[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cool Picture of Deer

Perchoutofwater

Such beautiful animals. I trust they are both good and dead now?

Nope, dad was turkey hunting. He did bag two turkeys with one shot. Dad doesn't care much for deer hunting. He's more into dove, quail, pheasant, ducks, and turkeys. He says cleaning a deer is too messy, and why shoot one when I give him all the venison he wants.

Nope, dad was turkey hunting. He did bag two turkeys with one shot. Dad doesn't care much for deer hunting. He's more into dove, quail, pheasant, ducks, and turkeys. He says cleaning a deer is too messy, and why shoot one when I give him all the venison he wants.

My neighbor hunts deer with a bow & arrow. He has complained about hunters shooting in the woods behind our houses, calling the cops because they aren't supposed to shoot within city limits. Yet he leaves piles of corn out there and told me he's taken a few down with the bow from his back deck. One day he was showing off and decided to shoot a cat while my wife and I were outside on our deck. The sound was like a baseball bat hitting a watermelon, followed by air being let out of a balloon as the air escaped from its lungs. Two days later a woman asked me if I had seen her cat, and her description matched the one my neighbor killed. :tup:

The guy did bring me a venison steak one time, and it was delicious. :wacko:

My neighbor hunts deer with a bow & arrow. He has complained about hunters shooting in the woods behind our houses, calling the cops because they aren't supposed to shoot within city limits. Yet he leaves piles of corn out there and told me he's taken a few down with the bow from his back deck. One day he was showing off and decided to shoot a cat while my wife and I were outside on our deck. The sound was like a baseball bat hitting a watermelon, followed by air being let out of a balloon as the air escaped from its lungs. Two days later a woman asked me if I had seen her cat, and her description matched the one my neighbor killed. :tup:

I still need Jager and lots of 57 sauce to enjoy venison :tup:

Ah, a true hunter. His bloated carcass sat on his back porch, farting in his rocking chair, he surveys the wild frontier as he chugs another can of American piss. What a total wanker.

If I was his neighbor, he'd have moved by now. For sure.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

The guy did bring me a venison steak one time, and it was delicious. :tup:

Are you certain it was venison? :wacko:

Ah, a true hunter. His bloated carcass sat on his back porch, farting in his rocking chair, he surveys the wild frontier as he chugs another can of American piss. What a total wanker.

Yep, yep, yep, yep and yep. And the piss of choice is Coors Light.

Either you don't know how to process it, and age it, or you don't know how to cook it.

Picture this Perch,21 years old, close bar everynight, live with 2 other Carpenters and a plumber if we didn't passout we'd pan fry it but most of the time nuked it :wacko: you'll have to treat me sometime to the real thing :tup:

Great action pic - they are ruttin' hard right now. An effective time to hunt, but not a real challenging one unless they've goone full nocturnal. Those bucks can make a teenage kid seem asexual. :wacko:

I went hunting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and only saw two bucks, both culls. I almost shot one but it was real late and real cold and really didn't want to bother with it. I'll shoot a big buck late in the evening when it is cold out, but I have a hard time shooting a doe or a cull late in the evening when it is cold. My brother saw one buck what he thinks was a 10 point before it was legal to shoot, but it moved off when it was legal. Most of them on our lease are nocturnal right now, which really surprised me because of the the moon phase. I saw a ton of doe, but am saving my doe for my nephews to shoot over Christmas.

I wish that I would have had my camera with me and ready to shot. I don't know the bird other than it was a hugh beast. It just swooped down out of the open sky and plucked a big squirrel right out of nowhere. It was like watching wild kingdom right in front of my eyes.

Oh and way cool pic Perch.

Jeez what an asshole .

The guy is an ass for shooting the cat. I have no problem with him shooting a deer with a bow from his back yard as most places deer are becoming over populated. There is actually a show on either The Outdoor Chanel or The Sportsmen Chanel that that is called "Deer City USA" which is about urban hunting with bows and crossbows because of the over population problem in so many areas. I've got two SIL's one here in East Texas and on in Utah that see deer in their neighborhoods almost on a nightly basis. They each live in neighborhoods, not out int he country. My father lives out on a lake on a 1 acre lot. The entire lake which is the water supply for a city of about 100,000 people has 1acre lots all around it's shore line. Dad has woods across the street from his house, but probably sees a deer every day or so. He actually had one die in his front yard last year. It had gotten hit by a car and somehow made it off the road and through his gate into his front yard. Point being in most places there is not enough pressure right now to keep the deer population under control. Hogs are even more of a problem than deer in many locations. Texas is considering putting a bounty on feral hogs because they are doing so much damage to property and causing so many accidents on the roads.

I have lost count of how many deer my Grounds Superintendents over the years at different clubs have shot with bows. Some from the deck of the clubhouse in the early morning . . . :wacko:

I ran a club in Wisconsin where the f'kers would almost as tame as cows cause they thought they were safe when hunting season started. . . . how little they knew when the arrows started flying. :tup:

Actually a public service as it was in a CWD zone . . . .

I have lost count of how many deer my Grounds Superintendents over the years at different clubs have shot with bows. Some from the deck of the clubhouse in the early morning . . . :wacko:

I ran a club in Wisconsin where the f'kers would almost as tame as cows cause they thought they were safe when hunting season started. . . . how little they knew when the arrows started flying. :tup:

Actually a public service as it was in a CWD zone . . . .

I used to hunt golf courses a lot. Some supers would actually pay us to come take deer.

Cool pic! :lol:

My neighbor hunts deer with a bow & arrow. He has complained about hunters shooting in the woods behind our houses, calling the cops because they aren't supposed to shoot within city limits. Yet he leaves piles of corn out there and told me he's taken a few down with the bow from his back deck. One day he was showing off and decided to shoot a cat while my wife and I were outside on our deck. The sound was like a baseball bat hitting a watermelon, followed by air being let out of a balloon as the air escaped from its lungs. Two days later a woman asked me if I had seen her cat, and her description matched the one my neighbor killed. :(

The guy did bring me a venison steak one time, and it was delicious. :tup:

Baiting, poaching, and wanton killing an animal just to show off :tup::lol::lol:

How cold? :wacko:

It was 13 when I got in my stand this morning. :(

How late do the seasons go where you fellas all hunt? Bow and muzzleloader are still open here but rifle and shotgun has been done for a while...

ETA: muzzleloader ends today

Edited by Delicious_bass