[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Friday

chester

I didn't plan on shopping but did roll into Sears at 11:30 or so. Picked up a 46 inch Panasonic Plasma (only a 720p) for $499. The price ended at noon. Saved me a hundy over the price at 12:01: :wacko: I watched them take the 'door buster' price down at noon.

I finally picked up a Blu-ray player at Best Buy and got this Samsung for $139, normally $249. Has built in WiFi...

Now I need to pick up a good wireless router. Anybody got any recommendations? Also in the market for a new PC. Probably looking for a desktop for typical home use (innernets, microsoft office (have the software already), picture and music storage, etc). Was thinking about doing his and hers laptops but may do that sometime down the road and start by replacing our 7 year old desktop. It will be nice to finally have a flat panel monitor.

Paid $40 for a Netgear router and it's been flawless.

Best TV deal out there

It may only be a 37', but you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal for a 1080p HD television set.

I could be wrong but I don't think you need 1080P below a 42" TV as your eye can't process the difference...so in essence you are throwing away money to go to a 1080P on the smaller sets

I could be wrong but I don't think you need 1080P below a 42" TV as your eye can't process the difference...so in essence you are throwing away money to go to a 1080P on the smaller sets

It makes a hugh difference if you are a gamer but yeah, if you are sitting 10ft away and watching just HD programming, you won't be able to tell.

It makes a hugh difference if you are a gamer but yeah, if you are sitting 10ft away and watching just HD programming, you won't be able to tell.

HDTV

Great post about RESOLUTION LINK

With that in mind, that's why a set with a maximum 720 lines may be just as good as a set with a maximum of 1080 lines... Depending on it's size... Once the pixels get so small, it doesn't matter if the detail is lost anyway... Of course this varies based on your eyesight, and also the size of the screen vs your viewing distance. In fact, here's a really nice chart that demonstrates how resolution relates to viewing distance and tv size...

YOU WILL HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE CHART

So as you can see, let's say your buying a 40" TV... The ONLY way you'll be able to tell the difference between a 1080 lines of resolution and 720 lines of resolution is if your sitting 5ft away or closer... If your buying a 50" TV, it's about 7 ft... 60" makes it about 7.5 to 8ft... So the honest truth is, in most peoples living rooms at normal viewing distances, you won't see the advantage of 1080 lines of resolution anyway.

seriously, click the link it is an unbelievably informative post

Edited by keggerz

HDTV

Great post about RESOLUTION LINK

YOU WILL HAVE TO CLICK THE LINK TO SEE THE CHART

seriously, click the link it is an unbelievably informative post

We have a 32" Samsung 720p in our bedroom and the picture is excellent. We watch from about 10 feet away. At closer distances I notice some pixelization but it is minor. Just bought another one for the guest bedroom, still a Samsung 32" 720p but the next model down from our bedroom one. The only major difference is the contrast ratio. It was $329 on Amazon, same price as BestBuy's Black Friday doorbuster price.

:wacko: This is "KOHL's" scheme. Cracks me up, and I just roll my eyes when the cashier tells me that "you have SAVED $75" on my $45 bill. Umm, yeah, right.

Picked up a Dyson DC25 Animal vacuum cleaner for 200 bucks at Kohls.

Retail on Amazon for 550.00

Go figure.

Edited by moneymakers

Picked up a Dyson DC25 Animal vacuum cleaner for 200 bucks at Kohls.

Retail on Amazon for 550.00

Go figure.

according to this link it cost you a bit more than 200 bucks

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/kohls-black-friday-ad.html (click the ADD SCAN tab and go to page 7)

Dyson DC25 Animal $599.99, on sale for $499.99

Shows final price as $399(which is 20% off the $499 sale price)...but that should have netted you $80 in Kohls cash...far from $200 bucks for the DC25 Animal

sort of shows that Kohls indeed does like to frick with their customers

Edited by keggerz

according to this link it cost you a bit more than 200 bucks

http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/kohls-black-friday-ad.html (click the ADD SCAN tab and go to page 7)

Dyson DC25 Animal $599.99, on sale for $499.99

Shows final price as $399(which is 20% off the $499 sale price)...but that should have netted you $80 in Kohls cash...far from $200 bucks for the DC25 Animal

sort of shows that Kohls indeed does like to frick with their customers

But they will match a competitors ad and than apply the 30% off coupon :wacko: