if I had an inkling that he might actually miss after the bye I could have picked up another TE. I am just so used to this guy coming through no matter what, I didn't worry about it much. :wacko:

Sadly, with the game being Monday night, and no other TE options should Gates end up playing, there is very little chance I can take a risk and start McMichael.

This makes no sense. If you have Gates and McMichael you simply wait until Monday night to make the decision.

Please don't tell me your in a league where you can't change Monady night players to other Monday night players because that would be like living in the stone age.

McMichael isn't available?....get both and start 1...

Nope, Mcmichael isn't available in my league. It's either Gates or B.Watson for me. A decision that I will have right up until noon on sunday if I want to risk and go for Gates or stick with Watson.

I picked up Tamme a couple weeks ago just to cover Gates for the last two games. Looks like he's staying on the roster till the end of the season.

Don't normally like to carry two tight ends.

This makes no sense. If you have Gates and McMichael you simply wait until Monday night to make the decision.

Please don't tell me your in a league where you can't change Monady night players to other Monday night players because that would be like living in the stone age.

:wacko:

I have McMichael, not Gates. Where did I write that I had both?

But thatnks for the tip on being able to switch players out who are BOTH playing Monday night....thats solid insight :tup:

Unfortunately in this league I didn't pick up McMichael and can't do waivers after Thurs kickoff. I'm sure one of your 47 leagues is like that.

Looks a like Tamme week for me again....glad I have another very solid option, Tamme shot to stardom at the perfect time!

I have Tamme with Gates in one league and Vernon Davis with Gates in another so at least I have some solid options but I'd sure like to have Gates weeks 12-16.

I have Tamme with Gates in one league but I'd sure like to have Gates weeks 12-16.

same here...luckily i was able to nab McMichaels off waivers this week prior to the info about Gates being doubtful...TEs get 1PPR while everyone else gets .5 and we can start 2 TEs so I kinda would like to have both Gates and Tamme for the playoffs

Unfortunately in this league I didn't pick up McMichael and can't do waivers after Thurs kickoff. I'm sure one of your 47 leagues is like that.

I have a league like this as well and it is stone age rules. I used to close wavers at the start of the last game of the weekend locking only platers from teams were the game had started!

same here...luckily i was able to nab McMichaels off waivers this week prior to the info about Gates being doubtful...TEs get 1PPR while everyone else gets .5 and we can start 2 TEs so I kinda would like to have both Gates and Tamme for the playoffs

My league has the exact same set-up. 1 PPR for TE's .5 PPR for everyone else and can start 2 TE's. I also have Tamme and will start him (my 3rd TE is Hernandez). I am simply starting Tamme this weekend and going with McFadden instead of Gates as a 2nd TE. My hope is he sits until he is truly ready. Hopefully week 12 or 13 at worst he is back. Don't play him until he is at least close to 100% and can be a factor and a weapon not just a decoy.

Edited by giantsfan